BNH03- Iroquios Revenge on the Pale Skins... An AWM challenge

BNH3 SW
520ad-550ad

IBT- not much.

530- start some settler skimmimgs all around. otherwise still mainly MW and GALLEYS.
South Centralia court > Aqua,
moves and counter moves.

IBT- :sleep: retreat an english knight.

540- Furry Chunk starts Aqua,

IBT- we get KNIGHTS for free :evil: but LONDON completes KNIGHTS TEMPLAR :mad:

550 charters is ours, getting 2 wounded E MWs.
rush RAX in ORLEANS for some much needed MW > KNIGHTS.
do the same in GRONIGEN (our departure point. might as well upgrade them on our side of the pond)

footnotes to reality.
* forgot the harbors connect SEA tiles only with ASTRONOMY, so wasted about 300g on rushed harbors. sorry.
* MWs can cover MUCH more land than can GALLEYS. run the horses upto GRONIGEN and galley them across from there.
* we need the EAST coast FULLY ROADED ASAP. also clear it from marshes. needless delay. started it.

* Paris has 6 MW on the walls, but i would wait for the 6 soon to be KNIGHT in ORLEANS.
* the ENGLISH side needs some more troops.

* theres an island near the bottom south. sent a galley witha settler, send more.

* were still in our GA.

sorry guys i just dont have enough time to input in this sg or to play so i have to drop out :(

If we don't count my attempted theft of Chief PlaysWithSquirrels' turnset this is my take on things...

4) TriviAL (Prancesonwolves) -
4) Soul Warrior (Whisperer to Horses) -
4) BigNHuge (Chief PlaysWithSquirrels) -
3) JB1964 (ArrivesQuiteLate) - Up by the grace of the rest of the team?

I'm once again chomping at the bit to play so if there are no openly hostile objections I'll take ten turns to run more units over to our pals across the Straights of Squirrels.

Gone to the great hunting grounds in the sky...
2) Durkz (Thunderchaser) -

I opened it up and short rushed some knights. That's it. Planning on playing wrecklessly fast this evening to hand off to the next brave brave.

BTW, the way the forces have been grouped, positioned and used in the past several turns appears to have been excellent. My methods at this point would be far more random.

jb1964 said:
BTW, the way the forces have been grouped, positioned and used in the past several turns appears to have been excellent. My methods at this point would be far more random.
why, thank you, Mr Late.
it just makes sense to me to advance in groups.
and i just :love: using 2 pincer attacks. a classic startegy that (almost) never fails.

Synopsis:
Paris and several other cities were starved to pop 1.
Rotterdam was lost and recaptured due to the landing of a knight and MI from the fog..
MW were brought back to be upgraded. We can do about one a turn.
We have a new knight army over the Straights of Squirrel.
Coventry, Seville, Murcia and Barcelona were captured.
We now own SoZ.
Our Golden Age ended.
Cities in the south need to be MM'ed for growth and tax revenue.
There are 5 settlers looking for homes. The unit support would be helpful.

We need to rework (mine) the grass tiles around the capitol. Too much food.
It also isn't too soon to position some gallies off to the NE of the other continent to transport knights, etc. to the landmass of last retreat.

Sounds cool! Figure we've got them all on the run by now... must be a good way towards the domination limit?

Now for the $64000 question. Is it me to play or BnH?

Sorry to see you go, Durkz!

Ill be out of town until friday. Going to a friends house and to a Detroit Tigers baseball game. Please skip me until then. Sorry for the trouble.

Cool. This is a got it, but not going to be an immediate play... hopefully not too long though.

SW - thanks very much for that roster. :)

BnH - have fun with the visit and game!

I did not check the domination level but I think we're still about 20% away since we still have unclaimed tiles on our own continent.

The new knight army will bust anything in our way.

50% world 71% pop. Hit enter.

IT - 2 dogs riots.

660AD - York falls to the army. Decide to hurl our MWs at the far continent. Better to use than wait 100 years for upgrades?

670AD - Warwick falls.

French want peace. Ha.

680AD - 53% world 75% pop. Madrid + Great wall belong to us. Lyons captured. Short rushed a few temples to grab that all important coastline.

690AD - Nottingham falls. Tours is captured by our first ancient cavalry. Woo! The French are no more! Santiago Captured. Produces a great leader. Spanish Dead. WoW! 59% area 87% pop.

About this time I get this great idea to send some galleys round for the final island. Embarrased. Rush a few galleys near the island.

700AD - take a mild risk. Attack Canterbury across a river, with a bunch of knights. Catch it and the Mausoleum.

IT - Pentagon pop up!

710AD - Gather forces. Take Hastings. 65% area. 94 pop.

720AD - founding a city on 1 free square on an island takes us to 66%. YAY! Take London, then land a couple of galleys on the last island. Just to make sure. :)

Domination in 730AD. 6377 Points. Hiawatha the Magnificent.

Had a lot of fun playing with you guys. Thanks for a great game! :D

Anyway, short break, then my girlfriend is working nights for 6 weeks. Think I'm going to be back in this forum quite a bit. :lol:

soul_warrior said:
yet another notch ion the belt. :goodjob: all.
BTW - looking for players in SW8.
its a space win, no science, * no trade game.
slots remaining.

How in God's green earth do you even approach a no science, no trade space race? Sounds like advancement through extortion, stealing and peace deals.

jb1964 said:
How in God's green earth do you even approach a no science, no trade space race? Sounds like advancement through extortion, stealing and peace deals.
EXACTLY :devil: come on in... i've got enough :beer: for everyone.

I'm in.

This sounds nutty enough to be interesting.

Im back from out of town and congrats to all for our great win. The BnH series is still undefeated but its not looking good in BNH04.

Top Bottom