Blank Flags

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by generalshake, Dec 19, 2005.

1. generalshake

generalshake Consigliere

First, I hope this is the right forum for this question.

I downloaded a mod that added Israel to the game. The modder is able to get the flag to show right on his, but a few people are getting a blank white flag. From the posts in the thread it seems to do this to other mods as well. My question is what could I do to fix this problem. It's not game-breaking by any means, I'm just anal like that.

2. generalshake

generalshake Consigliere

Just wanted to add that it appears other mods the flags work fine. The carthage civ works fine. I've been scrolling over the info in these forums, but w/o a little help where too look I don't know where to begin on looking at the files too see what could be diffrent and causing the flag not to load.

The buttons (where the civ had it's description and such) shows fine. It's just on the units and the flag in the bottom of the screen menu.

Edit: Using the dds editer I set the alpha to black and was able to get the flag to show. The only problem now is it shows it with a blue tint. I am now officially out of ideas so hit me with a reply.

3. Wirklichkeit

Wirklichkeit Chieftain

Go to the mod directory/xml/art/

In there you'll hopefully find the file CIV4ArtDefines_Civilizations

Open that file with notepad or an xml editor

Find the stanza that defines the art for Israel; it probably looks like this
    Code:
                    <CivilizationArtInfo>
    			<Type>ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_ISRAEL</Type>
    			<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Civilizations/Israel.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Civics_Civilizations_Religions_Atlas.dds,5,7</Button>
    			<Path>Art/Interface/TeamColor/FlagDECAL_Israel.dds</Path>
    			<bWhiteFlag>0</bWhiteFlag>
    		</CivilizationArtInfo>
    Depending on which Israel mod you're using, it might look a little different, but the line ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_ISRAEL should be the giveaway.

Change <bWhiteFlag>0</bWhiteFlag> to 1.

That was what caused a blue tint for me, anyway.

4. generalshake

generalshake Consigliere

Wango! Thanks a ton. That cleared up the blue tint and it now shows up normal.

Thanks again, I'll sacrafice a Sams to the 'gaming god' for ya. :lol:

5. Khadil Okharim

Khadil Okharim Chieftain

I tried to create a new flag for my mod. In the dds-converter it looks fine but in game it is black. Can anyone post a solution for this problem?

Here are the files (bmp and dds):

Attached Files:

6. john0452

john0452 Chieftain

I added the black alpha and it seems to work just fine. :)

Remember to change '<bWhiteFlag>0</bWhiteFlag>' to '<bWhiteFlag>1</bWhiteFlag>'

Find it in 'CIV4ArtDefines_Civilizations'

Your flag looks really good btw. :goodjob:

Scheenshot:

View attachment NovadiFlagge.zip

7. Khadil Okharim

Khadil Okharim Chieftain

Thank you John! I finally got it... Now I can create all the flaggs I need. Wonderful. :)

8. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

hi plz can you help me - my flags are only black or white i tried to change some stuff according to the exp above and failed...can someone help?