BNH03- Iroquios Revenge on the Pale Skins... An AWM challenge

I'm a little more conservative with my building... Think I'd go Warrior, Warrior, Worker, Grannary... Stops the auto game over/shield waste if someones scouting warrior runs into us. IME, the worker will pay for itself before we get the Grannary together... Lots of BG to mine after all. Possibly chop one of our forests to speed it up.

I'd normally go for BW, but be quite willing to skip it in favor of WC...

Definitely with you on those trades. Although hopefully we won't need them that early on.

Do we do 20 turns for the start, or just the 10?

I love the MW's - they make a fearsome mess!

20 turns first player, 10 turns after that.
and keep a detailed log, including kill ratios, if you can.
remember - we want a ratio of 1:10 at worst if we can.

also recommend you check out these:
Theoden's THE BASICS OF ARMIES
Scoutsout's WARMONGERING 101
ironfang's THE ART OF WAR
tomoyo's ALWAYS WAR THEORY

Scoutsout's and Tomoyo's are my favorites, but all hold good ideas.

and dang if i found a review on the Iroquis! i was sure Ision made one for each and every civ out there.
well, after this game is over i just might write one.

Read the articles, Tomoyo's sits well with me too, so here goes with the farmers gambit... Figure we can always backpedal if anything goes wrong.

4000BC - Worker > Wheat. Nothing exciting to see. Found Salamanaca. > Granary. Science to 100%. WC in 17.
3950BC - Irrigate wheat.
3750BC - Salamanca > size 2. Irrigate > Road.
3600BC - Road finished. Move BG.
3550BC (turn 10) - Mine BG. Salamanca > 3. Entertain > 10%.
3500BC - Culture growth. Move tiles back for growth.
3400BC - WC due in 1. Adjust slider, but can't squeeze an extra gold without delaying WC.
3350BC - WC > Writing. (in 30). Salamanca > 4. Entertain > 20%
3250BC - Mine > Road.
3150BC - Salamanca > 5. Entertain > 30%.
3100BC - Road > Move BG.
3050BC - Mine BG. Granary > Archer.

It worked! Not seen anyone so far, which is a relief! Got some tension from that gambit. :D

On the usual theory that pop = power, I've been keeping growth at maximum.

Salamanca is size 5, grows in 2, archer in 4. Might be worth slowing down growth for a building rush, avoid Salamanca getting past size 6?

Treasury has just started to run at -1, but we can afford 10 whole turns of this! Writing due in 20. Should speed up nicely with another city. I think the river to the SW looks like a tempting spot for city 2?

The save is here.

The world today:

Edit: How do I make my picture appear, just a link atm?

Edit 2: Hope my start doesn't screw anything up. :D

nice moves ;) wolf prancer
next settler (first) should go on top of the eastern most hill.
[defense + coastal]
its distance CxxxC away (not classic AW doctrine...) but coastal and will be heavy shield-wise.

we DONT want Salamanca to get over size 6.
it will lose all the granary bonous.
we want to pump settlers out when it is just about to grow to size 7.

we might fnish the archer and go for a settler.

you make the pics appear by adding when it ends.
but its been working havoc on me these last few days...

if youo MM salamanca like this, the archer ends on growth and the settler will finish in 4 (on growth to 7).

we have a perfect 7 turn archer-settler factory here :D
we just need to squeeze in a rax.

Attachments

• bnh3_sw_143.jpg
    bnh3_sw_143.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 214
Hello again B&H!

Sign me up if you have any openings. I'm currently at 0 SG's. Toss me anywhere into the mix.

BNH01 is still the highest score on my list of finishes, not that it matters, by far. IIRC, for a huge map that game moved fast.

[Edit: nvm, I now see that your roster is full. PM me anytime to fill in or join BnH04]

you know what! Were gonna stick you in cause its AW and we'll benefit from extra minds! You shall forever be know as ArrivesQuiteLate.

BigNHuge said:
you know what! Were gonna stick you in cause its AW and we'll benefit from extra minds! You shall forever be know as ArrivesQuiteLate.

LOL! Thanks! I havn't done an AW for many moons.

I was going to go for "TwoDogsFornicating" (old joke) but your nickname is more family friendly and more appropriate.

