1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Blood and Iron

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by snafusmith, Mar 6, 2011.

1. asioasioasio

asioasioasio Fallout Scrubber

Disbanding units by Ai is mayor problem in scenarios - try to add some promotions and experience to units- it'll much less likely disband units. Build more villages and towns to increase incomes, more buildings adding cash in the cities.

2. stolenrays

stolenrays Deity

3. admiralyork

admiralyork Chieftain

Okay, what am I doing wrong here. I really want to play this mod, but I can't open it.

I downloaded it to BTS/Mods folder.
    Extract the file.

Then start up Civ 4.
    Go to Advanced, Load mod, click on BloodandIron
    A few seconds later the Civ 4 BTS generic screen pops back up.
    It has the "Unload Mod" selection, but there is no mod.

Anyone else have this problem?

4. fireclaw722

fireclaw722 Imperial Guard

Other things that could be done is increase 'trade routes' buildings that start in the game. Also boosting civic's commerce and trade yield bonuses will help. I also added an industry(both light and heavy) which both add commerce. Also making the 'Designs' resource more valuble to tha AI, currently I can get it for free from any AI that is catious with.

5. stolenrays

stolenrays Deity

6. HahnHolio

HahnHolio Warlord

So, anyone still on this?
    i´d like to see this a bit more developed :)
    This mod gives me a CTD at random points in the game, which sadly gives a windowsexception and no Civ specific error code ... any ideas here?
    Thanks for y<our input and effort to finish this ^^

regards

HahnHolio

7. dankok8

dankok8 Elected World Leader

Hey don't tell me work on this is dead... :(

I played asdf's scenario. It is damn good but I have a few suggestions:
    1) The starting situation isn't historically accurate. The Ottomans didn't join the war until October and Serbia should be with the Entente from the begiinning. So Britain/France/Belgium/Russia/Serbia vs Germany/Austria-Hungary in August 1914.
    2) Increase all tech costs 5-10 fold... I played as Germany and finished the tech tree by December 1914.
    3) This scenario badly needs the historical events that bring the other nations into the war. Ottomans and Bulgaria join the Central Powers. Italy, Greece, Romania, Portugal, and US join the Entente. I hope asdf manages to sort out the errors with the events! :)

8. ashley26ph2003

ashley26ph2003 Prince

hi any latest about this?

9. HappyHenchman

HappyHenchman Chieftain

I cant get seem to get the mod to work :( i load civ4bts then i load blood and iron but all i get is a regular interface with blood and iron on the top right. Waited so long... :suicide:

10. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

The installation is probably wrong.
    Check the Blood & Iron folder.
    In this folder, there should be a folder "Assets", an .ini file, and probably some stuff more.
    If there is another Blood And Iron folder in the first one, then move everything from the second folder into the first folder. That should fix the problem.

11. HappyHenchman

HappyHenchman Chieftain

AHHHHHH! thank you so much! it works! :woohoo:

12. asdf10

asdf10 Chieftain

Work is not dead. I'm devoting most of my time on working out the crashes and bugs. Italy now joins the war but gets a CTD after end turn. Even the Arab revolts for the Ottomans have a bug. Arab units don't spawn. USA (non-playable) can now join the war. But they die out easily. I'll be uploading it soon. I'm going to need beta testers.

13. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

I might be able to help out with testing. I'm not much of a coder, unfortunately, otherwise I would have made myself available on that end. I remember working on late-spawning Civs showing up via python events (my WWII mod). It did work alright, but it was for an earlier version of BtS. Perhaps the python coding that I used may be of help here. It's been so long since I worked on this, I'm not sure I'd be able to pinpoint it for you (whether it's of any use in this case).

14. asdf10

asdf10 Chieftain

Thanks. Maybe I could take a peek at the python coding and try it. Do you have a link to you mod?

EDIT:
    NVM. I think it's in your signature.

15. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

Ayup... :D

16. ROTCkid

ROTCkid Chieftain

Help! I've downloaded the mod, but after I've uploaded it an error report appears saying GFC Error: failed to inititialize primary control theme. what do I do!? (also it's doing that for most of the mods i download)

17. Norm3

Norm3 Chieftain

Hi first time poster. Just downloaded this very interesting mod, however i can't seem to get it to run. Am i missing something?

18. HappyHenchman

HappyHenchman Chieftain

look at post #90 a little bit up the page

19. HappyHenchman

HappyHenchman Chieftain

Quality mod. Will it be usable as a multi-player mod?

20. lenin1917

lenin1917 Warlord

You seems to forget the 1917 Conscription Crisis in Canada ;)

and what about a tile flipping system, so when unit go on an enemy tile they can claim it? I think i already see a mod that use that :confused: