1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bezeri Awakening

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Swinkscalibur

Swinkscalibur Prince

Wow, that's actually quite powerful. I often have the annoyance of too much food to use, my city either grows faster than I can provide health and happiness, or I purposely avoid high food tiles and settle for using low yeild but higher production tiles.

With this method simply move the slider until your growth is stagnant and you're not wasting anything.

ps. will the A.I. understand this? And will this be constant micromanagement or will there be some intelligence to the slider as there is with the gold slider?

2. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

I'm hoping to use essentially the same code as the current slider, just moved from Player to City. So the AI may understand it, and I'll try to get it to drop the food slider when the city is starving. ;)

And yes it's rather powerful, but it's thematic (No normal industry under water) and limiting at the same time as being powerful... Do you want your new city to crank out defenders, or grow?

3. blade117

blade117 The Unburnt

Interesting system, Valk.

4. Valkrionn

I prefer interesting ways to limit expansion to uninteresting ones... A different project highlights that. ;)

5. Valkrionn

Leader art has been added to the first post. Thank you Psychic_Llamas for the Cimesiat art edit!

I'll be moving this from 'Design' to 'Implementation' soon as I beat Dragon Age and wrap up the code for a different project. ;)

6. Cyrusfan

Cyrusfan King

Excellent job, Psychic_Llamas!

7. Valkrionn

And a new background for Targassat, also done by Psychic_Llamas. ;)

8. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

hehe thanks guys :p

9. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

Change anti-defender to something more appropriate :). Wall-climbers, or something like that... Or simply City Raider :D.

10. Valkrionn

The name won't be Anti-Defender, of course. Just used that because I don't have a name, and it tells you pretty much what it is. ;)

11. Psychic_Llamas

Besieger is what we use in the Warhammer mod. it gives melee units a promotion that adds 0.2 unhappy to nearby enemy cities, as well as extra city attack.

12. Valkrionn

Ooh, that's a good one. Might steal it from you.... :lol:

There is a new project, which has the potential to radically change how we design the game (those of you who know, not a word ;)), so I'm likely going to be starting work on this civ AFTER I finish said project. Which means, either a very long time till next patch (Month, at the least, likely longer), or this civ won't be included in the patch.... Not sure at the moment which method I prefer.

Regardless, next patch is going to be a while. I may push out a quick version with new alignments/White Hand, if I do however the Lawful/Chaotic axis won't be fully integrated; Haven't had time to add it to buildings and so on. To be honest, right now all leaders (Aside from a few test leaders) are Lawful. :lol:

13. Psychic_Llamas

yes'sum :p

aww :(

14. xeno_cws

xeno_cws Chieftain

Is this civ still being worked on? It looks pretty sweet

15. Valkrionn

It will be, yes. Scheduled for a later patch.

16. Kinjiru

Kinjiru Chieftain

Possible World Spells:
    The Great Storm - All units without Water Walking have their movement reduced by 1 for [variable number based on map size] turns.

Power of the Deep - 50% chance to grant the next level of Water Magic to each Berzei arcane unit

17. Valkrionn

That's not really what I had in mind, to be honest.

Aiming for an economic spell for them, not war-oriented. Something that emphasizes their religion, maybe.

They will be completely blocked from adopting OO, other religions will be open to them.

18. BiffQJ

BiffQJ Warlord

Possible world spell (economic style):

The Great Current -- +2 trade routes in each city, AND 1 "merchant unit" (trade ship for Bezeri) for every city in the world with their state religion. Accessible at Trade (or Currency, or if that is OP, then even Taxation or something like that)

19. Valkrionn

Something like that would definitely work, but it's still a bit early for me to think about specifics. ;)

There will probably be a few new civs before the Bezeri or the Isenj; Aquatic civs will require a LOT of work, but are definitely something I'd like to do. Just have other things scheduled first, base features and upgrades to existing civs.

20. Xoatl_169

Xoatl_169 Warlord

Really cool, its a shame that these guys will be opposed to Octopus Overlords, Im looking for a civ that fits in with that religion. Either way I wish you the best of luck on the art and models for this race. Don't forget to make slave versions of these guys, I hate making frostlings or Lizardman slaves only to have them turn into human models of slaves. Also how are you gonna make the priests for these guys?