Blitzkrieg pack 3: Automobiles

Walter Hawkwood

RI Curator
Today's pack brings you some of the automobiles used by militaries of XX century.

Here you can see Opel Blitz and Studebaker US6, the two most prominent trucks of WW2.

Also present are two SUVs widely used by NATO and Eastern Block countries respectively: Mercedes G-Class (Gelandewagen) and UAZ-469.

Also present is not-so-military 70-ies style S-class Mercedes Benz.

The buttons are provided only for the trucks. Try using tank anims with all those.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12449

The two trucks could go into a WW2 mod (Asiox3 are you listening ?)

For the others it is a matter of the scenario, you could use the cars (not the mercedes) as reconaissance units past the explorer for example.

Thx for the pack :) I'll definetly find use of M-48 Patton and Studebaker. Could i request some if those units exist in Blitzkrieg? British armored car (for example Daimler Armored Car) and Panhard 178 and perhaps british truck.

The two trucks could go into a WW2 mod (Asiox3 are you listening ?)

Yeah :)

I'll check polycount of Opel Blitz by sharick and maybe replace it with this new one. But Studebaker defenitly have place in 1939 mod :)

British armored car was among my first priorities, so this one is well on the way. As for trucks, I believe there is no British-specific truck in-game. Bedford is just a retexture of a "generic" truck model (which I didn't convert, since it's lousy), and likewise French Citroen and Italian Fiat are just retextures. There are only three "real" trucks in Blitzkrieg: Studebaker, Opel Blitz (BTW, for some reason, Sharik's Opel looks nothing like that one) and ZIS (which is much like Sharik's, so I didn't convert it).

British armored car was among my first priorities, so this one is well on the way. As for trucks, I believe there is no British-specific truck in-game. Bedford is just a retexture of a "generic" truck model (which I didn't convert, since it's lousy), and likewise French Citroen and Italian Fiat are just retextures. There are only three "real" trucks in Blitzkrieg: Studebaker, Opel Blitz (BTW, for some reason, Sharik's Opel looks nothing like that one) and ZIS (which is much like Sharik's, so I didn't convert it).

Hi,

did you solve the problem of the AI not using these land transports?

Well, in TR we utilize them a bit differently. There is a simple "Infantry" unit, that you all know and love, with lots of flavors for each civ. And THEN there's an almost simultaneously available, but automobile-requiring (that's a factory produced resource) unit "Mobile infantry", which is exactly the same, but with 2 moves - and which looks like two of the same infantry figures and a truck. Of course, normal infantry can upgrade to mobile.

Here you go, three textures: two for more or less a ruined car (one more and one less rusty), and one for some added styling.

Attachments

• mercedes.rar
    23.9 KB · Views: 63
Top Bottom