1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Beyond the Sword

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by IaRo, Feb 23, 2011.

1. IaRo

IaRo Chieftain

Does Beyond the Sword include Warlords or do I need to buy Warlords as well? I like option of being able to play all 3.
    Thanx

2. Gregski

Gregski Mostly Harmless

BtS includes Warlords.

3. Ataxerxes

Ataxerxes Deity

BTS includes the new features of Warlords but not the Scenarios. Some like the Warlords scenarios, I'm kind of "meh" about them. If you get Complete, you get Warlords and BTS.

4. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

BTS is the most complete version of the game. However, you will need the Warlords expansions to play the Warlords scenarios, which I actually quite liked. Obviously, if you by the Complete version - and there really is no reason not to - you will have everything. For the basic random gameplay, you should use BTS.

Make sure you check out some of the great mods like BUG and peruse the S&T for help on how to improve your game and enjoy it.

5. Bloodstone

Bloodstone Warlord

Just out of curiosity does anyone know if the BUG mod works with Warlords expansion? Just curious, I've still got Warlords laying around and was thinking of loading up a scenario to play around with, but didn't know if it would run with BUG or not.

6. Trystero

Trystero Deity

BUG (BTS Unaltered Gameplay) is only compatible with BTS. I am not sure if there are BUG-like mods for Warlords/Vanilla.