Put me at the end of the lineup as my folks are in town until Saturday.

soul_warrior said:
hey hey JB, good to see you back...
Whisper to horses greets Arrives too Late and offers a peace :smoke: (running to hide all the :beer: around.)

ArrivesTooLate greets WhisperToHorses and embraces the offer of peace :smoke: . No need to hide the fire-water as ArrivesTooLate's stash is as big as large buffalo (mother-in-law). :D

ArrivesTooLate is in good spirits these warm days of the high sun but has had a battle with the plant of three leaves and red stem (poison ivy).

Whee

Preturn:

Switch to MM that sw suggested.

Turn 1: 3000 BC

Our treasury is running "dangerously" low. Bah

Turn 2: 2950 BC

Nuttin

Turn 3: 2900 BC

Salamanca
Archer--> Settler

Turn 4: 2850 BC

Nuttin

Turn 5: 2800 BC

Nuttin

Turn 6: 2750 BC

Worker finishes mine. Have him road.

Turn 7: 2700 BC

Salamanca
Settler--> Barracks

Turn 8: 2650 BC:

Settler movements. Nothing special

Turn 9: 2630 BC

We have only 1 gold. So I turn down Writing to 50%. It gains 2 turns , but we are breaking even. Settler moves to hill spot. Rax in 3.

Turn 10: 2590 BC

Well okay. A Russian scout leaks into our veiw. They are up BW , the wheel , and CB. We have 1 gold and no techs to trade to her. There are no possible deals. So I declare war on Russia. Found Niagra Falls on the hill spot. Writing is due in 14 turns. Rax is due in 2 turns. Niagra Falls is on a warrior , but can be switched whenever.

Good turns, although i wouldnt have let the gold in the bank go so low. Now, we'll have to lower more when rax is done.

BnH3 - SW

preturn, lower lux a notch, up sci a bit (writing in 12, +1 gpt)

1- tweedle sliders (in 11, +1gpt) MM for food.
2- Salamanka Rax > settler, slider tweedling.
3- :sleep:
4- :sleep:
5- Salamnca settler > archer, Niagra warrior > warrior,
6- tweedle some more. writing in 7.
7- worker finished mine > road, russian scout comes back so i move in our of our braves.
8- moves.
9- Salamnca archer > settler, leave archie as MP so i lower lux gaining 1gpt.
10- worker crosses river to road. Build Grand River > warrior,
Grand river snatches the Wheat, but some creative MMing gets the plant back online.
its an odd numbered turn (37) so ill push on till turn 40.
more tweedling.

11- Niagra falls warrior > warrior,
12- WRITING IS IN. set for PHILOSOPHY making 1gpt (in 13)

NO beakers spent yet!
i think we should get the Phil freebie, get CoL and then head for Lit.
its time we started our prebuild.
and remmeber we need contacts to make this work, so a curragh would be nice.

Attachments

• BnH3_sw_158.jpg
    BnH3_sw_158.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 174
Hello Prancesonwolves. ArrivesQuiteLate has arrived quite late for work so I naturally must check the Civ threads first. :D

Proud Iroquios Warriors:
TriviAL (Prancesonwolves)
MjM (Wannahawkaloogie)
Soul Warrior (Whisperer to Horses)
Durkz (Thunderchaser) - UP
BigNHuge (Chief PlaysWithSquirrels)
JB1964 (ArrivesQuiteLate)​

All of this goofiness has made me remember a friend from four months I spent is South Dakota. He was half Sioux Indian. Whenever I would wear my Univ. of Illinois shirt with the Chief Illiniwek mascot (www.chiefilliniwek.org) he would get upset with me. I imagine he wouldn’t take this thread very well either. Despite being overly sensitive he was a great guy and one of the most well read people I have ever met. Merl, if you're reading this... Hiya! :goodjob:

Should we really get CoL from Philo free tech? Were not going into Republic by any means.

CoL can be used as trade bait, and those courts an come in handy.
but we can get Lit out of it and HALT science (i believe we can research it faster)
OTH, we can get MAPS out off it and get some contacts up and running
we do want them to be in a war mode, right?

so better idea is either MAPS (for contacts) or straight for LIT.

my pref now is MAPS, as we dont have a prebuild up yet.

which reminds me - LETS START ONE

Top Bottom