BNH03- Iroquios Revenge on the Pale Skins... An AWM challenge

BigNHuge said:
How about HBR and MW? They can :hammer: Cathy fast and they better for protecting cause they have 2 movement.
yes.
but do we want a despot GA?
i would rather get to it after we are in monarchy.
OTH - it would take us a VERY long time to get there.
let get WHEEL after IW.
that way we see if we have close horses, and can discuss further.

I advocate Wheel so we can get a read on horses. Our economy is coming along nicely so picking up some of the AA techs shouldn't take too long.

MP's are needed so pushing out a warrior here and there isn't a bad idea.

We do have some nice territory. The workers will get us vet archers, and more, at a nice pace with a few roads and mines.

ArrivesQuiteLate

Good, with a little worry!

Pre turn - change those 2 builds that were talked about. All else looks fine!

1475 = Grand river. Worker > Worker. Let Niagra have the Sugar, new worker to speed mine, then go roading. Not much more to see here.

1450 = Salamanca Archer > Settler. Curragh spots a new border on our continent! Whether to meet the neighbours or not... There's a channel to another continent so I say not!

IBT - Barb warrior appears near Fish-Oil springs.

1425 = Cattaragus. Worker > Worker. Can get IW with less science without losing time. Do this! > Lux for Salamanca.

1400 = Allegheny Rax > Archer. Tonawanda Founded > Worker. Mine finishes. GL due in only 90 now! Woot!

1375 (5) IW to Wheel in 5 with +5 GPT. Nice. Realise I can MM allegheny to get 3 shields instead of 2... faster archers.

1350 - Salamanca Settler > Archer. Fish-Oil Archer kills Barb now it's off the mountains. Spot a new blue border on the new continent. Not backtracking, so lets say hello.

1325 - Meet the blues. It's France. 3 cities and some wine. They look lonely... Willing to trade Masonry, The Wheel, Cem Burial and 40 Gold for Writing. Woot! Underneath they have maths and mystic. Can get mystic for philo, but we can have it ourselves in no time. They want Philo and 80 for maths. Sod that. Dow! Set for Mysticism in 5 at +5. Could have it in 4 at +1, but prefer the 20 Gold.

IBT - Dutch build colossus. Just for us. How sweet. :D

1300 (8) - Fish oil. Worker > Curraghhhh. Move to chop forest and see a Barbie Horse. Move archer to cover. Can see more furs near the ones we've got. Good.

IBT - Poo! That horseman moves to threaten the worker and fish oil. Didn't see that.

1275 (9) - Salamanca Archer > Settler. Temp Lux > 30 to stop Niagra rioting. Start moving a warrior from Salamanca to MP. GL in 56 now! Fish oil worker hides. Furry Mauch Chunk founded. > Worker

IBT - Barb moves into our lands. Get the FP pop up.

1250BC - fish oil archer kills barb horse, taking 1 damage. Worker > Wood for a chop then Road. Going to waste a shield now... MP arrives. Lux > 20%. A slight push on the sci slider and Mystic drops from 2 to 1 at +3. 4 turn research. Cool!

Notes:

Not sure where to send the next settler. Getting the other furs would be my first thought. Another town towards Russia might be too far out to defend.

Irrigate Allegney and it'll be a nice little military builder.

Pushing out workers at our less productive towns. Figure we need roads inwards and developed tiles ASAP. Feel free to change this if you think we'll have too many. Luxury hook ups are going to rock!

Most peaceful AW I've seen. Not a sniff of an enemy unit in our turns. Wonder if Russia is fighting someone else.

Hope I didn't do bad not meeting the new civ on our continent. Figured it'd be pretty easy to do later and we're still expanding with a weak military, so felt we could do without more fighting.

The worry is resources. Only Iron I can see is in a jungle between Russia and the unmet civ. Can't see any horses. :eek: Still. Some terrain left to poke around I guess.

Have fun!

PrancesONWolves did quite nicely.

just one question. you mentioned trades.
cant remmember if were ALLOWED trades (no initial trades, etc) but i could be wrong.
[edit] checked. no mention of no initial trades.
i'll go whisper into some filly's ear now. :mischief:

not meeting the others for now is just mighty fine. we have about 50 turns till we want to meet them, and i guess well meet them sooner.

NO HORSES :eek: :suicide: must get those. NOW.
we need to scout out in force and find some.
use suicide squads if needed.

about the Iron... i wouldnt worry too much. when we get our Mounties, well have all the AIron we can use.

you did declare on france right?

Indeed!

