BNH03- Iroquios Revenge on the Pale Skins... An AWM challenge

turn0 350 bc- going to revolt right now (hoping for a short anarchy). O RNG spirits, make our a-y be short. O RNG spirits... [*Chanting*]. Grrrrrrrrrr stupid spirits wait till i get my hands on you (6 turn a-y).

IBT: Some dutch archers apear, One dutch archer dies to our 3/4 archer :p . We get construction from the GL.

turn1 330 bc- connected gems. Moved catapults to chief. we have a lot of wounded archers so i retreat (waiting to heal some of them and to counter). Grrr hate a-y no builds no money & Reasearch. Now where is that Squirl

turn2 310 bc- not much. 4/4 archer kills 3/3 archer but down to 1/4. 4/5 A kills 3/3 A down to 3/5 (no leader).

turn3 290 bc- killed one archer and one spear in the jungle. 3 turns more in a-y.

Ibt: spanish are building SoZ.

turn4 270 Bc- not much killed one spear.

turn5 250 bc-one archer dies to a spear (down to 1/3) spear is easyly killed

by our eArcher (no leader). tracking one dutch archer who went west
towards the peninsula.

IBT: our eArcher kills rArcher while defending.

turn6 230 bc We become monarchy woohoo. Founded ShinyRock on the gems.

turn7 210 bc-just noticed this but who irrigated grass in despo (they are useless). We are Monarchy now so NM. pushing forward in hope to locate horses. killed one spear. Killed barb camp. Dutch border apear.

turn8 190 bc-not much some movement.

IBT: English finished pyramids. Archer apear out of that new discoverd city.

turn9 170 bc- Attacked that archer (that came out of a city) and HORSES REVEAL THEMSELFS NEAR IT!!!
turn10 150 bc- nearing the eindhoven (horseville) with a pack of archers.

Notes for the next player

*Move a pack of native workers so they can build roads toward iron and horses.
*Dutch are rather weak an pose almost no treat to us, because of this we should build more settler from tose archer producing towns so we can settle the empty space and connect our reasources.
*Eindhoven should be ressetled as fast as possible we want those MW and a GA.
*Bah... this is an easy game, duch are the best civ behind us and yet they are so weak...

I might have irrigated to bring irrigation to another tile, then forgot to mine the tile

Nice turn set Durkz. Thanks for revolting.

Horses!

Have we seen any horsemen out of the Dutch? And I can't imagine that there's a single source of iron for this entire landmass, if so that's quite cruel, so we should expect a sword or two. Even so, it would appear that Henry's spat w/ Cathy has left him weak.

I'm now pleased that the other landmass is easily reached so we can start exporting pain before they get a chance to pull ahead in tech past the usefullness of the GL.

BTW, I don't think Spain or England have shipped us any units to date. Maybe they're at each other's throat as well?

Nice turns... :)

Yay for the horsies! Glad we didn't have to trek much further for them.

Call this a got it, but I have to go to bed now... got work tomorrow. :( Hopefully have it back around 24 hours from now!

Edit: Thanks for the notes, those all sound like good ideas!

Hi there... It's done.

Pre turn - Change Salamanca and Allegheny to settlers. Tiny bit of MM. Nix research. We have the GLib!

IT - lose wounded elite spear to Dutch archer

130BC (turn 1) - keep pushing out workers for roading/jungle clear? Netherlands has COL. Some stuff auto moves... In sensible directions I guess. :)

IT - Spanish Trimeme looking furtive.

110BC Decide to keep some archers near the coast... Just in case.

IT - Dutch want peace. Wimps.

90BC Spain shows currency. Barb hunt. Decide to switch Fish n Chips and South Centralia to libraries - can pull in lots of useful land with a little culture. Fish Oil and Niagra Falls and Grand River go for harbours to produce Trimemes for our invasion of the other lands.

RNG is funny... Lose 2 archers to a settler/spear combo on grasslands. Then we get:

Yay!

70 BC - Repel a spanish naval assault. 1 Warrior. :goodjob:

50 BC (Turn 5) - disperse an annoying costal barb camp and it's trimeme spam. Kill a Dutch Settler.

IT - Col and currency are traded about. Uprising time!

30 BC Not a lot. Great leader finally gets back to civilisation and makes us an archer army. Woo!

IT - I'm a total idiot. Missed where the barbs were coming from. Near Riverside. Too many horses to kill and only an archer or two in range, so I decide to rush our treasury on infrastructure rather than getting it looted.

