1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Beyond Earth + Explanets + Rising Tide for $15

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by LORD ORION, Jan 20, 2016.

1. LORD ORION

LORD ORION Chieftain

Firaxis Humble Bundle

You also get lots of other games too, like Star Ships (to unlock content in BE)

2. LordHater

LordHater Chieftain

I wouldn't recommend it for even 1$ as the game is left in an unfinished state (only basic AI behaviors work and many bugs aren't fixed).

3. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

Which game? There are a lot of games there, sir.

4. LordHater

LordHater Chieftain

I meant the game that is referred in the topic title and is a subject of this forum section.
    Yes i'm still salty, I had high hopes for civbe.

5. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

Good thing you get a bunch of other games in the Bundle, if you want any of them. If you're not planning on buying any of it all you're doing is casting Explosion on the thread :p

This will mostly be sensible marketing for XCOM 2 anyhow.

6. Gort

Gort Chieftain

Yeah, 33% off wasn't enough for me to want to buy Rising Tide. Maybe when it's £5 - I did appreciate that they fixed the AI not talking in multiplayer.

Pirates and Xcom are well worth a dollar if you haven't played them, though.

7. Ribannah

Ribannah Fighter Druid

XCOM: Enemy Unknown is a good game. ;)

Btw we seem to be stuck in Christmas mode, emoticonwise. :p

8. Evgenij

Evgenij Chieftain

I was very disappointed that they did not add ability to destroy ANY environment and ability to free aim. This was basically the reason why I played original X-COM. Seriously, if guys from 1992 could do it with their 1992 developers tools, then I can't understand how could firaxis fail to implement this.

9. rastak

rastak Chieftain

They created a tighter game. That should be clear from playing it.

I absolutely loved the first xcom.....being able to blowup anything at any time was never real high on my list of wants....

Back to the subject of this thread, sounds like a pretty good deal. I really liked rising tide.....not to Civ level but had alot of fun with it.

10. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Just clear your cache, and Christmas will be but a memory.

11. Barathor

Barathor Chieftain

Speaking of XCOM, I'd really like to have a forum dedicated to XCOM 2 here. Anybody else? It's at least worthy of its own spot in the "Other Games" section. A modding subforum within it would also be nice, since creating/using mods for it is now going to be a lot easier with the Steam Workshop (I'm pretty excited by that alone). :D

12. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

Game engines in 1992 were an order of magnitude less complex. Sure, hardware was equally-reliant on an inverse of Moore's Law (if you think that applies), but "because they did it in 1992" is not a reason to assume something is easy to implement in 2015 / 2016.

13. Gort

Gort Chieftain

Grenades and rockets are good for destroying terrain.