Blue Jeanz Civilization

edge363

Chieftain
I have focused the errors to these log files! I just do not know how to fix them. I will be posting a zip file of the entire thing fairly shortly. IF anybody can translate this to me in a more understandable way I would love to hear it.

[(ex.)[1362316.328] Database::XMLSerializer (XML/civilization/BlueJeanians.xml): Duplicate column names detected in <Row>. Name: PortraitIndex, Value: 6
This means you have a error with your potrait index, and you need to do_____ to fix it.]

[1362316.328] Database::XMLSerializer (XML/civilization/BlueJeanians.xml): Duplicate column names detected in <Row>. Name: PortraitIndex, Value: 6
[1362316.328] columns Language, Tag are not unique
[1362316.328] While executing - 'insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[1362316.328] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') with values (TXT_KEY_CIV_CELT_ADJECTIVE, jeanian, ).
[1362316.328] In XMLSerializer while updating table Language_en_US from file XML/new Text/textForMod.xml.
[1362316.359] columns Language, Tag are not unique

I think I attached the file to this post!!!

Please guys! I am sorry if this is a really basic problem. I have looked through log files a few times and I continually make changes to the files all the time. I just cannot get it to function correctly and it is really bugging me. If anybody helps me I'll send hugs and kisses there way. Pinky promise<3

Attachments

• RandonsMod (v 1).zip
    299.5 KB · Views: 36
Moderator Action: The New Civilizations sub-forum is for completed new civilizations only. All requests for help, queries and works-in-progress should go in the main Creation and Customisation forum. I've moved this thread there. Additionally, I've merged the three posts together, as they were made a short time between each other without response.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Hey edge!
You may not define the same tag twice. That's why you get the unique error.

Your problem is, that there already is a line called <Row="Tag="TXT_KEY_CIV_CELT_ADJECTIVE"> (your error in textForMod.xml).

Change the tag to "TXT_KEY_CIV_BLUEZ_ADJECTIVE" or something you like to use and don't forget to replace it in BlueJeanians.xml, too.

Hope, that helps.

PS: There are two <PortraitIndex> in BlueJeanians.xml. Delete one.

PPS: You're going to get an error in Civ5TextureAtlases.xml - better delete line 25. ;)

Your DDS files aren't set VFS=true and "Civ5TextureAtlases.xml" does not have an "OnModActivated > UpdateDatabase" action.
Code:
    <File md5="4ACB4E6D9452BEF9858D84DDD5B1060E" import="0">Art/jeanz128.dds</File>
    <File md5="1AE1C91024D15D5965AA78D8C65C56D2" import="0">Art/jeanz256.dds</File>
    <File md5="0099F0B0D1F8F9F11D02704D059B3D73" import="0">Art/jeanz32.dds</File>
    <File md5="827392A2D0D4ACC4F348C7DB2FBC2340" import="0">Art/jeanz45.dds</File>
    <File md5="4BCCAA1116DCF8974049C03BD3FFBC1E" import="0">Art/jeanz64.dds</File>
    <File md5="D42ECBC69112ECD1AEE4C552BB4340B9" import="0">Art/jeanz80.dds</File>
See whoward69's what ModBuddy setting for what file types tutorial for info on what file types require what kind of settings in ModBuddy and how to make those required settings.

......................................................................................................................................

I think SepticStreets caught all or most of the following:

