[Beyond the Sword] History In The Making

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Grave, Jun 10, 2007.

1. chaodck

chaodck Chieftain

Hey man, what a great mod this is. I'm starting to play once again Civ when you finish your BtS port.

I was wondering if you could add more random events to the game, I know there's a mod running around called Solvers Events which adds more to the course of the game. This would add some randomness and beauty to your mod.

Hope you take it into account!!
    Thanks for the hard work!!
    APB.

2. PLTORR

PLTORR Chieftain

Just wondering, does History in the Making come with a world map? If not, will the BtS version have one?

3. Grave

Grave 1 Goat = 400 Horses

:lol:

I know what you mean. :) I think the nif does a mirror for both sides of the arm, it's been a while since I skinned the Hitler in my game. I'll take a look at it, and if it's possible, I'll get rid of the (left?) arm band.

Well, thanks for the compliments! :goodjob:

I want to add some new events... Solver's is one of the options I'm looking in to. I'd like to also script some of my own events, but as of now I haven't really looked into learning about events.

So yes... I plan on adding at least Solver's events, and once I sit down and learn how to script my own... I'll add them in at a later date.

The Warlords version doesn't. However, I do want to include some form of Earth map, since those are the ones I enjoy playing on myself. So count on an Earth map for the BtS release. :)

4. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    This Mod keeps crashing everytime I try to load the mod in BTS.

5. Grave

:wallbash:

6. GenMarshall

Well I placed the thing that says "Put this in Vanilla" into it's Civ4/Mod folder and the History in the making into Civ4/BTS/Mod folder.

7. LeperColony

LeperColony Chieftain

Although I was able to play it fine for a few days, starting last night the mod crashes every time it loads. I've cleared my cache and even tried a whole new install. No luck.

8. Grave

and

READ THIS, SPECIFICALLY QUESTION #5!

:suicide: :wallbash:

9. Brandonazz

Brandonazz Empire Builder

When I tried downloading this it stopped around 80% and when I tried to download again, the download box came up but it wouldn't start.

EDIT: Nevermind it did start, but please explain this:

I do believe some people code games faster than that.

10. GenMarshall

Shesh, no need to jump down my thought :rolleyes:.

No wonder I rarely pop into C&C to offer feedback these days. It's like people here have a short fuse and will blow up at any new commer :sad:.

11. WGW

WGW Warlord

you call that a new commer?

12. Grave

That's FileFront for ya. :rolleyes:

I learned my lesson with FileFront. When I release the BtS version, I'll find some other place to host my mod.

What's that supposed to mean?

Dude, seriously... you've got to be kidding me.

You mean to tell me you download my mod without reading ANYTHING about it in the first 4-5 posts I made in this thread? This is why I posted the download link at the END of the first thread... so you can read about the mode BEFORE downloading! :rolleyes:

The first post clearly states this is for Warlords v2.08 only.

Plus I can tell that you didn't even bother to read the second post or download the patch (from page #2), as that patch fixes the bug where you have to put the Revolution.ini file in the Vanilla Civ4 "Mods" directory. So right off the bat you're playing an obsolete version of HiTM.

And... unless you're going uninstall Warlords patch v2.13 and re-install v2.08, this mod WILL NOT WORK correctly!!!

Like I said in the first post... the Warlords version was sort of a "beta" version for BtS. This is why I'm not updating it for v2.13.

Perhaps if you read up on the mod before blindly downloading it and trying to play it on an obsolete version of Warlords you wouldn't have the problems you ran into. :hammer:

13. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Deity

Don't get flustered over it, guys. I've had people ask me, "Is this mod for Warlords or Vanilla?" when it is clearly printed in big, black letters at the top of the page, "Warlords"!

At any rate those of us who have been following this mod for some time now are eagerly awaiting your BtS release. :D

14. Grave

Naw man, it's cool. :cool:

It just blows my mind sometimes how somebody can not even read about what they're downloading, then ask painfully obvious questions that are clearly stated in the first few posts of the thread. :crazyeye:

I'm still plodding along on the XML of this mod. Things are going well, I feel. No definitive timetable yet, though. Unlike the Warlords version, I want this BtS version to be as close to "perfect" (in my eyes, anyway) as possible before I share it.

Once I port over everything I want to use from the Warlords version, the next fun part will be adding new BtS content. :D

15. Brandonazz

Brandonazz Empire Builder

Aww, can't you just strap together a version with duct tape and staples and release it early? :mischief:

16. Grave

Hehe... I appreciate the enthuiasm, really I do. :)

But I want the BtS version to be a "Quality over Quanity" mod. The Warlords version was kinda hastily slapped together in order to get general feedback so I can make adjustments, and was kinda under the "Bigger is Better" philosophy. After releasing it, and getting tons of feedback, both on here and in PM's I realized I could cut alot of the BS out of the BtS version and still have a great game (that functions better with less bugs, too!)

Trust me... I feel the wait will be worth it. :goodjob:

17. GenMarshall

Sorry, I did not read any of the posts Grave, I just blindly downloaded the mod along with the patch w/o reading it further. I am sorry that I have given you such grief and frustration.

A new commer To the Civ4 C&C. I mostly float around OT.

18. Grave

:coffee:

Float? I'd say you have a permanent anchor in the OT section! :lol:

19. GenMarshall

I hope we are cool with this...

...I'll take my leave and wont bother you anymore.

20. Waffles

Waffles Chieftain

Hey, I'm liking this mod, but for the BTS version, can you make a version that doesn't include Hitler, Hirohito and Saddam (Hitler at the bare minimum.) I'm sure you understand why.
    Also, is there an ethnic unit mod planned/already in this mod?