1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Blimey, talk about immersion...

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Walter R, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Walter R

Walter R Great Engineer

In my last game (playing as England yet again, large Islands map) my nearest neighbour was Monty. As soon as I realised I thought 'oh-oh' and tried to be friends. Well he stayed my (eventually only) friend all through my various wars, joining in when it suited him, making trades and signing RA's. Eventually the time came when I only needed his capital for a Dom victory so I DOW'd. Instead of the usual trite responses I'm used to the caption said something about me "...betraying a friend just for victory..." - Dammit, I actually felt really guilty! I don't recall ever seeing such a caption before.

2. Vidszhite

Vidszhite Prince

Since the patch, I've noticed that several AIs aren't using generic, canned responses, but instead say things that the actual leader might say. Monty's are some of the funniest.

"Opening your borders will make it easier for me to bring home sacrifices. I'm sure it will help you somehow, as well!"

3. Loucypher

Loucypher King

He always said that. All the leaders have a few set lines that are different from the norm, they just seem to use them more often since the patch.

4. Silverman6083

Silverman6083 History-Lover

America said they fear my warmongering would turn the world into a new dark age ^-^

5. redwings1340

redwings1340 Emperor

Wow, I would feel bad too! Unless I was going for an achievement, that might be enough to make me only kill all his units, take over everyone else in the world, and go back to peace with him and win culturally.

6. Sturmgewher88mm

Sturmgewher88mm Kaiser

Oh I feel you! :goodjob:

7. Heerlo

Heerlo Jedi Master Hearlo

Who would have ever thought that someone would feel bad about killing Monty? :crazyeye: