Bizzare things you discovered

I discovered the meaning of life whilst watching a waterfall once. I keep forgetting it and then remembering it again, but find it in the strangest of places.

Mise said:
It would depend on the wavelength and intensity of the laser, apparently.

BTW, is it worse to know that kind of thing off-hand, or pretend to know it off-hand and look it up on wiki, whilst moaning about how you know it off-hand?

Oh, and liquid nitrogen is the shizzle. Soooo much fun. Pretty cold though.
Uh, I dunno :confused:

The matter was not given any degree of thought. Besides, knowing techie stuff is more the trait of a geek - you would have to look it up on wiki to be a nerd ;)

Marla_Singer said:
A streets map book of Paris from 1952. As stupid as it sounds, that book fascinated me during days. I was intrigued by all the changes and how the city had evolved.

At this site, you probably won't find too many people calling you weird for that. I have done the same thing with maps of Calgary, and its traffic flow. throughout the last 40 years.

I once tried to lite up a cigarette in the middle of drizzling rain, and later try to protect it from getting wet :lol:

Gr3yL3gion said:
I once tried to lite up a cigarette in the middle of drizzling rain, and later try to protect it from getting wet :lol:
And when you did that, what was discovered?

I discovered I can balance a tooth pick on my nose for 2 minutes.

Mise said:
It would depend on the wavelength and intensity of the laser, apparently.

BTW, is it worse to know that kind of thing off-hand, or pretend to know it off-hand and look it up on wiki, whilst moaning about how you know it off-hand?

Oh, and liquid nitrogen is the shizzle. Soooo much fun. Pretty cold though.

I'll have you know I didn't look it up on wiki! But i think its definately worse that you know it offhand, lol!

What's worse is knowing it offhand... and actually be vaguely interested in it! :cringe:

I found out that if you add iron filings to potassium perchlorate and light it, the mixture will explode and produce a real mushroom cloud.

Best to get someone else to do it, though ;)

Perfection said:
Where can you get dry ice?

(though I have a suspicion that liquid nitrogen is funner)

Order some steaks. You could probably get it through chemistry sales sites or magician places or something too, but I have no idea of the regulations, if any, and I know you get dry ice if you order steaks/seafood-type stuff to be delivered (and if you absolutely need this dry ice for some reason, you might as well get a belated birthday filet mignon with it ;) ). For reference, you can do the same thing with the heater component of military MRE's (and water). It's just an exothermic reaction with water, so the end result of the bottle exploding is the same. Liquid nitrogen does certainly trump both though.

Feline, don't feel bad - I recently wrote a several-hundred word diatribe here on how you get from electricity to forum posting on the internet to answer a simple one-line theoretical question. Or maybe that just implies that I should feel worse :confused: ?

I found one of my favorite CDs (it's called "Legendary Voices of the Past", and features the likes of Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, and Billie Holiday) stuck in a huge history of the battle for Berlin in 1945. No idea how it got there, as I've never read the book. :lol:

I discovered that if I get my toe into my mouth and suck on it, I fart and some times get the runs. ;) :joke: :lol: :crazyeye: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Top Bottom