Blacks outside Africa

Who of these leaders would you like to see in next expansions?

• Haiti

Votes: 28 70.0%
  • Ahmadnegar Sultanate

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Palmares

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Seminoles

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • EUA

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Brazil

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Olmec-XIcalanca

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Miskitos

• Garifuna

• Jamaica

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • France

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we supposed to be impressed by countries being promoted to Commonwealth Dominions in the early 1900s?

Because even Newfoundland was worth a commonwealth dominion before South Africa...
Yet, South Africa is still here, and Newfoundland isn't. Newfoundland got itself taken over by Canada. LOL

Which goes to show how meaningless the term "dominion" was by the time you got it.

Then again, after the first dominion it was pretty much downhill with every new one...

Last edited:
Yet, South Africa is still here, and Newfoundland isn't. Newfoundland got itself taken over by Canada. LOL
Then why are all of us supposed to be impressed by the Boer republics? :p

Which goes to show how meaningless the term "commonwealth" was by the time you got it.
South Africa was a founding member of the Commonwealth.
Then why are all of us supposed to be impressed by the Boer republics? :p
Then why are all of us supposed to be impressed by the Roman Empire?

Apologies, I have corrected to "dominion".

Still after Newfoundland.

South Africa was a Dominion from the start, just like Canada. If the US became a Dominion, with His Majesty as head of state, it would probably improve the US.
How would that improve the U.S.?
I mean we have a Declaration of Independence for a reason.

How it was the independence of South Africa? Or still a not-indepedent country under the commenwealthy?

South African has been a republic for a while now, and you're still wrong about commonwealth realms not being independent, Henri.

How would that improve the U.S.?
I mean we have a Declaration of Independence for a reason.
In an alternate reality where they lost the Revolutionary War? I don't know. Such an alternate reality would be a VERY different world, indeed, though.

I can, and I just did.
Apparently, the Boer Republics, to Uncle Paul, are so high up in the annals of great nations and empires, they compare to anyone and everyone, and EVERYONE is expected to see this as apparent and obvious, "truth." :confused:
How it was the independence of South Africa? Or still a not-indepedent country under the commenwealthy?
Although you're not the only one I've seen on the Internet hung up on the idea that Commonwealth Realms are not independent nations, or that the British Monarch, not the PM, holds governing power in the UK in truth, I always such viewpoints inexplicable, from my viewpoint, especially to refuse to be corrected and when so many sources are easily available out there that clearly detail the real situation.

Apparently, the Boer Republics, to Uncle Paul, are so high up in the annals of great nations and empires, they compare to anyone and everyone, and EVERYONE is expected to see this as apparent and obvious, "truth." :confused:
This almost makes me want to start pushing the Republic of Texas getting in to Civ. :mischief:
Although you're not the only one I've seen on the Internet hung up on the idea that Commonwealth Realms are not independent nations, or that the British Monarch, not the PM, holds governing power in the UK in truth, I always such viewpoints inexplicable, from my viewpoint, especially to refuse to be corrected and when so many sources are easily available out there that clearly detail the real situation.
Which is why the U.S. theoretically becoming a dominion wouldn't change anything. We'd still have our own separate government and laws.

In an alternate reality where they lost the Revolutionary War? I don't know. Such an alternate reality would be a VERY different world, indeed, though.

If the Zulu deserve a place in civ, so do the Boers, who gave the Zulu what for at Blood River in 1838.
This almost makes me want to start pushing the Republic of Texas getting in to Civ. :mischief:

Which is why the U.S. theoretically becoming a dominion wouldn't change anything. We'd still have our own separate government and laws.
But you would have a more dignified and consistent head of state, instead of having whichever partisan clown eked out a narrow margin of victory.

But you would have a more dignified and consistent head of state, instead of having whichever partisan clown eked out a narrow margin of victory.
But the, "partisan clown," regardless of whether they're in the U.S., UK, Canada, South Africa, or what have you, is much more of a de facto leader for a Civ game than a more dignified and consistent head of state,", because they make decisions, set policies, and guide their nation, in real governance, domestically and in foreign and trade affairs, and thus, if a modern-era leader was chosen, I'd say the former type fits much better the bill of the form of leadership we're needing to be represented, here.

I think Texas have more chance to be a civ then the Boers republic, at least the Texas don't have an apartheid to be a shame off.

If the Zulu deserve a place in civ, so do the Boers, who gave the Zulu what for at Blood River in 1838.
Maybe Dingane's Zulu empire lost to the Boers in this Blood River battle. But isn't Dingane zulu leader, but instead was Shaka. Shaka never lost a battle and was unstopable, even have a era name after him, the Mfecane.

I'm also total in favor in Shaka Zulu be in all civ games, since it is already since the first civ.

Wow there is a lot going on in this thread

That being said I like the idea of a Haitian Civ and while I don’t think they are the most important thing in history or whatever, I think a good case has been made to include them at some point.

A list of person who can lead a civilization or at least be a Unique General.
Haiti-Toussaint L'Ouverture

India - Malik Ambar

Brazil - Zumbi dos Palmares

Seminole- John Horse

Japan- Yassuke
Russia - Gannibal
USA-Barack Obama

Brazil - Nilo Peçanha

Olmec-Xicalnca - 3Deer

Miskitos - George I

Garifunas - I can't find a leader, but they can appear as a City State.
Jamaica - Queen Nanny

Those are some fine negros. (Negro is not considered racist word in my country as it literally translates to black and is not so called N word.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom