1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Balance Economy Mod

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by CraigM, Oct 4, 2010.

1. CraigM

CraigM Chieftain

Collection of different mods with several alterations. Most of Thalassicus's balance mods and his gradual research mod have been included with a few modifications. Tech research is significantly slower than vanilla civ

Szpilman's honour policy update from his savage lands mod which changes the initial bonus of the honour policy to 15% military unit production is also included and has been adjusted to 20%.

There is also a couple of components lifted Valkrionn's economy mod with differing unit and building costs.

Hopefully on standard speeds this mod should result in a more chronologically accurate game. This has only been play tested on standard speed but from limited testing the result is techs being researched in a more historically accurate manner.
    This is a work in progress and i am not sure if everything is working perfectly (although i think it is) any feedback would be appreciated

CraigM

The mod shold be available on mod browser very soon

Edit: This was originally made because i play at 1024x768 and for some strange reason after having around 14 mods installed (don't know the exact number) the mods towards the end of the alphabet dissappear (they still apply ingame if activated but because they no longer appear in mod browser the cant be turned off so theh balance mods killed the possibility of me having multiple mods active at the same time

Additionally if you know what you are doing this mod is fully compatible with any updates released by the original mod creators. As much as i remember i didn't change any file names, but if i did they will be similar to the originals and to get updates working just change the file names of the updated files to be the same as the files in the Big Balance Economy Mod folder and you should be fine. Be aware that I have changed several values in many of the XML files in this mod and any updates by the original authors may change the game significantly

2. CraigM

CraigM Chieftain

People having problems with mod browser can download here

Attached Files:

3. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I've been giving this one a try.

1) I don't know if its the bonuses I'm getting or something wrong with the mod, but tech rates are not slower. I'm frequently getting techs in 2-3 turns in the BC eras.

2) I think the honor bonus is too strong. The honor tree is probably one of the best trees in the game..the initial barb bonus is just fine to me. 20% faster military production is an amazing bonus overall....something for the end of the tree not the beginning.

3) Cattle seems to get a much better bonus than other resources. I'm getting +2 F +2 P when wheat only gets +1 F.

Other than these complaints I like a lot of what you have done. Game is definately quicker and feels smoother.

4. jollyroger3

jollyroger3 Chieftain

Yep - new techs are developed far too fast...

5. CraigM

CraigM Chieftain

yeah probably right with the tech i think i flubbed a couple of numbers, easily fixed.
    the honour bonus is probably too strong i may give it a try at 10% and see how that goes
    the cattle thing i'm not sure about but is easily checked.

Thanks for the constructive criticisim it is appreciated

6. CraigM

CraigM Chieftain

Cattle now receives same bonus as other food tiles, I think that late game food tiles may over produce but i'm not sure if it is enough of an issue to change and i dont want to affect the early game

early techs should take slighly longer than vanilla civ now (had a wrong value entered made early techs faster)

honour bonus reduced to 10%, i like the honour change because its useful for longer, the barbarian bonus is only useful for a limited time

any way update is here, will be on mod browser shortly

7. Zogar

Zogar Warlord

Err, there's a big problem with the renaissance tech tree. It has the same cost as the industrial ... But the game feels better than vanilla :)
    So many policies remain useless though ...

8. Nitro2985

Nitro2985 Chieftain

Yeah, hitting the renaissance age felt like hitting a brick wall. Research times went from 7-10 turns to 40 turns.

9. Zogar

Zogar Warlord

Exactly. I even took a screenshot :lol:. Will upload it when I have time.

10. CraigM

CraigM Chieftain

yeah got that myself messed about with the numbers to try and fix it and i somehow managed to end up with the renaissance techs taking 80-100 turns to complete, i changed how the tech cost increase has been implimented seems to work better now.
    mod browser and 2nd post updated to latest version