(1) Repeat Column commands causing file discard.
If you repeat a column within a <Row> -- </Row> pair, the game will error out on and discard the entire file where this occurs.
(a) Here you have repeated the two columns <PortraitIndex> and <IconAtlas>
Code:
	<Civilizations>
		<Row>
			<Type>CIVILIZATION_CELT</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_CIV_CELT_DESC</Description>
			<ShortDescription>TXT_KEY_CIV_CELT_SHORT_DESC</ShortDescription>
			<Adjective>TXT_KEY_CIV_CELT_ADJECTIVE</Adjective>
			<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV_CELT_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
			<CivilopediaTag>TXT_KEY_CIV5_CELT</CivilopediaTag>
			<DefaultPlayerColor>PLAYERCOLOR_DARK_GREEN</DefaultPlayerColor>
			<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND</ArtDefineTag>
			<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_EUROPEAN</ArtStyleType>
			<ArtStyleSuffix>_EURO</ArtStyleSuffix>
			<ArtStylePrefix>EUROPEAN </ArtStylePrefix>
[COLOR="Red"]			<PortraitIndex>0</PortraitIndex>
			<IconAtlas>CIV_COLOR_ATLAS_LEGENDS</IconAtlas>
			<PortraitIndex>6</PortraitIndex>
			<IconAtlas>CIV_COLOR_ATLAS</IconAtlas>[/COLOR]
			<AlphaIconAtlas>CIV_ALPHA_ATLAS</AlphaIconAtlas>
			<MapImage>MapEngland512.dds</MapImage>
			<DawnOfManQuote>TXT_KEY_CIV5_CELT_TEXT_1</DawnOfManQuote>
			<DawnOfManImage>DOM_Elizabeth.dds</DawnOfManImage>
		</Row>
	</Civilizations>
(2) Lack of Spy Names with G&K abd BNW
If your civilization is to used in G&K and/or BNW you need at least 9 (I believe it is 9) spy names assigned to the civ or it will cause game crash on entering the Renaissance era​
(3) Lack of Uniques
Every Civilization requires at least 2 Uniques. This requirement is absolute and fixed. You cannot eliminate this requirement. This can be any combination of Buildings and Units for Vanilla*, and any combination of Buildings, Units, or Improvements for G&K and BNW. The Civ will still load properly (more of less ) without these two uniques, but without them the GAME SET-UP screen will not allow a player to scroll through the list of leaders for choosing who to play as for a new game.​
(4) Incorrect References
You have incorrect references within your <IconTextureAtlases> table in file "Civ5TextureAtlases.xml". The incorrect references are shown in red. You would need to change them to "jeanz128.dds", etc. You'll also need to eliminate the line shown in SeaGreen that came from doing direct copy of text from Kael's guide. Also you'll want something more unique for your <Atlas> name than CIV_COLOR_ATLAS_LEGENDS because it seems that every 1st time modder copies this atlas name to use.
Spoiler :
Code:
<GameData>
	<IconTextureAtlases>
		<Row>
			<Atlas>CIV_COLOR_ATLAS_LEGENDS</Atlas>
			<IconSize>256</IconSize>
			<Filename>[COLOR="red"]CivSymbolsColorLegends256.dds[/COLOR]</Filename>
			<IconsPerRow>8</IconsPerRow>
			<IconsPerColumn>8</IconsPerColumn>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<IconSize>128</IconSize>
			<Filename>[COLOR="red"]CivSymbolsColorLegends128.dds[/COLOR]</Filename>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<IconSize>80</IconSize>
			<Filename>[COLOR="red"]CivSymbolsColorLegends80.dds[/COLOR]</Filename>
			[COLOR="seagreen"]T h e M o d d e r s G u i d e t o C i v i l i z a t i o n V - P a g e | 35[/COLOR]
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<IconSize>64</IconSize>
			<Filename>[COLOR="red"]CivSymbolsColorLegends64.dds[/COLOR]</Filename>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<IconSize>45</IconSize>
			<Filename>[COLOR="red"]CivSymbolsColorLegends45.dds[/COLOR]</Filename>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<IconSize>32</IconSize>
			<Filename>[COLOR="red"]CivSymbolsColorLegends32.dds[/COLOR]</Filename>
		</Row>
	</IconTextureAtlases>
</GameData>

* I think this bit is true. I really can't remember now if Unique Improvements were used in Vanilla.

A couple more notes.

There is a missing ">" in this code in the civilization file at the end of <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_PALACE</BuildingClassType

Code:
<Civilization_FreeBuildingClasses>
		<Row>
			<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_CELT</CivilizationType>
			[COLOR="Red"]<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_PALACE</BuildingClassType[/COLOR]
		</Row>
	</Civilization_FreeBuildingClasses>

I'm not sure how the game will react to using Elizabeth as a leader. You are assigning the same leader to 2 civs; this could be a problem as well.

I'm not sure how the game will react to using Elizabeth as a leader. You are assigning the same leader to 2 civs; this could be a problem as well.
Actually the game seems not to care so much about that.

Thank you guys so much! I am going to go and fix all of that right now! I feel the love<3 and if any of you wanna play please let me know<3 my steam is edge363:king::goodjob:

I would also like to ask you guys about something. Is it possible to add culture to city connections? Like you can with happiness? or any other stat for that matter.

Okay, so these errors were actually errors on an older build I created...The actual issue was that the mod in the game, was an older version. Weird, I fixed it by just changing the mod Id and deleting the old mod. It reloaded it, and now the icon pictures I made are wrong, which is a lot easier to deal with. Thank you for all of the help!

So I am going to upload the modern version. I am now having many many problems with getting the .dds files to work. I do not understand what is wrong, and could you guys throw out some common errors? Is there any way to bypass having my own icon and just get the mod to work? (I would much rather have them :D) ALSO!!! how do you update the version in game if you make changes in modbuddy?

I would also like to mention there are probably still errors in the xml! I promise I am spending several hours everyday to try and fix them all, but I am in college and have a job. So I would like leh helps. Sorry if I am being overly needy. I'm just really excited to make some cool material.

Is anybody gonna help?:(

Attachments

• Randon.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
Top Bottom