BIG WHINE - "No Capital" isn`t possible anymore!!!!!!

Should "No Capital" be possible again in 1.18????

• Yes, please!

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • No it was a bug. Exterminate all bugs NOW!!!!!

Votes: 66 90.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can`t believe it! The f***-ing patch did sooo many nice things, like the reduced landgrabbing and stacking and so on, but....

it removed my favorite strategy!!!!!

Now, when I capture my first city and disband my capital before, the captured city has a palace.......

Since I hardly ever trade - I`m a compulsive warmonger :D - it was soooo nice to have no corruption and no waste and not be bothered with trade offers all the time. And never be tempted to form an alliance - which usually means intentionally shooting yourself in the foot.

:cry: :cry: and now it`S gone :cry: :cry:

Why oh why did you Firaxians have to do that to me?????????

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Please, give it back in 1.18f (down on my knees, kissing your toes, wringing my hands, making puppy eyes at you with tears streaming down my face.....

Originally posted by Killer

Why oh why did you Firaxians have to do that to me?????????

Because it was a bug. Exterminate all bugs NOW!!! :)

Before the last patch, getting rid of your capital created an entirely corruption-free empire. Of course you could not trade with other civs, or sign diplomatic agreements that you need embassies for, but Killer prefered no corruption.

Killer, now you can finally play the game the way it's supposted to be. :cool:

But if you really want to play without corruption - isn't that doable with some kind of mod?

it removed my favorite strategy!!!!!

[/B]

Adapt, overcome, survive or fall by the way side.

Awww :lol:

Killer you don´t have to go through all this no capital stuff, instead set the optimal number of cities to 999,no corruption :)

I didn´t like it,so I lowered it again,but it works...

Yes,you will prolly have to sign treaties and trade deals...

One can´t have everything :D

Well by exploiting the game I can win with a score of 30000 every time...no one on the HOF boards could beat that!

Quite simply the no capital was an exploit of the game and was rightly destroyed...

I liked your strategy too Killer. It was a lot of fun. Sometimes I think removal of fun is the intention of these patches.

CIV 3 is a serious game. You're not supposed to be enjoying yourself. :D

Folks, get it: I want to play with an unaltered Civ3mod.bic.

And: it`s not an "exploit", since it has at least as many disadvantages as advantages. It`s just fun to play, and I`d still like to be able to do it. btw: It wasn`t good for high scores, so, kitten, don`t worry..... And as opposed to your 300000 win strategy, it works on any map, even GOTM....

So this thread wasn`t really seriously meant, after all I even titled it a "whine"; actually it was supposed rather to be something to make you all chuckle..... but, what the hell, as seghillian stated, we`re not supposed to enjoy ourselves, so I`ll respectfully withdraw my whine....

It made me chuckle. I thought that was pretty obvious in my post. :)

Originally posted by gonzo_for_civ:
Insolent fools!!!:mad: :mad:

Why in hell's name did they eliminate despot pop rushing!!!!! That kills my early game strategy. Pieces of $#!^!!!!!! This is the only time I've ever been mad at Firaxis. I'm not downloading it just for that one F***ing feature. Damn it Firaxis!!!!!!!!

P.S. I don't wan't to hear anything about my flaming here, I won't be revisiting this thread so it won't matter. If you can't tell, I am extremely pissed off right now. I would say it's a great patch except for that. Looks like I may have to drop out of SG's. :( There's no way I am downloading that crap! :mad::cry: :( :mad:

P.S.S. This is the first, and hopefully only time, I will ever have to flame Firaxis. Sorry Dan, it's not your fault.
As you can see: you never know. ;)

Originally posted by Matrix

As you can see: you never know. ;)
:lol:

Mr Spice: :goodjob: I was actually waiting for a more explicit comment on my nick (which, btw, stems from Falcon 4.0 times, a different world :p)

Ah, that completely escaped me. I have never seen that movie, unfortunately. :crazyeyes

Originally posted by Mr Spice
Ah, that completely escaped me. I have never seen that movie, unfortunately. :crazyeyes

Ah, it was a game, not a movie... Supposed to be the best F-16 simulator ever, or rather the best fighter airplane simulator ever. Sadly, they never managed to iron out the bugs (like I always crashed on landing) and it ended up an interesting diversion, but never a simulation.... Now why does this remind me of CivIII and some people's whine about how unrealistic it is :D

:lol: :lol:

And your point escapes me again! I was kind of surprised to hear of a supposedly well-known movie that I had not seen, but now I know the reason why.

Flight simulator, you said? This explains a lot. I don´t play flight simulators. :cool:

:lol: :lol:

And your point escapes me again! I was kind of surprised to hear of a supposedly well-known movie that I had not seen, but now I know the reason why.

Flight simulator, you said? This explains a lot. I don´t play flight simulators. :cool:

come on, why don`t you? After all you just proved you`re mentally qualified, you found that smiley with the way-cool sunglasses :lol: :lol:

good to see that you all hate bugs that much!

or, wait a minute!

Who the F**** voted to get that thing back??? WHO????? :slay:

Oh, OK it was me, to provoke all those fun-free civfanatics out there..... :satan:

come on, why don`t you? After all you just proved you`re mentally qualified, you found that smiley with the way-cool sunglasses :lol: :lol:

Thanks. I guess. I don´t play flight simulators because I don´t think it is any fun. I stick to strategy and RPG. :cool:

Who the F**** voted to get that thing back??? WHO?????

Oh, OK it was me, to provoke all those fun-free civfanatics out there.....

Hmm. I can see two votes, not one. Are you smurfing? :confused:

Hmm. I can see two votes, not one. Are you smurfing? :confused:

two? Two? TWO????????????

Oh my God, what`s happeneing here???? We`re being infiltrated by cheatloving monsters!! HELP!!!!! :aargh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom