Blue Marble on windows 11

Prier10

Chieftain
I'm trying to load Civ 4 on my new laptop but I can't get the Blue Marble and the Buffy Mod to load. I'm playing th disk version of the game and I'm transferring the game from my Windows 10 laptop via a flash drive. Any advice on how to get those mods to transfer as well?

You should just be able to install them as normal, I use them on Windows 11 with no issue.
That's what i was hoping for, especially since I'm just copying the game and transferring it to the new unit, but the only thing that loads is the plain version of the game. I'm also getting the "system doesn't meet minimum requirements" error as well.

That's what i was hoping for, especially since I'm just copying the game and transferring it to the new unit, but the only thing that loads is the plain version of the game. I'm also getting the "system doesn't meet minimum requirements" error as well.
Try reinstalling BM. If that does not work, trying reinstalling the game. BM is partially loaded into Custom Assets folder which is likely clean on the new machine.

That error is not uncommon. Ignore it.

Try reinstalling BM. If that does not work, trying reinstalling the game. BM is partially loaded into Custom Assets folder which is likely clean on the new machine.

That error is not uncommon. Ignore it.
I'll give it a try after work and I'll make more detailed notes on the errors I'm getting. Thanks!

Not sure what this means but as Lymond says you should do a proper install.
I believe that I have read here on the forums that since the 3.19 patch one could basically copy the game files from older computers and just load them into the new computers with a flash drive. Is this not correct?

I believe that I have read here on the forums that since the 3.19 patch one could basically copy the game files from older computers and just load them into the new computers with a flash drive. Is this not correct?
I recall a couple times folks mentioned something like that, but I've never done it nor would I ever copy a game over to another computer. I'm not sure what success they actually had with that procedure. You do have the registry as well, and not sure if that gets updated with a copy.

I do know that with 3.19, BTS should not require the disk to run.

No that I'm aware of no as you won't have the right registry entries etc.

If you already have the game installed though from another source than those registry entries will be there. And you can safely paste over the folder.

If you already have the game installed though from another source than those registry entries will be there. And you can safely paste over the folder.
Thanks for all the input. I haven't had the time yet to sit down and focus only on getting the game and mods installed. I did get Blue Marble installed tho. In what little time I've tried this week I haven't been able to get the 3.19 patch to install or the Buffy mod. I'm using the Civ 4 Complete disk. Will it be any easier to install if i just go ahead and purchase the GoG or Steam versions? I just wanna play Civ!!! haha

Thanks for all the input. I haven't had the time yet to sit down and focus only on getting the game and mods installed. I did get Blue Marble installed tho. In what little time I've tried this week I haven't been able to get the 3.19 patch to install or the Buffy mod. I'm using the Civ 4 Complete disk. Will it be any easier to install if i just go ahead and purchase the GoG or Steam versions? I just wanna play Civ!!! haha
If ya want it easier, I'd go with the GOG version. (I use steam version myself, although I have others). For the GOG version, you will just need some registry update or something. Just pm @Noble Zarkon for that code.

Complete usually goes on sale for around 7 bucks, so I'd keep an eye out for a sale.

If ya want it easier, I'd go with the GOG version. (I use steam version myself, although I have others). For the GOG version, you will just need some registry update or something. Just pm @Noble Zarkon for that code.

Complete usually goes on sale for around 7 bucks, so I'd keep an eye out for a sale.
I definitely want it to be as simple as possible. If the GoG version is compatible with the few mods I'm interested in then that's the way I'll go. Thanks!

Top Bottom