1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue Marble V4.0 Gold

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by ColdFever, Oct 18, 2008.

1. JECTX

JECTX Chieftain

I searched the BtS folder for .dds files and none of them are modified after 2008 so I don't think the installer worked...

2. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Wanted to test it now, and noticed that i don't have it on my HDD, and my connection is to unreliable to let me download anything bigger (sometimes not even small PDFs).
    So sorry :(, i have to give the "ball" here to someone else.

3. JECTX

JECTX Chieftain

That's alright. Thanks for the attention to my problem. Shogun 2 will capture my attention until some else takes the ball

4. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

Please? Anyone got a solution to above problem? I really want BM...

5. OnmyojiOmn

OnmyojiOmn Prince

Am I going crazy, or was the 3.00 installer updated to remove the text/background tab?

6. JECTX

JECTX Chieftain

I ended up fixing my problem by reinstalling the whole game, expansions and all. And then Blue Marble worked. Idk if this is something you want to try but it worked for me.

7. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

I may really want it but I don't think it's that essential for me :). Thanks anyway.
    EDIT: DLing BAT turned out to be a good option for me :) That has BM included anyway. Thanks everyone for all the help anyway :)

8. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

Uh, is there a place I can get a zipped format download instead of an installer?

9. karadoc

karadoc AI programmer

You could try this. I haven't actually tested that rar myself though.

Alternatively, you could use the file that I'm attaching to this post. It contains just a reduced set of Blue Marble files - it's basically just the terrain graphics; no interface themes or leader-head changes. This is the file that I use on my own Civ4 installations. I like the Blue Marble terrain, but I don't really like the other stuff.
    (edit: by the way, this should be unzipped into custom assets)

Attached Files:

• art.7z
      File size:
      9 MB
      Views:
  10. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

Cool, thanks, that's all I wanted, the terrain stuff.

11. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

Karadoc, I don't even need to bother with adding any of the folders save terrain right?

12. karadoc

karadoc AI programmer

Well, most of the folders are actually empty - so you certainly don't need to add those. But there is some other stuff outside of "terrain" that you will probably want. For example, in the "structures" folder there are some graphics for farms (plot improvements).

I'm not really sure exactly what else in there. I've forgotten. But I'd suggest you just copy the whole thing unless there are specific things you don't want to change.

Or, if you like, you can try it with just the terrain stuff and see how it looks.

13. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

I assume no ART_DEF's need to be changed, right?

14. karadoc

karadoc AI programmer

Correct. Simply unzipping the stuff into custom assets should be all that's required.

15. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

*Assets, this is for my mod.

Thanks Karadoc, great mod you have btw

16. karadoc

karadoc AI programmer

Thanks. I appreciate it. :)
    I encourage you (and others) to try the latest version (which was released a couple of days ago). The AI has really lifted their game.

17. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

Sure, thanks for the heads up

18. Akbarthegreat

Akbarthegreat Angel of Junil

It says that it can't find the civ4.exe file, and when I search for it in my folder[via the installer] I am unable to get it. And will this work with RevolutionDCM?

19. Heathcliff

Heathcliff Warlord

Hi. I've been using the BM for some years now, but I feel like I need a change so I've decided to go back to the vanilla graphics.

But I cannot find any uninstall instructions here...
    Does anyone know how you uninstall BM?

20. karadoc

karadoc AI programmer

Well, I don't actually use the normal install of BM. (I use a single-file version which I made ages ago; which is available here.) -- but from memory, I think all the BM files are basically just dumped into the custom assets folder.

So to uninstall, just delete everything in custom assets. (eg. if you are on Windows 7, custom assets will be in c:\Users\[your username]\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets - just delete everything in there.)

However, be warned that if you happen to have some other mod stuff in your custom assets (for example, maybe you have BUG installed there). then you'll either have to take some care to avoid deleting that, or just delete it and reinstall or something like that. (I bet you're wishing you used the single-file version! ;))