[NFP] Beyond Earth Quests, but in Civilization 6.

Duke William of Normandy

King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee
Does anyone else remember Beyond Earth? If so, you'll remember that they had these things called, "quests." These quests would occur after you built a Building. For example, if you built a Vivarium, you could receive +1 Food or +1 Science from every Vivarium you built. Civ 6 needs this, except adding it to Climate Events, Battles, Districts, Improvements, and Buildings. Here is an example:

"As the last stone is placed on our new monument, our people have started debating on what to dedicate it to. Our tribal elders and our priests say we should dedicate it to our gods for sustained prosperity, while our chiefs and soldiers insist that it should be dedicated to our numerous victories. As our leader, you decide what to dedicate our monument to."

We shall dedicate it to our gods: Monuments provide an extra +1 Faith and Culture. (Requires that you have founded a Pantheon.)

We shall dedicate it to our military victories: +5% Production towards Military Units in Cities with a Monument. (Requires that you have killed an Enemy Unit.)

Submit your ideas on how this could work in this thread. :)

Last edited:
Here's another example:

"The recent flood along the Euphrates River has damaged much of our infrastructure. However, it has also given us new opportunities to exploit. We could use the annual floods of the Euphrates to bring harvest more food to secure rations for the winter. We could also reinforce our city with stone and mortar so as to keep its infrastructure from being damaged again. Wise leader, it is up to you to decide our course of action."

We will exploit the river to bring more harvests: +1 Food to Floodplains adjacent to the Euphrates Rivers, scaling whenever it floods.

We shall reinforce our buildings and districts: Districts and City Centers built on Floodplains adjacent to the Euphrates River will not be pillaged whenever it floods.

Last edited:
I love these ideas. They seem similar to those in games like Humankind and Ck3. (I only own one of those). I think they'd go well with civ 6.

Top Bottom