Beta Version - January 6th (1/6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed some bugs in the new release:

When a city is attacked by the barbarians, sometimes they no longer loot it even if they're in close range. It usually happens if they attack it at the same turn (previously they looted probably always, whether they attacked, "disappeared" inside or even just stood there as long as they were a tile away) but it doesn't occur every time.

The city tile randomly becomes unworkable. I noticed it's connected to some events:
1. if it's attacked by barbarians and you have a low-hp unit stationed inside and it dies because of the attack on the city, the tile becomes unworkable. (could have been actually just number 2 coincidence, because the loot notice didn't happen then)
2. when the city isn't looted despite the fact that a barbarian touched it
3. sometimes just a barbarian getting close or shooting the city does it, but - again it could've been nr2 because a lot happened during these turns

Another one - if declaring war on someone by targeting their civilian, the civilian isn't taken despite the war declaration and the unit simply "stacks" on top of the civilian. It's just slightly annoying, you can take him the next turn anyway if he moves or you move and move back.

Noticed some bugs in the new release:

When a city is attacked by the barbarians, sometimes they no longer loot it even if they're in close range. It usually happens if they attack it at the same turn (previously they looted probably always, whether they attacked, "disappeared" inside or even just stood there as long as they were a tile away) but it doesn't occur every time.

The city tile randomly becomes unworkable. I noticed it's connected to some events:
1. if it's attacked by barbarians and you have a low-hp unit stationed inside and it dies because of the attack on the city, the tile becomes unworkable. (could have been actually just number 2 coincidence, because the loot notice didn't happen then)
2. when the city isn't looted despite the fact that a barbarian touched it
3. sometimes just a barbarian getting close or shooting the city does it, but - again it could've been nr2 because a lot happened during these turns

Another one - if declaring war on someone by targeting their civilian, the civilian isn't taken despite the war declaration and the unit simply "stacks" on top of the civilian. It's just slightly annoying, you can take him the next turn anyway if he moves or you move and move back.

3. Is normal – unit stacking capture takes place on move, can't take place afterwards (consequence of NMCTJ mod).

1 and 2. are bugs related to land units blockading adjacent tiles for city use instead of just tile they are on.

Barbs not always going to pillage.
G

After this Beta mod i cant enter city screen anymore.. not even the name or anything of the City shows up.. just the graphics of the town..

Cleared the cashe and deleted everything many times.. reinstalled the version before
and it works.. replaced with these files and then the same problem.

anyone else?

After this Beta mod i cant enter city screen anymore.. not even the name or anything of the City shows up.. just the graphics of the town..

Cleared the cashe and deleted everything many times.. reinstalled the version before

anyone else?

Delete lua folders in cp and cbp if using full kit (this is in instructions).

G

anyone else?

You forgot to remove the LUA-folders in the CP folder and the CBP folder :D.

I did the exact same thing and managed to play half a game(figured it was a normal visual bug) with it before I found a city-name-plate out in the ocean and realized my mistake :D

You forgot to remove the LUA-folders in the CP folder and the CBP folder :D.

I did the exact same thing and managed to play half a game(figured it was a normal visual bug) with it before I found a city-name-plate out in the ocean and realized my mistake :D

Thank u!! i will try later!!

To counteract early snowballing, perhaps the GPP gained could be lowered slightly and made scale with era?

Turns out I'm blind and the GPP actually does already scale with era. Not really sure what to do about that :D

Turns out I'm blind and the GPP actually does already scale with era. Not really sure what to do about that :D

The randomness cuts some of the power of the +100. I know that RNG is tricky to balance, but it is a nice offset to the very deliberate activation of the UA.

G

The randomness cuts some of the power of the +100. I know that RNG is tricky to balance, but it is a nice offset to the very deliberate activation of the UA.

Try bringing it down to 75, wouldn't slow down the first GP (still two hits) but it would probably add up.

Reinserting the impassable tags for coast and ocean in saneTerrain.sql seems to solve the issue with winged hussars displacing units into water, but then workboats and units cannot enter/embark into coastal tiles. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Ilteroi is notified. Pictures/saves for him on the beta version would be useful for debugging (post on github, please).

Thanks Gazeebo, I tried reinstalling the latest beta version with default settings and it seems to be working fine now, so the problem was clearly on my end.

3. Is normal – unit stacking capture takes place on move, can't take place afterwards (consequence of NMCTJ mod).

1 and 2. are bugs related to land units blockading adjacent tiles for city use instead of just tile they are on.

Barbs not always going to pillage.
G

The major problem is that even after the barbs are defeated, the city tile remains unworkable.

Anyone else noticed a sky-rocket of early-game crime in this build compared to earlier?

Currently playing a game with the January 6th version and game is running incredibly smoothly. Well done! :clap:

Hi

Made a new game, and i have trouble with building the hanging garden.
I have 3/5 policy in tradition, the icon of the hanging garden in not grey out. But it doesn't appear in the build menu in any of my cities.

edit: it seem the monopoly bonus has changed, before i can have a monopoly with 50% (so me an ai had the same monopoly), now it's not enough?

ps: I receive a gift from an other civ! bug fix confirmed.

Hi

Made a new game, and i have trouble with building the hanging garden.
I have 3/5 policy in tradition, the icon of the hanging garden in not grey out. But it doesn't appear in the build menu in any of my cities.

edit: it seem the monopoly bonus has changed, before i can have a monopoly with 50% (so me an ai had the same monopoly), now it's not enough?

ps: I receive a gift from an other civ! bug fix confirmed.

Did another civ already build the Hanging Gardens?

Did another civ already build the Hanging Gardens?
how can i see that?
i think the icon should be grey out if it's already built.

edit: With morocco, when i upgrade my lancer, it's a cavalry instead of a Berber cavalry. It only does this when i upgraded my lancer in a newly acquired city. Perhaps the game check the founder of the city instead of the current owner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom