Blender Scripts for Civilization V and Civilization VI

Blender Scripts for Civilization V and Civilization VI 16.4

I keep getting this error when I try to export to cn6. The below screenshot is when I tried to export the default cube when you start a new project just to see if that would work.
I got your 14.3 scripts and I'm using blender 2.78c on Windows 7. Any ideas whats going on?

I think the script expects an armature (skeleton) to exist and any meshes to be parented to an armature.

Thank you, that worked. I just threw in a bone. Its a building, so that's why I didn't add any bones in the first place.

Even Buildings need a single world bone but you shouldn't need to rig the mesh to the armature. For Buildings you should use Mesh Vertex Format = "No Bone Bindings, 3 UV (layers)" when importing to CivNexus6.

Deliverator updated Blender Scripts for Nexus Buddy 2 / CivNexus6 with a new update entry:

14.4 Update

* Fixed serious bug where .cn6 import was not dividing weights by 255 but was using the raw values. This meant that all vertex weights greater than zero would be equal to 1 when imported. This should mean that you can remove/add to animated meshes such as units and vertex weights will be properly preserved during the .fgx -> .cn6 -> Blender -> .cn6 -> .fgx round trip.

TL;DR - Vertex Weights were being mangled - now they are OK. :)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello Deliverator. At the moment I am trying to export a model for my ui in civ 5 to .br2. First of all, I couldn't get the script working at all for blender 2.7+, so I decided to try my luck with blender 2.49b. At first I was getting the NoneType error like everyone was getting, but then I added a bone, which is usually the solution to these problems.
Now I'm getting this error:

Code:
Start BR2 Export...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Jake\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\export_br2.py", line 323, in saveBR2
    raise "Error: Mesh has unweighted vertices!"
TypeError: exceptions must be classes or instances, not str

Do you know to fix this problem? Do I need a bone for all the vertices? Also, here's the .blend file. Yes, the textures look bad and all, and it looks like the walls are missing, but trust me, they're there: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbfn3rv0l10ypfc/SL UI with textures 2 ah.blend?dl=0
Thanks in advance!

"unweighted vertices" means that your meshes contains some vertices that are not assigned to bones in an armature via Vertex Groups.

I've got both Blender 2.80 App and THIS scrips. How can I install it and use Blender to open CN6 files?

I've only used 2.79 up to now which I'd recommend as 2.8 is still quite new. In 2.79 you install under File > User Preferences... > Install Add-on from File... then open the *.py for the script you want to install. Then you may need to check the checkbox to enable the Add-on. I'd assume installation in 2.8 is quite similar.

Thank you. I'd check out if it works. particularly working around with Civ5 3d assets.

But first. which versions? there's 2.79 with no alphabetical series, 2.79a and 2.79b, and I uses Windows 10 (I think).

Just use the latest 2.79b version is fine. It will be compatible with all recent versions of Windows 7,8,10.

Deliverator updated Blender Scripts for Civ V and Civ VI with a new update entry:

16.0 Update

16.0 Update

* Animation import to 2.7* versions of Blender now working via the .na2 format. Actually the fix was a simple change to NB2 and CN6 import scripts. Many thanks to Magarto for finding this!

This means animations from Civ V, Civ VI and Beyond Earth can loaded directly into Blender 2.7* versions for the first time.

Will need to re-install and re-enable NB2/CN6 Import Addons for this to work.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom