1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Blastoid-Gaiyut Expedition (Scouts)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: RPG' started by Provolution, Apr 21, 2008.

1. blastoidstalker

blastoidstalker The Geographer

I know the scout was directly east of babylon at the start of the turn so i think we were moving west. I also think we crossed babylon before encountering the animals, but I am not sure.

2. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

Yes, I liked the turn chat that was a direct log of the chat from the turn. Using it helped allot with my RP stories.

3. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

(OOC: I got the impression the scout was heading towards Babylon as turnset started, got OB, passed through and went westward after that. I didn't catch exactly where we met the animal so you might want to move my story of the encounter with the lion, fortunately it doesn't talk of anything else, really, so it might as well be on their way out of Babylon... Should we get going with the stories happening in Babylon now, then?)

4. AluminumKnight

AluminumKnight Conquistador

((Do you know how hard it is to write "WARRIOR" in paint?))
    Spoiler :

Spoiler :

5. blastoidstalker

I think we should right our stories about our incounters in Babylon next. I am planing to write one for signing open borders with lincoln and having lobster for dinner. Go for whatever sounds good and fits the overall arc.

6. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

You can also write in MS Paint, just look for the option.

7. Diamondeye

((I will edit my post and add more RP when I get home from school in 2 hrs))

8. blastoidstalker

The Blastoid chose not to sit but to stand peering out over this strange city as he waited for the tyrant.

The man they called Lincoln had built his palace on a low plateau that deflected the mighty river from the sea. The ribbon of blue turned westward here in a great arc around a thick evergreen wood, turning ever so slowly around till it came back behind the city and entered the sea. Even in late autumn up here the trees help there green branches, unlike home where every winter the leaves fell. In the waters of the river there was fishing dingy, but unlike ours boats it had a tall mast with a sheet of woven reeds. They were trying to use the wind to power the boat instead of oars it seemed, though it was not going well. The boat crashed into the sandstone cliffs below causing the sailors to jump ship, curse and bring it back to shore to try again. Though there antics were amusing the Blastoid could see use in there endeavor. If such a vessel could be better controlled we could use it to travel along our coasts and along our great river.

“Foreigner! The master will see you!”

The two Bowmen who flanked the doors to Lincoln’s audience chamber moved to open its door. It was time to see what type of Man ruled here.

The Blastoid entered the room, with sure stride of a man who has walked many miles. He bowed to the master in the custom he had seen the soldiers do before. “Master Lincoln It is good to meet you at last; I have come with a proposal of goodwill between our people.”

The master was a tall thin man, with dark hair and sunken, almost sullen eyes. For a second he did not speak just looked as if he was trying to peer into my very soul. “Well met, is it Blastoid? I am glad to hear again from your people. Come, let me hear your offer.”

“The offer is to come to an agreement of movement of peoples, your people, military and civilian are allowed to cross Aretian land freely and without hindrance. We will also not interfere with any of your movements outside our borders, of future settlements that you might make. In turn you will give us the same rights. To be able to move within your borders without hindrance and you were not interfere with future settlements we might make. These words are written on this hide to make this agreement official and binding”

Again Master Lincoln pauses for a few seconds then speaks
    “Scribbles on a hide? How strange? No matter. I agree that these provisions will be beneficial to both our people, but to me this hide is meaningless. Leave three of your party here as emissaries to us, we will do the same and send three of our people to your lands. If you break this agreement, the emissaries will be hung.”

“I must ask my men for volunteers, but I agree to this method of binding”

“It is agreed then.” Master Lincoln stops for a second again. “We will have a feast tonight for all of you and your men. Join us then with your three emissaries chosen and we will toast the fortunes of both our peoples. You may leave now”

The Blastoid bows again and turns to leave the room, the doors slamming shut behind.

9. AluminumKnight

AluminumKnight Conquistador

(( :lol: sorry I had to laugh at that one. Oh and the text box thing is all well and good, but it made the background of the box white, which was stupid.))

10. Diamondeye

((OOC: Corrected that funny misspell. And AK, Paints' text option has two options, very badly illustrated, but basically means:
    USE [2ND COLOR] AS BACKGROUND
    DO NOT PAINT BACKGROUND))

As the scouts entered the city, with Blastoid in front, after they had talked to Lincoln, Sindar looked around. The babylonians were so different fmro his own people. Their tan was more brown, less the yellow color of the Aretans, and the men had large beards even before their hair began to become white. He was puzzled by this people who had developed a weapon as lethal as the Warbow, yet they did not even possess the feat of writing. He looked around and saw that he had reached a small archery range, where three young men were practicing their skills against a couple of haybales. He went over to them and talked to them. They did not understand a word, but handed him a bow and some arrows and pointed at the haybales. Sindar tried to shoot, but failed miserably. The boys laughed at him and tried to show him what he had done wrong. He tried again. The arrow flew this time, but not long, and not close to the haybales. The boys laughed again before helping him...