Traded with them - just tech + cash for tech, no GPT or 20 turn stuff. Declared on them directly afterwards.

That is the AW way to do things, as far as I know?

Hope I wasn't wrong? Can replay if I was?

Proud Iroquios Warriors:
TriviAL (Prancesonwolves)
MjM (Wannahawkaloogie) - UP
Soul Warrior (Whisperer to Horses)
Durkz (Thunderchaser)
BigNHuge (Chief PlaysWithSquirrels)
JB1964 (ArrivesQuiteLate)​

I thought standard AW rules allowed trading (techs & gold, ixnay on the gpt deals) after initial contact.

I would have done the same thing. Nice set of turns.

With resources as they are (zilch iron and horses) we should keep improving the territory to pump gangs of archers.

I'm a little nervous that the other continent is only separated by costal waters.

Arrivesquitelate M.M.

jb1964 said:
I'm a little nervous that the other continent is only separated by costal waters.

Arrivesquitelate M.M.

Hey! It is crossable in a trimeme... sure we'll be seeing those French guys sometime soon. At least they didn't have mapmaking yet! :)

I think we should send some spears down to mountains near cathy if there are any to get some free kills

Hi!

Off on holiday in a couple of days... Heading for the sunny Greek island of Kos. :) Hoping it's good and no demands from Alexander?

Then a weekend of family stuff.

Anyway, I'll probably not be around again until 31st July, so skip me until then.

Hope it all goes well! :)

TriviAL (Prancesonwolves) - Skipped till July 31st
MjM (Wannahawkaloogie) - UP
Soul Warrior (Whisperer to Horses) - Whispering to a Pinto
Durkz (Thunderchaser) - Getting healed up from being hit by lightning
BigNHuge (Chief PlaysWithSquirrels) - Looking for his lost squirrel
JB1964 (ArrivesQuiteLate) - Still isnt here! (Gasp!)

Have fun in Greece. See if we can get some fine Greek Gems for Map Making ;)

BigNHuge said:
I think we should send some spears down to mountains near cathy if there are any to get some free kills

If we place spears on the mountains near Cathy's territory, or in it, is it likely that she'll attack? I've not noticed that the AI's are bent on clearing defenders off mountaintops.

@MjM, how goes?

i can too, but to play tomorow night

turn0-1250 BC I find that Archer in furry should be moved east for barb hunting and move him.

turn1-1225 BC move Furry archer to the barb camp (only one warrior inside). Move the wounded archer to explore north of our continet. Grand river>Worker>worker. Start reasearch on poly (in 12). I expect some of the other unmet civilisations have HBR so we can trade for it because it's cheap.

turn2-1200 BC Attacked the barb camp. easy 25g. Starting to mine that gold hill. Sallamanca settler>archy. Moving settler to that hill south of Tonawanda. Archy on the north reveals some mountains and some tundra (no horses).

IBT: our couragh got attacked by a barb galley. survives with 2 hP.

turn3 1175 BC Not much...

turn4 1150 BC Spoted a blue border on the other continet. It's spain but contatact is inposible in this turn. some worker jobs, some exploring noting interesting realy.

turn5 1125 BC Contacted spain they have HBR and MATH ,they dont know lit an phil, and only 3 cities in total. Trade philosopy for MATH and HBR. Declared on them!

turn6 1100 BC Some exploring not much. two barb camps (one north one south).

turn7 1075 BC Not attacking barb camps as both archers are injured. Cattle on the plain w part of river.

IBT: furry archer dies to a barb horseman.

turn8 1050 BC North archer gets us 25g from a b-camp. Founded ThunderFort on a hill. One more archer is moving south to grab more land and to limit Russia expanding.

turn9 1025 BC Not much....
IBt: Catherine wants to speak with us... I say "Go play with squirls"

turn10 1000BC poly in one. Moved one Archy to a barb camp. No sign of Iron or Horses.

1000BC Stats

towns 9
Pop 23
9 workers, one settler, one curragh, three warriors, nine archers
Techs All but: Cur, CoL, Con, Rep, MM, mon, (poly in one)
Firaxis score: 205

notes to the next player:
*Keep setllenig to the south so that russians are blocked.
*Do not contacte the dutch, because they are on the same continets as we.
*maintain archer/settler fac in our capital
*continue reasearching to Monarchy (full speed), furs and dyes will be connected soon so we can drop the lux slider to 0 and max out our monarchy.
*make sure that there are no barb camps near our land when we hit MA
*Catherine is in bad shape i have not seen any of her units during my ten turns
*NO Horses or Iron

Top Bottom