BNH04- The Five Sultans Conquest Diety

^ No worries Own. BTW I tried a sample game with 3 food per citizen on Deity, it played a lot easier than I expected. The only tough part was that I couldn't get the GL in time, but it was easy enough to capture.

got it and will have tomorrow. How should we proceed?

We definately need TGL. Trading is difficult when every AI is up 6 techs.

I've got a crazy idea, just crazy enought to work. Maybe we should gift the GL city and wait til miltrad to take it back? If we do we should gift it to Germany after we're done with them. We then build infra and knights for upgrade and taking back the city. Of course we should take the techs they offer the first turn of the GL, hoping they're not at lit yet so we can establish a rep/mon.

Speaking of that, what's our feeling about gov type? I have no preference, as I have no Deity experiance, only demi and sid :D .

That is crazy enough to work, except, we'd give up one of our main cities. I like the idea, but we should ditch it the turn before we know we'll get education. We can wait and take it back and that might get us into the IA.

Own said:
We definately need TGL. Trading is difficult when every AI is up 6 techs.

I've got a crazy idea, just crazy enought to work. Maybe we should gift the GL city and wait til miltrad to take it back? If we do we should gift it to Germany after we're done with them. We then build infra and knights for upgrade and taking back the city. Of course we should take the techs they offer the first turn of the GL, hoping they're not at lit yet so we can establish a rep/mon.

Speaking of that, what's our feeling about gov type? I have no preference, as I have no Deity experiance, only demi and sid :D .

republic is my preference

BigNHuge said:
That is crazy enough to work, except, we'd give up one of our main cities. I like the idea, but we should ditch it the turn before we know we'll get education. We can wait and take it back and that might get us into the IA.

IMO it's well worth a main city. We can tell where the AI is in tech by the wonders they're building. If they're building Sistines, IMO it'd be too big a risk. But I bet by the time we're done education won't be contemperorary.

Ok, Im going to need till tomorrow evening, im just very very busy. I took Math04 first, just because it was the first one on my list :p sorry.

yeah, swap please, that would work out great.

Pre-turn: Move citizen working forest in Bursa to mined BG Istanbul doesn't need for more food. Move citizen in Uskadar to deer. Change to warrior from worker for shield efficency. With pop two, a worker won't take too long afterwards. Diety badly needs irrigation, as it's a top rank city and needs to grow.
I can't play anymore until certan things are discussed.

Swords, horses, or combo? I think swords as a main assault taking out the cores with horses quickly annihilating the outliers. We have plenty of cash for chariot and warrior upgrades.

GL? Start a prebuild? Or is it too late? Where to start prebuild? When? Capture? Gifting gambit? Though Diety would build the GL the fastest, it is needed for the war effort. Can we afford to research WC and HR along with Alphabet, writing, and lit and not waste too many prebuild shields, and still have upgrade cash?

Should we wait to expand past the choke until after our nasty little buisness with Germany is over, as it is a waste of valuable Capital pop and shields, and they won't conbribute except for free unit support? Or will we have so many units that free unit support will be an issue this early?

If I'm taking this way too cautiously or seriously, just say so. It's just that most of my Deity games start like this, but I just fall behind cause I don't think about this stuff and mindlessly and aimlessly play turns. The advantage of the SG is being able to discuss important stuff like this, and since players have a small 10 turns to play, they can take them slowly and correctly.

^ Own, we need the GL IMHO. A strategy based on capturing it won't work if the civ that builds it is too far away or too powerful. Our GL city needs to be on a river and have good shield potential, which is why I suggest Izmit (could reach 20 spt). Diety has much more limited shield potential and it is crowded by German borders.

One thing to remember is that workers are crucial at this stage, especially at Deity. We will need at least one worker for each city built along with a steady supply of workers to join into our GL city to get it to size 12 ASAP.

Works for me. Anyway, ill have it tomorrow definatly (Day off!!!) w00t etc, etc. But, this is where I get into trouble, needing GL, workers, and Military, and worrying about culture pressure. Can we draw up some sort of short-term goal and we can do that. Thanks.

Yeah, this is why I didn't play. We need to talk about these things.

My .02 on everyfing
-I think the city Bigfoot suggested for the GL is the best location.
-I think if we let the GL city grow a lot without much shields, it will produce more shields in the long run, and preserver the prebuild so we can research WC and HR cheap cause I bet Germany has both.
-Contacts with another civ is needed, to make techs cheaper. The couple turns from discount techs we save by meeting somebody could allow us to attack before Germany has pikes.
-I think we should not expand past the northern choke, as those cities will be useless and Istanbul needs to make units.
-After Istanbul completes this settler, it should switch to rax, as it needs to get in on the war effort.
-We have tons of cash so let's build some vet warriors for sword upgrades. Maybe we could delay hooking up iron to build enough that our cash could handle.
-Attack with combo of swords and horses. We need the beastly sword to take the big cities, and the fast horses to quickly overrun the outliers.
-2 workers per city is what I say.
-Capture, not raze. Flip risks are low and can easily be taken back if flipped.
-Assault size should be 10 swords and 8 horses.

Just add IMO to the beginning of each point. I'm really only doing this to stir up debate.

the only thing i disagree with is 2 workers per city. I think until we've gotten the first war done, it should be about 1.5. We can't safely have our workers in the south for about 10 turns, which would get the north tiles good. Once Germany is done a lil bit, we can send those workers farther south. Eventually we should get 2 per city, but i dont think we can afford it early on if were going to war.

Not sure about stopping at the northern choke. Why not grab the real estate while we can? We aren't anywhere close to OCN so corruption won't be a problem, and the extra cities will give us additional unit support and gpt. If nothing else we can use those cities to pump out some workers (grow in 10 / build in 10). Of course, if we are concerned about Germany launching a sneak attack -- always a valid concern when they are this close -- then perhaps we should convert Istanbul to military builds like Own suggests.

One thing about war with Germany, I would suggest waiting until we have some cats to support the invasion. Our kill ratio will be much higher that way, important because the AI will have a ****load of units for us to deal with. We will get more elites and leaders that way too. With the enemy this close I prefer swords, although I can see the case for horses (especially with our UU being a mounted unit). BTW, totally agree with the need to make contacts and lower our tech costs. Once we get Alpha we should get a couple of curraghs out exploring to see what the rest of the world is up to. Just my .02.

Top Bottom