This lasted for about an hour, until what Sindar concluded was the biggest of the boys' father called for them. they took the bow out of his hands and quickly ran towards the voice. Sindar was left back at the small square. He looked around and saw that the boys had forgotten a shortbow, laying buried among some of the hay and a cracked flower pot. He picked it up, then picked up what arrows he could find, when he felt that someone was looking at him. Had the boys come back?

No, it was someone behind him, the boys had not left in that direction. Slowly he turned around, to see a girl standing in a simple dress behind him. He could not tell how old she was, but he guessed that she waas his age or, perhaps, a little older. His eyes automatically zoomed quickly from her face to her feet and back again. She was beautiful, with a tan that made his skin look like snow and her long hair hanging loose. She was about as tall as himself, and rather slim. He realized how stupid it was, him just standing there looking at her. He began to slowly walk towards her until he was around four feet from her, before he pointed at his chest and said: "Sindar".

She smiled at him. She looked dazzling. Her teeth were blinding white and her eyes a nice, soft brown colour. He pointed at her, then raised his shoulders in a gesture he hoped illustrated it was a question. Who are you?

She looked at him for a second before giggling. Then she said: "My name is Ymira, I am the daughter of the bowyer here in Babylon. One of the boys you played with is my little brother." Sindar looked at her as if stunned. "How come you can, I mean, speak, erhm, Aretan?" She smiled at him again. Simply breathtaking. "My mother speaks Aretan, she is frmo the same tribe as you. She taught me it when I was very young. She thought it might be good to be able to speak with ones' neighboors."
    "Arh, I see. You said one of the boys was your brother? Who of them, the largest?"
    He asked politely. She laughed again. "No, the stupidest. He is not too bright, he can hardly speak our own language." They both laughed. Sindar felt he had to ask her about something else. She was so nice to talk to. And it had been a long time since he had last seen a girl, more so slept with one. It was some time since they had left Arete, after all. "So, where were they going, your brother and the others?"
    "Out to hunt with their fathers. They won't be back until sundown," she said, eyes sparkling. "Oh," Sindar said, completely stunned. She quickly asked him: "Do you want me to show you around the village?"
    Yes!
    "I'd love to", he replied after gathering himself.
    His heart jolted as she took his hand and begun to walk down the street.

11. Diamondeye

Sindars' heart felt like it was going to break out of its' rib cage any minute. He and Ymira had walked around Babylon for several hours, speaking and seeing many interesting buildings. Their hands were still clenched together. For the last ten minutes, they had simply been walking hand in hand, without speaking. Sindar had strapped the bow he had found onto his back and stuck the arrows, tied together in a bundle, in his belt, near the left thigh. The sun was about two fingers over the horizon, in the far west, where he would soon be heading along with Gaiyut and Blastoid. Ymira stopped.

"What is it?", he asked. "This is my home," she replied, pointing at the building they were standing in front of. He could see hundreds of small slices of wood on the ground in front of the house, from the fathers' work. He looked at her. She smiled at him, then she let go of his hand and walked slowly towards the door. Sindar felt completely empty inside as she slowly entered the house. His brain could not come up with anything to say or yell to her. He looked up. She had gone inside, the entrance was dark as the night. Then it struck him. She had left the door standing open!

He quickly rushed inside, closed the door carefully and looked around. He was standing in what seemed to be the fathers' workshop. A bench with tools was up against the wall on one hand, several bows hang on the wall above it. He could see Ymira moving in the next room. He walked slowly towards the door, and opened it. The room was empty. Four bowls were laying on the floor, and several doorways led to other rooms. Only one of them were open, the one on the right hand. He looked through it, but there was almost no light in the next room, only a very small window that did not allow much sunlight inside this late. He tip-toed through the doorway and into the room. Inside, Ymira was standing beside her bed, comletely naked with her back to him. He slowly paced towards her, placing his right hand at her waist. She turned around towards him, and stepped up to him. There were only a fingers' width between them. She kissed him. Her lips tasted almost like honey, and her eyes shone as stars. He put the other hand around her as she dragged him towards the bed, still kissing him...

12. Diamondeye

Sindar was fully awake, instantly. A small sliver of light slid through the window and illuminated the room a little. He got out of the bed and quickly put on his clothes and strapped the bow to his back. He looked at Ymira in the bed. She was still sleeping, curled together in a tight embrace with the sheet. He sat down on the bed and let his fingers slid over her skin, gently.

Why had he woken up so early, and so fast? Perhaps he had heard a sound, he was unsure of it, though. There were not yet many people in the babylonian streets. He would need to find the Blastoid and Gaiyut soon. He realized Ymira was looking at him, smiling. "You'll have to go, my father will wake up soon," she said, still smiling. "But you'll come back, right?"

