Bill O'Reilly Defends Ellen Degeneres

IdiotsOpposite

Boom, headshot.

Link to video.

I was honestly shocked when I saw this video, which is basically Bill O'Reilly defending Ellen Degeneres' right to keep her job. Why so shocking? Well, Ellen Degeneres is a lesbian, after all.

I get what Bill's saying here, and I appreciate that he's in the right for once, but really he doesn't go far enough.

They mention briefly that it's fine for people to stop shopping at a place because they hired a gay spokesperson. While legally it is of course justified, it's also morally wrong to avoid a business because they associate with homosexuals, just as it would be to shun a person with homosexual friends.

And in case anyone accuses me of splitting hairs, the distinction between legal and moral wrong is something Bill hits quite firmly in this piece.

He does this all the time. He follows episodes in which he says something incredibly close-minded and bigoted with an episode where he demonstrates a small sliver of humanity. I think he just wants to stay "controversial", whether it's towards those on the right or left.

Good! even the crazy right wing people are starting to to change there views.

O'Reilly is merely a panderer, not a crazy righty. However, he needs to do this sort of thing occasionally to keep up his "skeptical independent" gimmick.

Oh man, the cosmos of the universe... aligning to make Bill O Reily and I... agree.

I forgot how butch Ellen looked, lol.

I don't like Billo or internet videos, so I'll assume the OP summary was accurate and thorough.

How is this a big deal? Only the most radically bigoted believe things like "queers should lose their jobs for being queer". Those people are usually too crazy to be taken seriously anyway. I'd be impressed if someone like Billo defended a lesbian's right to marry or adopt children. Keep her job, not so much.

Billo is a jerk, but he's not a social conservative.
I think most people here would consider me a social conservative (indeed some people here probably think I'm a social philistine) and I agree with Bill O'Reilly here even though I don't like him.

O'Reilly's a bit sensitive about the situation given the fact people have called for him to be fired or removed from various associations over his frequent bouts of foot-n-mouth disease. And he clearly likes Ellen enough to champion her cause...

O'Reilly's a bit sensitive about the situation given the fact people have called for him to be fired or removed from various associations over his frequent bouts of foot-n-mouth disease. And he clearly likes Ellen enough to champion her cause...

I'm not surprised. Bill O'Reilly is about as funny as she is.

Top Bottom