1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BNW 1.0.3.279] Trading does not give diplomacy boost. Bug or feature?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by fcf12, Jan 22, 2015.

1. fcf12

fcf12 Chieftain

Trading a lux for a lux with another civ does not give the "We have traded recently" -10-30 diplo modifier. The only thing that seems to provide it is giving away a lux for free.

Not sure if this is intented but it seems like a bug to me, because the text should be fixed then to "We have recieved a gift recently". So either fix the tooltip text, or fix the modifier to trigger off a trade, atleast lux for lux.

2. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Might be bugged phrasing, I suppose, but that bonus was nerfed early on to only apply where the trade includes some "gift" element (i.e., a trade where the AI pays less than it was prepared to pay and/or the AI receives more than it would insist on receiving). The diplo bonus starts at the equivalent of 1 gpt and rises from there.

3. fcf12

fcf12 Chieftain

Do you know the cap on the bonus how many GPT? It says the minimum you can get is -10, so 1 horse/iron/1gpt/1gold? will give you -10?

4. EndoConvert

EndoConvert Warlord

Can confirm what Browd said. This is only a bug in the sense that the tooltip text is misleading; that there is no benefit is apparently by design. The bonus has always ONLY been given if the AI thinks it profited off the trade. Trading in itself gives no diplomatic benefit if the trade is even. Lux for a lux is an even trade and thus does not give the modifier.

5. Izmir Stinger

Izmir Stinger Deity

The awkward wording may be a legacy of the most important Diplo bonus from Civ 4, "Our trade relations have been fair and forthright," a bonus you got from trades that were decidedly UNFAIR... in the other civilization's favor.

6. LordBalkoth

LordBalkoth Prince

Giving them 5 GPT every 30 turns basically keeps the modification at maximum, I believe.