Black America

I'm so happy to see you speaking good things about Haiti XD
But Haiti was the 2nd republic of the modern world, the first was USA.
But it is the first country to speak of race equality, in Haiti, don't matter the color of your skin everybody is black
(It is funny because have a Polish minority in Haiti)

The United States was not created from a slave revolt. In fact, they were stilling brutally putting them down for the first over 70 years of their independent existence (Nat Turner's Rebellion, for example).

Actually, the Republic of the 7 United Netherlands was first among modern republics,

1581 or 1588 depending on you ask :)

http://www.self.gutenberg.org/articles/eng/Dutch_republic

Actually, the Venetian Republic, the Genoan Republic, the Florentine Republic, the Republic of Pisa, the Novgorod Republic, the Commonwealth of Iceland, the 11-year Commonwealth and Protectorate of England, Scotland, and Ireland, and (though this last one only by 10 years) the short-lived Vermont Republic, as well as the Republic of San Marino, the oldest extant, continuous Republic in the world, established in the 13th Century when the people of this tiny nation overthrew the monastery that previously ruled them. And many of the de facto independent Hanseatic City-States along the Rhine and the Baltic Coast in the dying days of the Holy Roman Empire and also during the German Confederation were effectively Republics. So, no, @Henri Christophe, the U.S. and Haiti as the 1st and 2nd oldest Republic in the modern world is WAY, WAY OFF!

Last edited:
Republic is a vague world. Res Publica, the business of the people. A government that is committed to the so-called public interest. Unlike a monarchy, which is a situation where the entire government apparatus exists to serve a single person/family.

Tbh, Haiti isn't relevant enough to be a civ. Then again, we had Norway, which isn't exactly relevant either, so... :)
Even Cuba would be a better choice than Haiti, if you just had to include some american island civ.

Idk, honestly, consolidating all the Greek city-states into "Greece" is about as accurate as consolidating Haiti and the US into "America" would be.

I didn't argue that Haiti should be one with the US - but I am all in favor of having yet more greek civs in the game :)
More Greek? We already have Athens, Sparta, Egypt, Macedon and Byzantium. We need more Black Americas civ

Idk, honestly, consolidating all the Greek city-states into "Greece" is about as accurate as consolidating Haiti and the US into "America" would be.

Consolidating Haiti into America would be considerably worse than consolidating all of India into India, which is in turn considerably worse than consolidating Greece into Greece. That last one is actually very reasonable, because regardless of political organization, there was a sense that there was such a thing as Greece and the Greek People even back then - it just wasn't a distinct single political entity. The same logic applies to Italy, which certainly existed as a distinct notion long before political unification. These fits the bill as *civilizations*, which is not the same thing as a *State*. India in comparison essentially never really had much of an unified internal identity until fairly recent times, where various populations spoke languages from entirely different language families. Then you get America and Haiti, which essentially never had anything in common.

I believe Henri Christophe may be partially correct as to South American tribes being black, according to a new genetic study.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...n-tribes-evidence-ancient-Australian-DNA.html

These are not African blacks per say, but they are Aboriginal black. Turns out ancient Aboriginals from Australia managed to paddle in canoes all the way to the Americas over the Bering Strait at around the same time Asiatic peoples were migrating into the New World. These Aboriginals eventually settled down along the Pacific coastal regions of South America were they interbred with the Asiatic Native Americans of the region. The final result is that many of the tribes native to South America are in fact partially Aboriginal black.

That last one is actually very reasonable, because regardless of political organization, there was a sense that there was such a thing as Greece and the Greek People even back then - it just wasn't a distinct single political entity

I disagree completely - by the same logic it makes sense to consolidate all the European countries into a Europe civ because while it was not politically unified, Europeans did have a shared sense of being European/part of Christendom.

These fits the bill as *civilizations*, which is not the same thing as a *State*

Well, there are a number of "civilizations" who only seem to be in the game because they have a state, so I think this is trickier than you're making it out to be. Is there such a thing as the "United States civilization?" I would argue no, there is only the sovereignty of the United States. The US, Europe, Germany, more to the point, France, the "mother country" for Haiti, are all part of the same "European" or "Western" civilization. The idea of there being a "Brazilian civilization" or "Australian civilization" is equally absurd.

I disagree completely - by the same logic it makes sense to consolidate all the European countries into a Europe civ because while it was not politically unified, Europeans did have a shared sense of being European/part of Christendom.

All europeans don't have the same language nor culture. You could, if you wanted to, claim that all celts were one civ - assuming there's enough there to call a civ.

Eh, I've been saying for years that most of the European civs should be condensed into a single "Frankish" civ.

Oh no... Since we invaded the Off-Topic Forums, they've counter-attacked with their own invasion! :p

JK, welcome all to Civ 6 Forums. :lol:

Oh no... Since we invaded the Off-Topic Forums, they've counter-attacked with their own invasion! :p

JK, welcome all to Civ 6 Forums. :lol:

Bruh you're in World History which is like an annex of off-topic tbh

Eh, I've been saying for years that most of the European civs should be condensed into a single "Frankish" civ.

I don't disagree at all.

Top Bottom