BNW features and Communitas

... Gold got too efficient in GEM; it became *better* than production.

I agree completely. On the other hand BNW right now has the exact opposite problem: You never want to spend gold on purchases because it's SO inefficient compared to every other use of gold (bribery, trading with allies, RAs, etc). In my first game of BNW vanilla I don't think I bought a single building (although I bought a trade ship and probablya worker) in the entire game.

You never want to spend gold on purchases because it's SO inefficient compared to every other use of gold
I think it is good that, absent any modifiers, I want to use gold for research agreements, trade, city states, etc.
I disagree that you never want to buy, sometimes you still do - like to buy a university in your biggest research city or a factory in your unit production city. But you don't want to buy most buildings everywhere.

If you want to buy lots of units or buildings with gold, then get the appropriate policies (in Commerce, Order, or Autocracy, and Big Ben Wonder).

Sorry for being away so long but i've had other work to do and wanted to play more BNW before i made any comments. I still can't make any suggestions yet or help but maaaan BNW really isn't for me. It was so hard to complete 25 games on Standard or Epic, i could cry. I guess i'm just too spoiled because GEM is in so many ways simply better.

Btw it's so great to see so much work done already. I havn't seen everything yet but it looks so much better now.

So thanks Thal and everyone else for pouring so much effort in this.

Top Bottom