1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Better AI and BUG/BULL merge

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Better AI' started by Olleus, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Olleus

Olleus Deity

I thought I saw a thread some time ago about a merger between those two mods, has such a thing been released?

I'm asking this because Im working on a mod at the moment with quite large SDK changes but is still based on 3.17. As it is finally stable and working well I was going to transfer it to 3.19 but wanted to merge it with both of those mods at the same time to make it easier.

Thanks

2. Olleus

Olleus Deity

Please ignore this, just realised that there are 0 file overlap between the two mods.

3. MadmanAtW

MadmanAtW Knight

BetterAI and BUG, yes; BetterAI and BULL, not yet, and to merge them manually would require compiling your own DLL since both have their own, as I understand it.

4. Rainking430

Rainking430 Chieftain

Will this happen eventually? I'm using the BAT mod (includes BULL) and would like to merge BetterAI into it. I have no idea how to do DLL compiling.

5. jdog5000

jdog5000 Revolutionary

There's a (slightly outdated) merge here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bullai/

Unfortunately I couldn't build BULL because of this cximage library it added with my SDK compilation setup (VS 2003). This piece is used for just one side feature as I understand, so it could be dropped, but it must be buildable for some setup.

If anyone else wants to take over this and update the merge and put the merged DLL/mod out there, that would be fantastic!

PM me.

6. Rainking430

Rainking430 Chieftain

Thanks for the tip. I followed that link and there were no files to download. So I guess I will just wait for someone to post an updated dll.

7. Fuyu

Fuyu Emperor

Just to let you know, jdog:
    I'm willing to maintain BULLAI, and already got access from EF. I hope I can put something up there this week .. on the other hand I should probably wait for 0.83 fix.
    btw I could compile it, including cximage :p

8. Axios

Axios Warlord

Thanks for this release. But if I would only BULL - BBAI - BUG without any other modify, how can I do?

Thanks in advance for replies.

9. Fuyu

Fuyu Emperor

I can only offer you this.

10. Yxklyx

Yxklyx King

I'm in merge hell. I had BUG 3.6 working with Better BTS AI 1.00e in Custom Assets (not as a standalone mod). OK, Upgrading to the latest BUG - got that working. Now I need to merge in Better AI. It seems like I have it all in but I can't get the Change Player or AI Auto Play to work. When I press the Ctrl Shift Keys no popup appears. What could be the likely cause? The Python files should all go in Contrib no?

11. Fuyu

Fuyu Emperor

Python files need to be there, and they need to be loaded. Are you sure that is happening?
    Info is in first post of the Merging Better AI with BUG 3.5 thread.