Beyond the Sword Articles on Eurogamer

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
How do you figure that? I get seven, leaving three.
Portugal
Netherlands
Byzantium
Native Americans
Maya
Babylon
Sumeria

And we still also have three mystery leader additions with three revealed.
Lincoln
Boudicea
Suleyman

I'm still crossing my fingers for a new suit or modern military guy (ideal for retexturing so that every modded modern leader stops looking like FDR or Napoloen).

EDIT
OK, so you noticed as well.

I'm personally going to bet that the following are added:
Khumer (with the elephants)
Polynesia (wishful thinking on my part)
Abyssinia (again wishful thinking and because they need another African civ)

I'm also going to theorize that there is a new Legal trait based upon the choices of Suleyman, Justinian, and Hammarabi, all highly regarded for their legal codes.

Yay!!:mwaha: Byzantines and Sumerians!!:love:

And I also think that Khmer should be included... We seriously need representation for South Eastern Asia (and Oceania btw)...

Those are all good choices. I would bet they do a generic Polynesian-Khymer-Thai, and add in Austria.

Legal sounds like a neat idea. I wonder then if Solon of Athens (Greece) might be a fit.

I'm personally going to bet that the following are added:
Khumer (with the elephants)
Polynesia (wishful thinking on my part)
Abyssinia (again wishful thinking and because they need another African civ)

I'm also going to theorize that there is a new Legal trait based upon the choices of Suleyman, Justinian, and Hammarabi, all highly regarded for their legal codes.

My bets for the remaining civs are:

Austria
Khmer
Brazil or Hatti

New leaders:
Pericles
Barbarossa
And a Chinese

25 new units and 18 new buildings too.

They are probably counting the 10 UUs for the new civs as new units though I expect, and their new UBs as well probably. Dunno if they count wonders as new buildings either, that might only leave the Apostolic Palace and a corporation HQ left!

Eurogamer said:
There are 10 new scenarios including Babylon, Portugal and The Netherlands and 16 new leaders - Sitting Bull, Tokugawa, Gilgamesh and Justinian for starters. The key difference to the way you rule is through corporations that can be spread, grown and used to dominate the world. We're talking McDonalds and Microsoft scale here, not making pasties in a medieval kitchen.
Am I the only one who saw a few errors in that parragraph? Or am I missing something?

Hmm. I guess Tokugawa and the 10 "scenarios" are the only mistakes... Otherwise I would have questioned the article's authenticity and thus questioned whether those are the real new leaders.

The article got some little things like that wrong, but the article was the interviewers interpretation of the interview itself, which was also available. I consider anything the Dev said authoritative.

Yeah, the preview article is a little sloppy at a few places. He called the Final Frontier a game mode, instead of scenario. And used "10 new scenarios" instead of "10 new civilizations".

Good thing they also posted the interview.

Yay!!:mwaha: Byzantines and Sumerians!!:love:

And I also think that Khmer should be included... We seriously need representation for South Eastern Asia (and Oceania btw)...

I'd prefer the Hittites instead of the Sumerians. I completely agree about the Polynesians and the Khmer.

I also hope the medieval music from vanilla Civ IV will be back; why on earth did they remove it? I loved that Gregorian antiphony. I'd also like to see a return of some of the music from Civ II, especially that wonderful tune from the scenario "The World of Jules Verne".

And, of course, the High Council and the throne room from Civ II - optional, so as not to annoy purist players who dislike diversions.

And I *still* want minor civs.

Hmm. So Sitting Bull must be Protective/Creative.

That AP wonder actually gives global elections! I thought the elections were only for those of your religion - making decisions on a religous level as to what to do/who to attack/etc - rather than on a global level where it's influenced by your religions spread percentage.

Öjevind Lång;5481645 said:
And, of course, the High Council and the throne room from Civ II - optional, so as not to annoy purist players who dislike diversions.

And I *still* want minor civs.

Throne Room from CivII would be one of the best inclusions ever. And if I'm allowed to dream, then Minor Civs could be added in Custom Game, side by side with barbs, enabling players to make a kind of a 'Prussian Conquest'. Was always my dream. :)

Top Bottom