Beyond Earth Rising Tide -E3 Coverage

Karl0413

Prince
Creating this thread so we can discuss BERT E3 coverage as it comes out. Firaxis Livestream Thursday is going to give us a heads-up as to what we can expect at E3:

Thanks. I will definitely watch the Thursday livestream. I am looking forward to getting more info on Rising Tide.

Curious about what they will bring to the table. Depending on how much the expansion might salvage Beyond Earth, I will decided whetever to get my money back from the Steam purchase or not.

Curious about what they will bring to the table. Depending on how much the expansion might salvage Beyond Earth, I will decided whetever to get my money back from the Steam purchase or not.
on steam refunds:
1. refund must be filed within 14 days of purchase.
2. no more than two hours must be spent in-game.

my suggestion:
file a refund now. civ:be will almost surely appear on the steam summer sale (starting 11 june) anyway.

wati until the RT expansion comes out. buy it. play it (no more than two hours!). do not like it? you know what to do. :D

on E3 and Firaxis:
I highly doubt we will see a playable version of RT. probably more talk. maybe a Q&A with David and Will if they will be audacious enough. :D
imho, Firaxis will focus on XCOM2.

on E3 and Firaxis:
I highly doubt we will see a playable version of RT. probably more talk. maybe a Q&A with David and Will if they will be audacious enough. :D
imho, Firaxis will focus on XCOM2.

We will find out soon enough:

It's live now.

Well, they just confirmed the water generators and farms we saw in the screenshot are just placeholders.

confirmed:
- new alien is amphibious so it will be able to chase your units on land and sea.
- sea tile improvements will have unique art. The art in that one screenshot was of course place holder.

Playable demo of BERT at E3 and free 3-day pass give away.

And they said they would show us the E3 demo after E3. I don't know if that means they will play it on the livestream or if they will put out a video.

And they said they would show us the E3 demo after E3. I don't know if that means they will play it on the livestream or if they will put out a video.

In the past, Firaxis has taken some time to process the video from conventions in order to post it on youtube so I am not surprised if we have to wait a bit before getting the full video of the E3 demo. Although, I am hoping a gaming website like IGN might livestream the demo so that we can see it right away.

Missed the stream, darnit - hope someone posts when recording is on youtube.

Missed the stream, darnit - hope someone posts when recording is on youtube.

You really did not miss much. I think they spend maybe 5 minutes on BERT. The only gameplay info from the live stream was that biomes will affect games more (hinted that biomes will change some quests, aliens), sea tile improvements will have unique art, and there will be a new alien unit that is amphibious. Then they mentioned that there will be a demo at E3. That's it in terms of BERT info.

Pete seems to get more relaxed with every new BE-Stream he does.
That's a bold statement at 0:48 though. Can't wait to see if the actual product holds up. :)

People should be aware they'll show only the new features. If CivBE was a disapointment because of core mechanics and balance I doubt you'll see much of what has changed (or didn't) there in an E3 demo. A bit like CivBE at its beginning.

People should be aware they'll show only the new features. If CivBE was a disapointment because of core mechanics and balance I doubt you'll see much of what has changed (or didn't) there in an E3 demo. A bit like CivBE at its beginning.

Well, it only stands to reason that the demo will showcase the new features of BERT. That's the whole point of a demo for an expansion, to show players what the expansion adds to the game. Players already know well what BE vanilla is. My prediction is that the demo will focus almost exclusively on water cities and water gameplay since that is the "Big Thing" that the expansion adds to the game and it is also what the expansion is best known for. Of course, I am hoping we also see the new tech web or the new diplo screen, enough that civfanatics can freeze frame, analyse and speculate endlessly. :D

Top Bottom