1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue Circles?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by agoodfella, Oct 28, 2005.

1. agoodfella

agoodfella Prince

Whenever I build a settler, I get these blue circles on the map... are they supposed to indicate ideal "build" sites, cause if they are, they seem to be very random.

Anyone know?

2. Drogear

Drogear Prince

yes they are suppossed to be ideal city loactions. Personaly I ignore them and get the spot thats optimal for me.

3. ShoGuL

ShoGuL Chieftain

Read Sulla's walkthrough - its where the game suggests that you place your settler =)

GAH, It's so hard to stay happy when I probably wont have the game till the 7th!!!

4. Shillen

Shillen Deity

Sometimes they're good, but usually not. They seem to value optimum tile useage with minimum distance to capital over resources. Which is wrong.

5. TerraHero

TerraHero Terranigma Guru

You also get them with a worker. They seem to be just suggestions, and far from optimal sometimes. Suggesting i build a windmill on a hill, while the city needed production and was doing enough with food.

i tend to find them ahndy because they all signil within a cities work range, so then its alot easer to spot unworked tiles in a cities radius.

6. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Emperor

can you turn them off, btw... Right now I find them sort of helpful occasionally (for workers, not for settlers), but that'll change with time...

agreed!

7. warpstorm

warpstorm Yumbo? Yumbo!

Yeah, it's where the AI would put the settler, but I've usually found it to optimize on resources.

8. Poisos

Poisos Chieftain

Of course you can turn it of. Look up the game options. There should be an option like "No location suggestions" or something like that (I just got the game yesterday and only played 4 hours :). So I can't remember EVERYTHING ;) ).

9. evil_linus

evil_linus Chieftain

They're also shown around goody huts if you have a military unit selected. I think they're quite helpful because it abit easier to "see" stuff.. :) But that's maybe just now in the beginning, before I've gotten really used to both the graphics and the interface.

10. Knight451

Knight451 Chieftain

Has anyone figured out how to turn off the blue circles yet? I looked in the options and can't find a setting that would allow you to turn them off. If there is a way to shut them off via xml that would be fine also. Thanks.