Beyond Earth As It Was Meant To Be Played By The Developers

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by CountAccountant, Jan 15, 2015.

1. CountAccountant

CountAccountant Warlord

Beyond Earth As It Was Meant To Be Played By The Developers

I’ve noticed many people complaining that the Beyond Earth faction leaders are boring, two dimensional, and lack anything even remotely resembling a personality. Have you considered that maybe you’re just not seeing the whole picture? Also, why hasn’t a SINGLE EARTH GOVERNMENT officially denied that the BE leaders are robots, perhaps robot assassins sent back in time to eliminate the leader of the future leader of the human resistance?

I may lack, in the strictest legal sense of the word, “actual proof,” but can we humans really afford to not to devote our lives to destroying what might or might not be the greatest threat to our very survival? Think of the children. Just because I’ve spent time in a mental institution for conspiracy theorists doesn’t mean I’m wrong. Join me, and together we shall defeat this enemy at all costs, especially if they have constructed our affinity’s Planetary Wonder and are on the verge of completing our own goals for us.

As we journey to the stars to stop them, remember: Robot assassins are relentlessly rational beings. They will be expecting us to bring people who are remotely qualified for interstellar colonization missions. That means we can take them by surprise by only bringing artists and other people with no practical colonization skills whatsoever!

Then, once we establish a colony, the people will insist that we exhibit an Old Earth Artifact: Something so strongly identified with their lives on Earth, something so indisputably associated with their former culture, that every man, woman, and child can view it and be reminded of what life was like on Earth. The game developers don’t explicitly come out and say that the Old Earth Artifact is six petabytes of funny cat videos, but I think it’s pretty heavily implied.

----------

So what have I missed? How else was Beyond Earth clearly meant to be interpreted by the developers?

2. GAGA Extrem

GAGA Extrem Emperor

He has seen through our charade.
    Drone Sphere: Kill.
    ;)

Also the thread title is sorta misleading. :x

3. LORD ORION

LORD ORION Warlord

*transform* Cynosure and Crawler join together

Robot voice "Pay no attention to the AI behind the curtain. That all the leaders have the same dialog is simply a big coincidence."

4. Adjuvant

Adjuvant Emperor

That's because the Beyond Earth faction leaders are boring, two dimensional, and lack anything even remotely resembling a personality.

5. s0nny80y

s0nny80y Emperor

Coup a , er , Cuba decimals , er , translates to 'power' in Arabic .
    'Crush nuke a' translates to Rebella , er measles in Russian .
    ...send Gitmo detainees to Messiah , er , Mexico !
    'Dola' translates to state (singular) in ArBic .
    'We' translates to 'Women' in Chinese .
    Sway...translates to water , and Sway! translates to taxes in Chinese .
    We is biz in Turkish.
    I is moon in Turkish.
    Googirl Translate for the new world order...
    Barbara is Arabic for babble.
    And China is the only major power with their own translation for 'laser'.
    Seriously.