Black Covert ops screen after patch

Discussion in 'CivBE - Bug Reports' started by bernoulli, Dec 9, 2014.

1. eldubbya

eldubbya Chieftain

I too registered for this forum specifically to thank whoward69 for the fix.

Just to mention that I couldn't find the file at first but then realised my civ files are on my d:\ drive so the path was D:\.....\SteamLibrary\steamapps etc

:goodjob:

2. BeauFlex

BeauFlex Chieftain

I've had this happen before too but it's happening to me again right now!.. It sucks balls, because I'm doing so well playing on Apollo and I need every little thing I can get.

3. BeauFlex

BeauFlex Chieftain

I'm with you guys... same exact problem, it's so stupid.

4. dshirk

dshirk Firaxian

Thanks for the feedback guys. I would love to see any saves where this code adjustment does NOT address the problem.

5. Hasu105

Hasu105 Chieftain

The fix that whoward69 posted does not work for me. i use a Windows 8.1...they just need a new patch damit

6. givgab29

givgab29 Chieftain

After one of my cities was conquered by the Kavithan Protectorate, this happened. I tried restarting the game, but to no avail. The only thing I can think of would be to go back before my city was attacked perhaps.

Attached Files:

7. BeauFlex

BeauFlex Chieftain

Your way to fix the covert ops screen works, thank you!

8. BeauFlex

BeauFlex Chieftain

I have windows 8.1 as well, I can guarantee you're doing something wrong. Probably typed in the wrong line or something.

9. Hasu105

Hasu105 Chieftain

nope...line 371 of the lua script. all i had to do was change

if (city:GetIntrigueLevel() >= GameDefines.CITY_INTRIGUE_WARNING_LEVEL) then

to

if (city and city:GetIntrigueLevel() >= GameDefines.CITY_INTRIGUE_WARNING_LEVEL) then

it still doesn't work for me.

EDIT: it seems that i was using an 8.1 lua script program that didn't effect the game at all...as if it didn't saved the change but the words are still there. so i decided to open it with just a simple text document program, rewrite it, then open the game. ITS FIXED ME NOOB EVERYONE WINS! \('-')/...Thank You whoward69.

10. DST1348

DST1348 Warlord

whoward69's fix did it for me :thanx:

11. narf41

narf41 Chieftain

thanks for the awesome fix whoward69:king:! i was so mad when this happened had a great game going.

anyway for mac users the path to the erroneous file is:
    /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth/Civilization Beyond Earth.app/Contents/GameData/Assets/Gameplay/Lua/GameplayUtilities.lua

note that the user library is hidden 10.7+ so open finder, select GO from the menu bar, press down the option key while the go menu is open, and click Library

note 2: when you get to /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth
    you have to right click (or press down control and click) on "Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth" and select Show Package Contents, then you can navigate to Contents/GameData/Assets/Gameplay/Lua/GameplayUtilities.lua

it's still line 371, i recommend editing the file with textwrangler (free)

final note, if you're on a mac with auto graphics switching download gfxcardstatus and set it to always use the discrete graphics before launching the game.

12. AcetyleneLamp

AcetyleneLamp Chieftain

I'm playing a single-player game and there seems to be some kind of weird glitch where when I bring up the covert ops window, it's completely blank and I can't do anything. Saving and reloading didn't fix it, shutting down Civ: BE all the way and starting it up again didn't fix it either. I've played several games and never had this happen before. Anyone else ever have this happen?

13. AcetyleneLamp

AcetyleneLamp Chieftain

About the only thing I could figure out to do was to revert to an earlier saved game where the covert ops screen works again, and I have the added bonus of being able to avoid a mistake I made earlier where I did the "destroy Far Base One" quest and pissed off someone who was trading with them which caused them to declare war on me and invade a new city I wasn't prepared to defend very well.

14. tedeviatings

tedeviatings Warlord

Yea, in most of my games actually. Most of the time it goes back to normal before the game ends... But sadly I don't know how to make it go away other than playing on and hoping for the best.

15. grades

grades Chieftain

I've been experiencing the same bug. It appears to happen whenever a city is captured by a player. I've had games where the screen does become functional again but do not remember the conditions under which that occurred.

But capturing cities/having cities be captured replicates this bug in every game I play.

16. grades

grades Chieftain

Also, there's this thread about it in the bugs section.

17. AcetyleneLamp

AcetyleneLamp Chieftain

Okay, so I played again some more after reverting from the earlier game, one of the AIs still declared war against me even though I left Far Base One alone, and once the new city was invaded, I couldn't access the covert ops screen anymore.

18. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Moderator Action: Merged with existing Bug Reports thread.

19. AcuarioNoSeinto

AcuarioNoSeinto Chieftain

Thank you whoward69... You saved the cra from being the worst civ in beyond earth :)

20. ricmetal

ricmetal Chieftain

fix worked for me. thanks so much!