1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

better hatak preview for review

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by bhiita, May 2, 2006.

1. bhiita

bhiita Chieftain

sometime ago I attempted a hatak (I never can remember how to spell these names right) and failed and almost forgot about telling LAdave(sp?) that I'd make a new one since he was using my preview gif of that failed attempt as a unit. Well.... here it is, up for critique. I D/Led someone elses hatak and used it for reference for this one so when it ever gets unitized I'll be giving proper credit for that boost. while both our models (my original and the D/Led one I have are mostly the same, his polygonal structure lended better to lighting and taking his model in to count I made a new one :) still working on it, but here is what I've got so far

2. Flamand

Flamand The Visible Elder!

Is it my Hatak you're talking about? ;) It was just a quick thing that I put together, definitely requiring improvement... Was never really happy with the death of that one...

3. bhiita

bhiita Chieftain

:) eh... I downloaded a 3d model I meant. did you make a hatak?
    I knew you did an alkesh and a couple others didn't see a hatak though. :)

4. Flamand

It's in the SG1 mod by Spacer One. Never released it outside of that mod...

5. MarineCorps

MarineCorps Explosion!

looks good so far :D

6. Roman Legion

Roman Legion Chieftain

Well, can someone Email the unit to me, I have Dialup downloading the Mod would take an eternity, Please, someone Email it to me.

7. Iron Beagle

Iron Beagle Designated Marksman

What's a hatak?

8. bhiita

bhiita Chieftain

hatak is a very large err.. mother ship for the badguys in SG1... well there's newer badguys now, but for the first 7 seasons or so of Stargate SG1 this was a huge ship that carried out orbital bombardment and carried troops and deathgliders to where ever.

and send me that unit too! I'm on free dialup to make it even worse :D I only have ten hours a month and have 24 kps!

9. Flamand

10. Spacer One

Spacer One Avatar subject to change

Hey...you guys stop talking down to the Ha'tak(you spelled it right Bhiita)...I like it, and you'll hurt its feelings...

Bhiita, I am happy to see you active in Civ 3 again, but alas, I must ask...If you are messing with civ3 again, any chance you could finish/restart your Jaffa units?...they looked so good in the previews...I hope you arent abandoning humanoid units...

@RL...if you havemt d/l the scenario yet, you should...its only 63Mb...If you cant, I will send you the improvements...exclusive to the Scenario(never released outside it) are the transport rings(one of my best improvements to date) Sarcophagus, The Ring of Shen-Marak( the power coil that Vallah needs to trade in that dumb episode, season 9), The Hammer Of Thor(for the episode of the same name)...maybe a few more I cant remember right now...The point is, unless you plan on remaking all these, you should at least grab the graphics, for your stargate scenario...lemme know if you want the stuff that you dont have, I can zip it up smaller, so you can d/l on dial-up(in other words, drop the units and upload the graphics)

11. bhiita

bhiita Chieftain

actually I'm very anxious to do humans, I want to make a jaffa and a power armor unit at least. not sure when I'll get around to making them though. :)

12. Spacer One

anxious huh?...well in that case, if/when you do the jaffa, could you make both the standard, and serpent guard versions?...(with and without big snake head)

13. Flamand

14. Roman Legion

Roman Legion Chieftain

Well spacer, thanks, but did you forget about my techs, Im not even done yet, I will make a thread called "Stargate Tech Requests" any tech ideas, just tell me, and if you would please put a picture of it, I need more Ideas, cause im really busy, it takes time to find Ideas worth making.

15. Spacer One

ok RL...if I can find a pic I want of the Tech...I can make it myself, in a few secs...

what I was saying is that there are quite a few SG related improvements in my scenario that you might want...and I was offering to zip em up seperate of the scenario so you could get em...

stargate tech requests?...you will find(unfortunatly) that the audience for stargate is not what you hope it is...