Blowing bridges.

nzcamel

Nahtanoj the Magnificent
With how much of a barrier rivers are in Civ 6; I think engineers should be able to use a charge to blow up one bridge (or, later in the game where many bridges are close together, all the bridges in the tile the engineer is in and the surrounding six tiles). Yes, cavalry units aren't too bothered by this; but the rest of any assembling army will be slowed down noticeably.

The bridge should stay down with any existing trade routes not rebuilding it; until the owner of the territory deliberately sends a new trade unit along that path. Or possibly another engineer charge could repair the bridge.

This will be thematic, and help defenders more than attackers (assuming conquest is OP).

As long as the road you pillage is adjacent to a river, any bridges crossing from it are destroyed @Galvatron ?
Of course even if that is the case; this is something I mostly envision happening defensively. i.e. remind me - can you pillage roads in your territory?

You can't do it in your territory, unfortunately. I noticed that before which makes it less useful.

But yeah the bridges are disabled. They still appear, but without a road on both sides they're useless.

So what I'm suggesting isn't present in the game. It would make it clear graphically that a bridge is disabled; and you could do it in your own territory to slow the advance of an invading army. Possibly rather than every bridge in the 7 hexes under and around the engineer being effected; you could choose which of the bridges in that zone were blown, to give you better control of how that effects you.

Top Bottom