Better river colors! Now blends with coast :)

Baleur

Prince
Success! After some trial and error, this is as close as i could get.
I might attempt perfection, but for now, it's 8am and i'm tired and just glad i was able to improve it at all. :goodjob:

edit: Turns out the latest patch changes the way rivers are rendered, hence this is now broken (causes rivers to be nearly black). Use at your own risk or if you want rivers of oil xD

Vanilla river color :rolleyes:
---------------------------------

Modded river color :D

Modded river color, version 2 :D :D

Still looks iffy here and there, depending on the lighting conditions at different camera angles (or rather, where the sun is), and inland the rivers look a bit darker and i suppose a bit "sick".. :yuck:
But it's the only way to avoid the clash of colors at the coastline, since thats the color i went for to ensure color consistency between rivers and coast.

Just extract into your main Civ5 folder, included a backup for your convenience, so it's safe to just overwrite the previous file ;)

Hope someone out there enjoys it! :goodjob:
Ofc free to use in any other mod or combined with mapscripts or scenario modpacks or whatever you'd like. Especially feel free to further improve upon it! :king:

Attachments

• Baleur_Rivercolors.rar
    4.3 MB · Views: 427
  • Baleur_Rivercolors_v2.rar
    4.3 MB · Views: 474
Indeed, its like the guy signing off on completed work was color blind. Nice job :)

actually could make them even darker. never payed that close of attention but the vanilla is so jarring because the river is lighter than the ocean. most rivers have a higher particulate count (silt) that tends to shift the color to include more brown, going from sandy to brown to almost black.

Very nice job and congratulations on the very first Civ5 misc feature improvement mod. I would say terrain mod, but someone already modded the grass red before this.:goodjob:

I've very rarely seen an ocean bluish/teal color river. They are almost all brownish in color. If you were to do a reality terrain mod I would go in that direction, but this is more aesthetically appealing.

Good job.

excellent! DLd and installed, makes a big difference (aesthetically) for something so seemingly minor
+1 :thumbsup:

If anyone figures out how to make a modpack which properly alters vanilla texture files such as this file, pm me and i'll give ya special thanks :)

Well done Baleur for fixing botched-up job of devs. Now you should charge £4.99 for that DLC. Oh wait, you can't do that... Know anyone that can? :mischief:

Well done Baleur for fixing botched-up job of devs. Now you should charge £4.99 for that DLC. Oh wait, you can't do that... Know anyone that can? :mischief:

:)............................:eek: :eek:

*runs off, writes a .xml for a Horse Armor retexture for the Horseman unit, packages it on steam for $4.99 and €4.99, the universal conversion rate, calculated by the greatest math geniouses of our century.*

I'm RICH!!!! :goodjob:
(btw it will only be sold in the EU, players in NA or Asia with low-exchange rate currencies will have to buy it online with the €4.99 pricepoint.)

Top Bottom