1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bismark and Faith Purchases

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Cicerosaurus, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Cicerosaurus

Cicerosaurus Emperor

I'm playing a game as Bismark and surprising (to me) is that he seems able to purchase military units with Faith.

I have not played as him before. Is this a unique ability or have I just grabbed some beliefs that enable this? I've been able to buy pagodas, missionaries yadda yadda but not military units with other leaders.

(Or, possibly, does this happen with every leader and I've never noticed?)

2. sebasm

sebasm Comfortably Numb

You should pay more attention to the religious beliefs you pick up. :)

3. fenwayb

fenwayb Chieftain

alternatively, the city could be of another religion, one that that had Holy Warriors.

4. Drawmeus

Drawmeus Emperor

Holy Warriors belief allows that city to buy units up to a certain point in the tech tree for faith.

5. Cicerosaurus

Cicerosaurus Emperor

Drawmeus, thanks for that.

However, the beliefs I was running are as follows:

Goddess of Festivals
    Peace Loving
    Monasteries
    Cathedrals.

None of those provide for purchase of military.

6. Peacemongerer

Peacemongerer Prince

Make sure that the cities in which you do this do not belong to the faith of another civilization... they will be using THAT religion's follower beliefs. Check the "beliefs" screen and see who has "holy warriors"... that religion is probably present in one of your cities.

7. Cicerosaurus

Cicerosaurus Emperor

Peacemonger, thanks fr the input. This will have to go down as something I can't work out. I saved the game- I referred to it to answer the above queries and to check I wasn't going nuts.

This morning I started the game to answer your query and check to see if another belief was present and the answer is no. 6 followers of my own religion (it was the Holy City if that makes a difference).

Anyway, there was a download this morning prior to my setting up the game and while I can open the game I can no longer buy the military units with faith. So, I don't know if it was a small patch that did a fix but something has happened.

8. pspboy7

pspboy7 Prince

Holy Warriors allows you to build pre-industrial units with faith. Come to think of it, I haven't tried it out yet, I might try it in my next game and spam a domination game hehe.