10 BC - Kill a dutch raider. Kill some barbs. Blow the cash, netting a couple of marketplaces, a couple of libraries, some harbours and a couple of units. Leaving 2 gold for the barbarians to steal.

IT - Barbs ram Catsnip - stealing 2 gold and destroying our valuable work on an archer. Unfortunately do kill off 3 pop points.

10 AD - We got 30 archers, decide it's time for some spears... We'll need them and their upgraded versions soon.

IT - Final Barbs finish themselves off on the fine new town of barb bait.

30 AD - Not a lot.

IT - oh no, one more!

50 AD - Nothing to thrilling.

Notes:

We're making progress towards space filling and hooking up iron/horses. Quite inefficient use of workers, but they can road fast. Just add a sprinkling of settlers.

Speaking of which - need a few more settlers to finish that work, but they're on the way.

Our L33t army is on the way back to the front.

I've left a stack of archers near the dutch unmoved. There's quite enough to take the town, but leave it up to you.

Really sorry about the barbs. Totally missed the camp in the 1 fog square. Figured blowing the treasury on infrastructure was much better than letting barbs run off with it. Marketplaces will pay for themselves over time. Or something like that. :blush:

Edit: Bah! I still can't do images. You'll have to click. :)

nice turns TriviAi

btw- dont put Dz in the save game name, that stands for Durkz as SW stands for Soul_Warrior etc...

Durkz said:
nice turns TriviAi

btw- dont put Dz in the save game name, that stands for Durkz as SW stands for Soul_Warrior etc...

Thanks!

Ah, that explains the file naming thing - couldn't work out why it was called that and now I know... :)

Have fun SW!

Oh and another thing!

Noticed the dutch have horses hooked up. There's 3 iron sources down that way. Can't work out why the Dutch and/or Russians hadn't connected one of them yet? Guess they might have been playing war in that area of the world?

pre turn, seems ok.
lose a bow and advance our archer pile.

IBT- silly dutch runs off into the hills.

1- Salamanca settler > archer, divert some workers to road the iron.

IBT get the Heroic Epic popup. start it in salamanca.

2- Grand River settler > market, Tonawanda spear > settler, ThunderFort archer > archer,
The Hague is razed at the cost of a bow.

IBT dutch drop a bow out of Salamanca.

3- Salamanca archer :D > archer, Catsnip archer > archer, Fish oil harbor > settler, Riverside cat > cat,
hold off on the attack while waiting for more troops.
kill a couple of dutch bows.

IBT

4- Niagra galley > galley, Allhegny settler > archer,
Paris completes ToA and starts the great wall.
moves.

IBT IRON is hooked up. change all archers into swords.

5- Salamnca archer > sword,
england is using swords. and the dutch just hooked up the ponies.

IBT spain lands a bow and axe near salamanca.

6- Kaaaan cat > cat, South Centralia rax > sword, ShinyRock spear > worker, Boring worker > settler,
build PONY-TAIL > harbour,

IBT sink a spanish galley.

7- Alleghny archer :blush: > sword, Tonawanda settler > sword, Fish n chips rax > sword,
MADRID completes the GREAT WALL.
Hurry the HArbour in PONY-TAIL for 236g.
guess what all the sword prebuilds were for?

IBT

8- Salamanca sword > sword, PONYTAIL harbor > worker, Fishoil settler > aqua, Furry MAuch rax > sword, Midway to Iron worker > worker,
Build Horse whisper midway to horses > worker,
hopefully the ponies hook up now. otherwise i have troops roading like mad.

IBT freanch want peace but wont give their entire queendom. too bad.
the Republic comes in via big books.

9- Niagra galley > galley, Riverside cat > cat, Gwengwa worker > worker,
WE GET A FRONT DOOR TO THE CAVE.
AND some cool totem poles.

we take AMSTERDAM, with the Colossus and a prehooked pony :D
Holwerd is autorazed.

IBT dutch drop another horse.

10- Catsnip sword > mountie, Thunder Fort sword > mountie,

a VERY weird thing. we can only build mounties in 2 cities. both are in our core....
i wonder so i press enter for the IBT and look.

IBT nada

11- Salamanca sword > sword :cry: ,

there is a settler left on the south, going for fish and whales. let it.
we have ponies, just not all towns can build them?

i havent moved anything, except to repeat 2 sword builds.

i just loaded the save and we can build mounties in all of our connected cities

Durkz said:
i just loaded the save and we can build mounties in all of our connected cities

Makes me wonder what Wisper to Horses has been loading into his peace-pipe.

Chief PlaysWithSquirrels, take us into our Golden Age!

