1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Reformation: Jesuit Education? or Sacred Sites

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by El Caballerion, Oct 18, 2013.

?

Which REFORMATION belief is better? Jesuit Ed., or Sacred Sites?

1. Jesuit Education

26 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Sacred Sites

31 vote(s)
    47.7%
  3. One of the other beliefs because these two are terrible

8 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. GAGA Extrem

GAGA Extrem Emperor

I'd also promote "For The Glory of God" as an alternative 3rd option.
    Really great option if you were going wide in the early game. Compensates for the lack of great persons from liberty and tradition.

2. bevelnator

bevelnator Chieftain

Same. I go TTGOG almost every game that I get a reformation.

3. GoStu

GoStu King

Sacred sites in my opinion. For any city where the science buildings would be important, I'm willing and planning to buy them or build them straight off. Sacred Sites opens a new source of Tourism that's available quite early, comparatively speaking.

With the bonuses to trade routes from Culture, it could be helping science all game long if you're getting a few extra beakers/turn off a friend.

4. njmfff

njmfff Prince

It's better, but if you manage to snatch few faith buildings in your religion, SS might be better. With Byzantium, having that one extra belief means you can have 2-3 faith building, or in worst case scenario, two of them. It's 4-6 tourism per city, then go wide.

or you can take no faith buildings, take SS, then stall religion spread. AI will mostly likely convert your cities, hopefully it will have faith buy. Let them convert your cities as many times as you need, but FB from each religion, then finally convert it to yours. Yeah, sometimes I don't want religion, but get it anyway, so I am stuck with terrible leftover beliefs. :rolleyes:

but I would always prefer JE if my city is surrounded by jungle. Hey, it's instant science building, plus extra science per title. :crazyeye:

5. comatosedragon

comatosedragon Emperor

Yeah. I have never been able to get it on emperor. I have never seen the first AI not take it.