He couldn't resist the urge of smiling back at her. He didn't want to hurt her. "Yes, I'll come back. Someday, I'll come back."

They were interrupted by the sound of someone stepping on one of the bowls in the room just outside the door. Sindar quickly took the bundle of arrows, threw it out of the window, kissed Ymira on the cheek and then climbed out of the small window. He stood up outside, dusted his clothes off, looked inside ot see Ymira, who had pukked her dress back on, talk to her brother. He quickly slid away from the window, took a small end of a rope from his belt and tied his hair in a ponytail before running down the streets to find the others...

13. blastoidstalker

Sindar is improving Babylonian - Aretian relation in a much more enjoyable fashion. Good job:)

14. Diamondeye

Thankyou. I am enjoying a serious chance to RP. I just need someone to reply soon or I'll multipost all the way :rolleyes:...

15. blastoidstalker

I am planning on writting a piece about sitting on the coast near the silver and marble mapping.

I also want to write about finding pieces of a fishing boat of unknown origen crushed on the rocks of the western coast.

I am going to try to get to them on sunday-monday.

16. Diamondeye

Sounds good. I am eager to write more but need some interaction with other figures before my story can move ahead. I mean, Sindar needs to find the others and talk to them now before I can tell about the battle with the wolf and soforth.

17. blastoidstalker

The hills swept below like mirrors of the waves of the salt water, like a war between earth and sea crashing on an icy shore. Men were stalking along the stony shore with long spears in hand striking strange brown shapes rolling in the sand.

Even up here the small of death and blood was present, bringing the felling of hunger of free meat for the taking. Circling down another man becomes apparent perched on a hill with an arms outstretched beckoning.

The Blastoid heard the flutter of wings for a second before the soft thump and grip of the talons was felt on his outstretched, leather covered hand. The raven had returned with another parchment. The Blastoid unfurled it and look at the directions, a setting sun and an arrow.

So we are still going west, through this cold and barren land.

The Blastoid looked around him at the barren blueish hills, ridge after ridge were lined up like waves, crashing against the northern sea. Some ridges were white and jagged rocks ripped into the sky like bones of forgotten beasts others were round black, smelling of rotten earth. These hills against the sea were blue and the streams that ran between them were speckled with white gold. There were trees up here, only wind, some snow and ice.
    They had rushed upon these frozen hills after the attack of the lions which almost claimed Sindar’s life. Unfortunately these barren hills proved to have no game and it was not until they came upon the strange sea cows of the northern sea that they could feed on food better than grass again. Gaeyut and Sindar were slaughtering more of these sea cows now. If they stayed close to sea, it would, as it always was for Aretians, be kind to them.

The Blastoid turned his gaze back to the charcoaled hides he had before him looking at the seas of hills and forest they had crossed. He pulled one hide out, with a map of the Babylonian lands, rolled it and tied it to the Ravens leg and set it to flight.

His duty done the Blastoid chose to close his eyes for a few hours before moving back to camp to begin preparations for moving westward. With a weak feeble sun trying to warm his skin, he fell asleep

He circles higher and higher. He knows his duty to go south, to the city by the sweet sea. But first he smelled blood and death. He circled down again a few miles east and landed upon a brown husk of flesh ripped open by men, and feasted.

18. blastoidstalker

I have not heard anything here from Kwarrior in a while. So diamond Eye use him as you will, I see him as a tracker and our advance scout. He is usaly out ahead and should warn us of upcoming danger. Blastoid is the one in communication with our capitol and is a bit of a loner, but will be open and warm to those who earn his respect, which sindar did after the enounter with the lion.

I think what is still left is the encounter with the wolf (which gives us an upgrade), spotting the barbarian warrior, and spotting the unknown civ in the distance.

My idea for the unknown civ is to find remants of there civ washed up upon the western shore when we reach that coastal hill tile.

Which of these things do you want to write about?

19. Diamondeye

oops, double post :blush:

20. Diamondeye

I think I'll write about the wolf and, perhaps, the warrior. I think you have a good idea about the civ in the distance.

Sindar ran quickly along the shore, the water barely covering his feet. He chased the strange, brown seacow across the low water. Suddenly, it turned out towards the deep sea. It was now or never. Sindar jumped sideways and pierced the animal with his bone spear. He landed in the salt water, and the three wounds on his chest hurt immensely as it came into contact with the salty water. He quickly stood up and saw the wounded seacow wriggling in spasms in a small pool of it's own blood. He quickly reached down and broke it's neck before picking it up and walking back towards the camp. Gaiyut had already left the shore and was some distance ahead of him.

It had been almost a month since they had left Babylon now. Sindar still had the small bow he had taken from Ymiras' brother. He had not had a another chance to be with Ymira after that one night... He still missed her and wondered if he would ever see her again...