Roster
3) TriviAL (Prancesonwolves)- On deck
3) Soul Warrior (Whisperer to Horses) -
2) BigNHuge (Chief PlaysWithSquirrels) -
2) JB1964 (ArrivesQuiteLate) -
2) Durkz (Thunderchaser) - has got it

Off on a vision quest
1) MjM (Wannahawkaloogie)

jb1964 said:
Makes me wonder what Wisper to Horses has been loading into his peace-pipe.

Chief PlaysWithSquirrels, take us into our Golden Age!

Roster
3) TriviAL (Prancesonwolves)- On deck
3) Soul Warrior (Whisperer to Horses) - Just played
2) BigNHuge (Chief PlaysWithSquirrels) - UP!
2) JB1964 (ArrivesQuiteLate) - On deck
2) Durkz (Thunderchaser) - has got it

Off on a vision quest
1) MjM (Wannahawkaloogie)
Correct
Wrong

it looks like you were loading in to your pipe too :lol:

Excellent turns!

Horsies and swordies. It's going to be nice not to use archers any more!

27 arrests. That sounds like you're just being persecuted by the law. Mang. :)

Got it, will have tomorrow.

Cant get it for a while, out of town tomorrow.

Grabbed it and played...

Turn 0 – 260 AD
Founded Kente.
All sword builds become MW’s
I’m slipping in a courthouse here and there as the corruption in some cities could be abated.

IBT:
Lizzy wants to talk. She declines the coed milk-bath so the discussion is over.
Spain finishes SoZ so we should take it from them. Dutch galley is heading north up the east shore.

Turn 1 – 270 AD
Founded Kiohero.
Founded Owego.

IBT: France is sending us some fine food. Ya think!?

Turn 2 – 280 AD
Four MW builds.
Barb hunting nets 25g.

IBT: French galley moves to predetermined dispatchment point. Morons.

Turn 3 – 290 AD
French galley gets stoned and then sunk.
Maastricht stoned and an elite win (1/5) vs 2/4 spear. No GL.

IBT: The English finish MoM.

Turn 4 – 300 AD
Barb hunting nets 25g.
MW's move down the road towards Groningen.
Maastricht has a single spear and will be assaulted by an elite archer next turn.
Continue to short rush MW’s and a courthouse in Thunderfort (50% corrupt).

IBT: A Dutch spear shows up outside of Amsterdam.

Turn 5 – 310 AD
The Dutch spear is flawlessly flayed by our archer army in frenetic fashion.
Maastricht falls in elite win but no GL.
Illini founded.

IBT: Isabella wants a piece. I decline since I'm not that kind of guy.

Turn 6 – 320 AD
Found Oiogouen.
Archer army takes out a spear and archer.

IBT:

Turn 7 – 330 AD
The moment of truth. And our MW bites the dust by losing 4 hp’s in a row after taking the 2/3 spear to 1/3. I move 3 more MW’s in to slaughter this dork.
We’re having fun running a cat up and down the west coast dinging barb galleys.

IBT: Another Dutch spear shows up for human sacrifice duty.

Turn 8 – 340 AD
Courthouse build in Thunderfort has minor effect, 40% corrupt (swapping 1g for a sheild is better than rushing), but court in South Centralia reduces corruption to 9s/16 (47% corrupt) from 3s/9 (67% corrupt).
All cats miss our GA sacrifice and the first MW retreats. The second MW takes us into our GA after getting thrashed to 1hp. These early MW's are in need of more training. The Medicine Mad prescribes a dose of buffalo liver extract and a swift kick in the loin cloth.
Elite archer takes the city, Groningen, but no GL.
Another elite win yields nothing. I look forward to the affect of the Heroic Epilady.
Galley promotes to elite sinking a Dutch counterpart (2/4) after being stoned.
Skinnyhorse founded.
We can get the Hanging Gardens in Salamancha in 17 turns during our GA so I opt for it. Making three citizen's content in this city will allow for growth to a nice new production level.

IBT: The English finished the Great Lighthouse and the Spanish switch to making a Betty Crocker Easy Bake Oven. Or maybe Sun Tsu’s.

Turn 9 – 350 AD
Army went after a spear in Rotterdam and got a bloody nose (6/13).
Not much more than that.

We should get Feudalism next turn as three civs have passed it around like an infant at a baby shower. France is in anarchy so I'm guessing Joan will emerge in control of a feudal state.
There's not much cash on hand for sword upgrades (~100 coin) since I've been a bit of a spendthrift.

The game goes well. Here's a shot of the power chart.

Top Bottom