Blood Mod

seZereth

FfH´s art monk(ey)
Have yet to test it in-game (applied it to our mod), but one question arises - are you planning to release this for Warlords-units (Chinese archer and Celtic chariot anims are especially popular Warlords anims), or at least make a tutorial of how to add blood splashes to animations?

@The_Coyote

Thanks, I guess I will try and edit the rest of the anims myself.

@seZereth

After seeing the effect in-game, I believe that it's too fast-paced; it just flashes by - I think real blood splash would be a little more persistant. Slowing the effect by 25 to 50% would probably do the trick, and make it look more natural (and I know how it can probably be easily accomplished by editing <fUpdateRate>1.0</fUpdateRate>, just wanted to share my thoughts with everyone).

Here's what I got with my settings; bear in mind that they're not what was initially specified by seZereth. I slowed the splash anim down to 0.2 of original, and I also made it twice smaller (so original size might have looked more spectacular).

@ Walter Hawkwood; what mod are those screens from? That looks cool.

From our mod, Total Realism. But neither the terrain, nor the units themselves haven't been released, as they're from the upcoming version. But if it's the terrain you like, it's a mix of FfH2 terrain and Chuggi's Improved graphics with some color and brightness adjustment on my side, nothing really new. As for the units, if we take longer than expected to release, I might as well release some units/buildings separately.

From our mod, Total Realism. But neither the terrain, nor the units themselves haven't been released, as they're from the upcoming version. But if it's the terrain you like, it's a mix of FfH2 terrain and Chuggi's Improved graphics with some color and brightness adjustment on my side, nothing really new. As for the units, if we take longer than expected to release, I might as well release some units/buildings separately.

Sorry for changing the thread topic, but for what civs are those units?

Answering with a PM, to prevent any further derailing.

Guys and gals, the blood mod really is worth it. Try it! It's easy to install, and offers almost instant gratification.

OK i tried this out and looks great and all, but when you go from the game to Main Menu it CRASHES??? Around turn 113.

I tried a game before blood spatter (no crash) etc, then same game with blood spatter (it crashes)??

Blood splatter shouldn't affect that at all. It is just an effect added to unit animations. It can't be affecting anything like that.

Then why did mine crash, i got the same mod, i left that normal, at turn 113, then i fought and then immediately went to Main Menu and it was fine.

Then i placed the blood splatter in the units and Misc(effects) etc, in the same mod and same turn, the fight was fine, but when i went to Main Menu it crashed to desktop, each and every time and other mods i put blood splatter in, when i go to Main Menu?? But as soon as i take out the blood splatter, everything was normal again??

Top Bottom