Blood and Iron

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by snafusmith, Mar 6, 2011.

1. dankok8

dankok8 Elected World Leader

Don't tell me this is dead... :(

2. dankok8

3. wotan321

wotan321 Emperor

:mischief: You asked us not to tell you.....

4. magnaspud

magnaspud Chieftain

download link is through megaupload :(

5. Crash757

Crash757 King

Rehost on some European server, please :) USA's goin' down the drain anyway, so better use other hosts ;)

6. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

7. ashley26ph2003

ashley26ph2003 Prince

hi does it have events?

8. dankok8

^^ I don't think it's finished.

I really hope someone finally makes a working scenario with events for this. I posted a lot of research info in this thread. It would be terrible to see such great work from on the mod go to waste! :(

9. c13Garrison

c13Garrison Warlord

Snafu, when I discovered that Blood and Iron existed last night I can't tell you how excited and thrilled I was. I am a student of military history, and the anglo-german naval race of 1890-1914 is my absolute favorite period. In fact I have a completed board-game that I designed about 15 years ago covering this exact period, in which the players design and construct their own warships, but I was convinced by a developer it would never sell more than 500 units. So when I confirmed that your MOD had pre-dreadnaughts I was ecstatic. Even if it was done with much more basic combat detail than I would prefer, at last there was a "naval building game" for my favorite period.

However, when I downloaded and placed it in the MOD folder, it starts to load the Blood and Iron and then at some point when it is initializing- and just as the first chord of music plays- it stops and crashes. Do you have any advice on how I might fix this? I'd be delighted if you- or anyone else- could assist me. -And I checked (regarding post 90 above), and Blood and Iron appears in the MODS folder correctly, and the sub folders and ini's are correctly present in the Blood and Iron folder.

Once again, thank you for addressing this period of history, and I very much hope I can soon start to enjoy the game.

Garrison

10. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

11. HappyHenchman

HappyHenchman Chieftain

it isn't really "finished" but it was close.

12. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

It is a huge shame that the actual 1914 scenario does not work for this mod. Everything in the mod itself is ALMOST done [pissed], it even creates nice WW1 atmosphere with customised mouse click sound and grayish colors for terrain. How is it possible to pay so much attention to the slightest details and not having a single working scenario? :sad:

13. amrod

amrod Warlord

Ah, I was worried the BIEurope1914 scenario only didn't work for me (CTD). (Why put it into the pack, then?) Do the others work?
    Also, Franz Joseph's default name is Luke :D

14. noblemperor

noblemperor Chieftain

I made a scenario for Europe taking place in Spring 1914. There are a few tweaks and additions, mainly there are no events because I can't code much and the costs for technologies don't make sense. :sad:

Attached Files:

15. noblemperor

noblemperor Chieftain

I made this scenario, taking place in Spring 1914. There are some things missing, mainly there are no events because I don't know how to code and the cost for technologies don't make sense. :sad:

16. Luthor_Saxburg

Luthor_Saxburg Vassal of Civilization

Thanks for your work, noblemperor! :)

The techs cost don't make sense but at least there is a workable scenario! (without the tech advancement working properly)

17. stolenrays

stolenrays Deity

Good job, I can tell you worked hard at it.

18. isenchine

isenchine Empress

dankok8, would you still have the "chart outlining army sizes for each individual faction at the outbreak of war"? The link is broken (Megaupload).

It would be for my adaptation of Jon Shafer's scenario on WWI: thread.

Thank you!

19. noblemperor

noblemperor Chieftain

I made the scenario to match historical accuracy to the best of my ability. All of the ground troops represented are equal to 1 division each, all of the naval vessels are 1 ship apiece except for smaller boats such as torpedo boats, which I made one unit represent 3 or 5 (I don't remember) because some nations had hundreds of them and logistically it would be a mess. The scenario is Spring 1914, there are no mobilization of troops by anyone. The British expeditionary force did not arrive in France till after the war started and almost no one had and air units. At the time, the United States had a whopping 3 divisions, but were spread out across the nation; For placement purposes, I used the headquarters for the 3 div: NY and 2 in Tx. Britain and other nations did not have a gigantic military, so nations did not have "200" destroyers.

I tried to the best of my research to have an accurate number and placement of troops on the map by all nations. Some nations documented such things very well, others not so much... :crazyeye: City demographics attempt to reflect historical accuracy as well.

20. isenchine

isenchine Empress

Thanks, good job, I'll have a closer look. :scan: