City Razing - YES
NO City Flipping from Culture
City Flipping after conquest - NO
Raging barbarians
No Tech Trading
Permanent alliances
Complete kills

Victory Conditions
- The winner will be any player that owns any 7 of the VP cities.
- Russia will win immediately if at anytime holds any 5 of the VP cities.
- If time runs out before anyone achieving the above victory conditions, the winner will be player with more VP cities.
The VP cities are: Berlin, Rome, Paris, London, Moscow, Cairo, Tokyo, Washington, Los Angeles.

Countries
00. Argentina: AI\Player 0
01. Sweden - AI
02. China - Player D
03. Greece - AI
04. Italy - Player A
05. Portugal - AI
06. Japan - Player A
07. Germany - Player A
08. Norway - Player B
09. France - Player B
10. Ireland - AI
11. Spain - AI
12. Britain - Player B
13. Russia - Player C
14. Poland - AI
15. Brazil - Player D
16. Mexico - AI
17. USA - Player D

PLAYERS
Player 0: Luthor
Player A - Axis: The Other Daniel
Player B - European Allies: Luthor
Player C - Russia: Michkov
Player D - Asian-American Allies: Domar1990

HOUSE RULES

GENERAL
- City Raizing of cities WITH World Wonders is NOT allowed
- City Raizing of VP cities is NOT allowed
- City Raizing of any other cities is allowed
- In the (highly unlikely) event of AI raizing a VP city, this city will be replaced by another (choosen by the last human player that held the VP raized city)
- All espionage possibilities are allowed

NUCLEAR WEAPONS
- It is allowed the construction of nuclear weapons anytime
- It is only allowed to USE nuclear weapons after January of 1945

FORCED WARS
The following wars are mandatory (in the game itself):
- Axis versus Poland, Norway; Greece; France; Britain (CW); China
- Russia versus Poland

WARS DECLARATIONS
- No country is forced to declare war;
- All nations may declare war freely on any country with the exception of nations of the same player that may NEVER go to war with each other;
- There should be war alignment between the nations of the same player. It is not easy to define because it can have many "gray" areas but the idea is that if USA is at war with Germany, Brazil shouldn't be fighting on the Axis side;
- Trade is free (Italy can trade with Brazil but at the same time having Germany at war with Brazil);

PRECEDENTS OF THE WAR
(adaptation of history to fit the scenario)

EUROPE SITUATION
In March 1938, Austria was annexed into the German III Reich. Still in that same year, under alleged privations suffered by ethnic German populations living in Czechoslovakia, Germany occupied this country.

On September 1st, following some problems at the border, Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini declared war on Poland. As Britain and France had pledged protection and independence guarantees to Poland, they reacted a few days later, and - on September 3rd - declared war on Germany and Italy. On September 5th, based on an alliance made a few months before, Norway and Greece decide to also declare war on the Axis.

On September 10th, Hirohito stated that all nations at war with Germany and Italy would also be at war with them, formalizing an official state of war with the Empire of Japan.

Mean while, Russia declared war on the Baltic Republics and Poland. The Baltic states surrendered immediately and were integrated in the Soviet Union. Finland, in fear of a Russian attack, decided to volunteerly be annexed by Germany to prevent war with Russia.

ASIAN SITUATION
In 1931, with little resistance, Japan invaded and conquered Manchuria.

In 1936, the Anti-Comintern Pact was signed between Nazi Germany and the Empire of Japan, that was directed against the Communist International (known as the Comintern).

In July of 1937 the Marco Polo Bridge incident (southwest of Beijing) led to the beginning of the second sino-Japanese war. This also made the U.S. to immediately cease it's oils exports to Japan.

The lack of oil to fuel the Japanese forces, the sudden alliance between the Chinese Communists and nationalists (after the Marco Polo bridge incident), the help from Germany (with the training of divisions for the Chinese National REvolutionary Army) and Russia (that signed a Sino-Soviet Non-Aggression Pact in September 1937) made a standstill in the war, with China regaining some Manchurian territory.

In 1939, not only Germany withdrew its support to China but also Japan was able to get some oil from unknown sources. Thus, with a new commander, they were able to re-fit and re-organize their Army.

On September 11th, based on the 1936 pact, Germany and Italy declared war on China.

Considering that most of the world will be occupied, I can't imagine there'll be much point to raging Barbs, but I'm quite happy for it to be left on in a primarily warmongers game.

How slowly will years go? And what's the starting year? I'm not fussed really regarding the dates when we can declare war, but it may be unnecessary; historically these events occurred as a result because of external pressures, which perhaps don't translate well in a finite (but awesome) strategy game. Considering we're not planning on re-enacting the war exactly (as Germany, I'm not planning on losing if I can help it) a few guidelines as given, which aren't particularly constraining, might be the way to go.

I can't imagine there'll be much point to raging Barbs
There is not much free space left, but the idea of raging Barbs it to force nations where there is some space left (Central Africa, South America, North of Asia) to keep some forces there to deal with the Barbs and not move everything to the front. Also, this might help to give some action to those areas not so much affected by typical battle scenarios.

How slowly will years go? And what's the starting year?
The game will start in September 1939 and each plays will be 1 month. Proposed #turns: 243, which means ending in Dec 1959. They are not very realistic dates, are they? Any simple suggestions are welcome.

I'm not fussed really regarding the dates when we can declare war, but it may be unnecessary;
Do you think it is best to remove the restrictions completly? Hmmm.... good idea! :goodjob:
I don't think this will be a problem because Russia and USA are not really ready to attack. At least, not now (September 1939). I don't know what the military strength of those 2 nations will be in 1941 but in the beginning they are military weak.

