Biggests Blunders!

What are some of the biggest mistakes you have made in a game of Civ. Probably something at lower levels before you understood what you where doing, unless you have a more recent example.

I have a good one, which I have done multiple times. It happens when I am super excited to buy republic, or communism, or demo from the AI that gets it. I go to trade, and he askes for all my gold, and all my gold per turn. I gladly take the deal and go to anarchy right away. Next turn I am at 0 gold with -180 :mischief: oops.

mine would have to be playing as communist russia, and landing two armies within German territory, The Lenin Division and The Stalin divison, however the Germans were pretty well prepared and redlined both of my armies, so i tried to retreat, since india was right across the ocean from germany i had one of my ships drop both of them off in the Indian territory

however sadly, i didnt have a ROP with them and the nearest neutral territory was on the German coast so India decided that would be a great time to try the "get out or declare",

i think the germans had fun defeating my only armies

In the middle of a battle I'm pressing "G" and mouse pointer to attack, "B" and pointer to bombard. I just produced a new settler to fill in my conquered territories...and I press "B". :eek: Where did my settler disappear to???

I still do this more often than I like to admit. Poor hand/eye coordination. :blush:

Would have to say switching governments when I am building a wonder.

Like the GL will have 10 turns left to complete, but I switch governments and have 4 turns of anarcy. Then another civ will beat me to the wonder with 2 turns left to complete it.

me: Palace! it's expensive so it must be a cool wonder! must build...
Advisor: we have completed the palace.
me: (in another core city) Another palace! I thought wonders can only be built once?... oh well must build...

(repeats 5 or so times)

me: I wonder why my capital keeps moving...
Advisor: compared to others, you have an IQ of a carrot.

I'm playing slow and plan every move so I don't do many mistakes. The biggest mistakes I can think of was in my first C3 attempt. I didn't fully understand the diplomatic rules so I ended up with a damaged trade reputation, and I managed to commit ROP-rape without knowing it. And in the same game I built the FP too close to the capital.

Oh, I did one blunder recently. I planned to win a 100 k victory, and I wasn't aware it's not enough with 100 k culture. I must also have twice as much culture as anyone else, so I didn't win that way. Luckily I have a good backup plan: an almost completed SS.

lurker322 said:
me: Palace! it's expensive so it must be a cool wonder! must build...
me: (in another core city) Another palace! I thought wonders can only be built once?... oh well must build...

(repeats 5 or so times)

me: I wonder why my capital keeps moving...
Advisor: compared to others, you have an IQ of a carrot.

I did that once.

In my first game of civ, I had no clue what a MGL did, and so, I rushed a temple with it... :p

The very first time I got an MGL, I figured he must be VERY powerful, so I attacked a roman city with him. Needless to say, he didn't last long. :crazyeye:

the biggest blunda i haf eva dun is wen i dropped a nuke on my capital cause i didnt want to start a war but i wanted to c wat they look like wen the explode

I traded the Maya 850 gold+20 per turn and Printing Press for Navigation.
Oops...
Luckily my economy was rolling along so well that even with that I was still making about 5 gold per turn.

Before I understood what A.D.M. was, I attempted to use spearmen to attack. I came from Age of Kings, so I viewed them as cheap infantry. They are ten shields cheaper than Swordsmen... :lol: I also thought the Palace was an improvement. Fortunately, the city I accidently moved it do served as a palace location well; it was actually much more central to my empire.

I suppose this is more a of a peeve than a blunder. I should post it in both threads. But since I knew what I was doing, it's a blunder.

Leaving 2 full armies of cavalry in a newly conquered city, just so it can flip, and take my armies... Or do they just die? I don't even know how it works. But I lost my two armies!

i used to build 5 cities and stop. i hated to micromanage, now i love to! XD

i also used to build every wonder i could. now i built every horseman i can!

Ooooh boy.

I built every single city improvement that existed, had only like 4-5 workers which mined EVERYTHING and roaded NOTHING, I built nothing but spearmen and attacked with them even in like the industrial ages, AND I also thought that Warriors could kill "Anything" when one of mine attacked a Knight and won once.

Top Bottom