"Binge" PBEM game

Crazy Eddie

Genial drunkard
The plan here is to try and arrange one day per week where everyone can get online at the same time and get as many turns done as time permits. 3 (possibly 4) players only, any more and getting everyone together at the same time could get too difficult.
Some form of instant messaging might be useful. (I use messenger.)
I'm usually free weekdays 7-12pm GMT, + weekends

Settings will be: pangaea, small map, restless barbs, regent AI.
I'll be the Ottomans. Any takers?

OK. So it's looking like a weekend only game so far. :)

(And if anyone is wondering why this is a PBEM game and not regular MP, it's because I'm stuck behind a firewall at the moment and getting things sorted is a "social engineering" problem.)

Ok,

Im in!! Weekends are likely to be the best times for me to play also.

I would like to be Greece please Eddie

Welcome aboard essexloony :)
We'll wait a couple more days, then on Friday set the time for the first match, trade E-mails etc.

I would also like to join, I would like to be the Celts.

count me in eddie, I just thought of something, if we could get about 4 people on the weekend to play all weekend we could probably get a whole game done, what do you think?

Make me German

Name : Sabo10
Country Name : Germania
Noun : Jack Boots
Adj :
Title : Der Fuhrer

Lol Sabo,

I can just manage an hour or two, a whole weekend is a whole party season + seeing the kids and missus, as well as not having my Sunday morning lie in!!

Can we please keep this in perspective, only a game, only a game, only a game.

Looks like we've got enough now, no more players please.
We'll try this with the 5 players we've got.

I think the whole weekend would be a bit over the top Sabo (maybe some other time ;) ) but that's the rough idea - get the turns moving nice and quickly. I was hoping for 2 or 3 hours per session Essexloony, can you manage that or is your S.O. likely to object? At a guess, this is going to happen Sat or Sun evening. Are there any times anyone *won't* be able to join in this weekend?

If you need to get in touch, E-mail or message me:
crazy_eddie_@hotmail.com

This weekend is pretty bad for me. Once every six weeks I have to do a turn of nights (I am in the Railway Engineering business) and this week-Christmas week-is it.

I may be able to get on during the day on both days though, as the missus will be at her Mothers. How would that grab ya? Say 3-5 pm GMT?

We'll see how that works with the others.
Getting a time arranged is going to be the hard bit. ;)

Originally posted by essexloony2
Lol Sabo,

I can just manage an hour or two, a whole weekend is a whole party season + seeing the kids and missus, as well as not having my Sunday morning lie in!!

Can we please keep this in perspective, only a game, only a game, only a game.

sorry essex :) I keep forgettin' not everyone lives by themselves like I do...

3-5 PM will be fine for me. I might have to leave 15-30 minutes earlier because dinner will be ready then. But I'll ask if we can eat a little later.

My E-mail adress is Djurre.Koopmans_AT_student.uva.nl (replace the _AT_ by @)

We'll start tomorrow, 3pm (GMT) then if that's OK with everyone.

That's fine with me. It will be 7-9am for me and I will make sure to set my alarm.

My e-mail is tiamatciv@shaw.ca

Here's the latest :
The game started with only 3 players on the 28th. Myself, Djurre & Tiamat. (against 2 AI civs) This weekends sessions totaled just under 4 1/2 hours and we managed 14 turns in total, having a few problems with corrupted saves for a time. It's a standard PBEM now until saturday, then the next session. More later. :)

Session times so far:

1st session 28/12/02, 15:30-17:30
2nd " 29/12/02 18:30-20:50
3rd " 4/1/03, 15:30-17:45, 18:30-21:00
4th " 5/1/03, 18:30-22:00
5th " 11/1/03, 18:30-22:30
6th " 18/1/03, 18:30-21:00

currently at 1675BC.

For all you statistics fans, here are the demographics for 1700BC:
( note my usual slow start. :mischief: )

And the Histographs:
Score -

Power -

Culture -

Latest info:
7th session 25/1/03, 18:30-22:15
8th " 26/1/03, 18:30-21:30

91 turns into the game.

Top Bottom