Re raging Barbs - that makes sense, and I concur.

Re the restrictions - if they're not ready to attack, then it will make it a more organic situation, rather than waiting for a specific date. but, either way, I'm easy.

Yes, it seems we are almost ready! If there are no other proposal for changes... let's go!!!

Guys, just send me your emails and we can start!

I must say I have a doubt - Axis seems very strong at the beginning and I suspect even too strong. I've tried to balance it by giving increase research power to allies (USA and CW mainly) and also to hinder the initial production of oil-based units to the Axis but the Axis might still be too strong.

Anyway, the first few turns will be very exciting for Axis and very frustrating for the Allies! Let's us see if the Allies can turn this around!

Mitchum, I'm afraid so. But if we do need a replacement we'll contact you!

Guys, I've send you an email with all the contacts (title contains PBEM Blitz). Please check if you got it (and did not ended up in the junk folder) and please confirm your emails!

I suggest all have the following basic rules (valid for all 3 possitilities):
- The countries of the same player can not go to war amongst each other (USA can not attack Brazil nor China);
- Trade is free (Italy can trade with Brazil but Germany to be at war with Brazil);
- No country is forced to declare war;
- There are forced wars (described above in the thread)

We should decide between:

A – Axis vs Allies
- The following allies can not DoW (Declare War) on each other: Brazil, FR, USA, Britain, Norway, China.
- Russia can declare war freely. And can be attacked by anyone.
- The winner will be any player (with any of their nations) that owns any 7 the following VIP cities: Berlin, Rome, Tokyo, Paris, London, Cairo,Washington, Los Angeles, Moscow. If time runs out before the winner will be the player with more of the VIP cities (the 9 mentioned above).
- Russia will win if they hold at anytime any 4 of the following cities: Moscow, Berlin, Rome, Paris, Cairo, Tokyo.

B – Alternate history
- Nations can freely declare war (this includes FR DoW USA for instance)
- Russia can declare war freely. And can be attacked by anyone.
- There should be war alignment between the nations of the player. Don’t know exactly how to define this rule because of the definition of “ally”. But the idea would be that one player can not have 2 of it’s countries on different sides.
- The winner will be any player (with any of their nations) that owns any 7 the following VIP cities: Berlin, Rome, Tokyo, Paris, London, Cairo, Washington, Los Angeles, Moscow. If time runs out before the winner will be the player with more of the VIP cities (the cities mentioned above).
- Russia will win if they hold at anytime any 5 of the following cities: Moscow, Berlin, Rome, Paris, Cairo, Tokyo.

C – Total free game
- Nations can freely declare war;
- Players can declare war without general alignment (USA DoW Germany, Brazil DoW France)
- Winning will be attributed by the average victory points of the nations. So for me, my victory points would be the simple average of Norway, France and Britain (poor me). Theoretical Exception: if a country wins by domination the player of that country wins.

Estimated number of units in September 1939

#Units................Air........Naval
Germany............16..........12
Japan.................14..........25
USA.....................6..........17
Commonwealth...10..........30
Russia.................3............6

My turn as China has finished and Blitz file passed to Italy (The other Daniel)

Question:

Who's managing Argentina????????????? It appears being managed by human player... and Argentina isn't supposed to be managed by any human player!

Question:

Who's managing Argentina????????????? It appears being managed by human player... and Argentina isn't supposed to be managed by any human player!

oh, now I have realize that Luthor is twice as Player 0 too... but why Argentina too?

oh, now I have realize that Luthor is twice as Player 0 too... but why Argentina too?
I am the PROUD player of Argentina for 1 turn! :D

Why? Because I couldn't start the game without putting player #1 (Argentina) as human in the trials I did... as I am a (PBEM) noob it might be something that I wasn't doing right!

Anyway, I'll retire from Argentina next turn.

Ah, this means that this turn you have to send me the file after you play with USA! But then I'll retire and then on you'll play the 3 nations in a row.

We had warned Hitler that - in the event of any action which clearly threatened Polish independence - His Majesty's Government would feel themselves bound at once to lend the Polish Government all support in their power. We have given the Polish Government an assurance to this effect and, therefore, are now officially at war with the Axis!

We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask, what is our policy? I will say: It is to wage war, by sea, land, and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be.

In Paris the French have already achieved a great victory! The attacking French forces were wiped out without killing a German unit but morally the victory is ours as the Artillery 1st Battallion showed it's determination by putting up a magnificent fight against overwhelming odds!

Blitz sent to Argentina.

Game Update:
-China, United States, and Brazil has disappeared as countries.
-A new federal country has emerged integrated by United States, Brazil, and China; this new country has been called: Amesian Union.
-Amesian Union has signed peace with Japan.

In the Pacific, Japanese news sources report Victory on the main continent of Asia, with heavy losses experienced by French forces in Saigon, and a complete routing in Makassar of the interloping French forces. Hirohito repeats his promise to his people to drive the Europeans out from the region, using as much force as necessary. Footage of rallies around Japan demonstrate almost universal support for the current campaign on the mainland.

In Europe, Italy mobilises its troops, and the battle for Paris continues, with heavy shelling of the distinguished capital. Reinforces from England have bolstered the defending forces, but it may only be prolonging the inevitable, and has also left Britain open to attack.

Daniel Hitler is happy to announce that Poland, with some persuasion, has ceded to greater Germany, surrendering its right to independent government and joining the glorious third Reich.

In other news, the Apostolic Palace held elections for the first time, and the winner is...

Top Bottom