BNW France Deity Cultural Victory

PrimEval

Warlord
Hey Guys! This is PrimEval back with another Deity Let's Play. I've pre-recorded the first half of the game already and will play the second half with your input and answering your questions! In this game I am aiming for a peaceful (or mostly peaceful) cultural victory. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC6CuezIfeI&list=PLO2TQ35QuC4FCGj5UhWOWJEYENq9LEpJb
For those of you who want to play along with me I have attached the initial save.

Attachments

• Napoleon_Initial_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    589.9 KB · Views: 178
for the cursor bug, placed it way on the right of the window instead of on top of it ,it works better

Many thanks for the excellent (!) vids.

Any chance you could post save files for the start (or start + a turn or two) of each segment? It'd be nice to try the current situation myself - and then see how much
better it could be done.

Very small differences in play quickly get magnified.

Again, many thanks!

You do an excellent job putting your thought processes into words,very nice. I was following the first parts while doing other stuff at the computer. Turns out one does not have to watch continously and still get what is happening. Until now I considered myself a moriarte fanboy exclusively, but with this one you may have already converted me like you did Polynesia;)

Now I am curious to see how this wide spread religion of yours holds up. I often find that after a promising start with a faith mountain and a pantheonless neighbour things become somewhat frustrating when the great prophet spam of the AI starts. I have experimented with delaying civil service and going for theology/borobodur first in these scenarios, but I doubt it is worth it. Still, getting world religion is often possible. Expensive though.

How you handeled your social policies surprised me: Not finishing tradition, putting three into patronage and not touching aesthetics at all with rationalism still to do, exploration to open and ideology to come. I am curious how you are going to continue. I get that without at least the writers guild staffed the aesthetics opener doesnt do much. I always feel under pressure to get the guilds running and aesthetics opened as soon as possible, while you seem very relaxed about this.

I was also surprised to see you even consider to tech towards pisa after sistine. Obv my game is far from being as tight as yours, but still I would think that even for an excellent player pisa was just impossible to get at that point. Even when I go for it directly after education and skip sistine (which would be a science game in most cases) I do not always succeed.

Whatever, great videos, thank you, that is basically what i wanted to say

Hello,

I am trying to play this game, but I don't have all of the DLCs needed. I own Civ V, Gods and Kings and Brave New World. What is the most economical way to buy the rest of the needed downloads through Steam?

Hello,

I am trying to play this game, but I don't have all of the DLCs needed. I own Civ V, Gods and Kings and Brave New World. What is the most economical way to buy the rest of the needed downloads through Steam?

wait for a sale and buy in bulk. civ5 is frequently on sale so it shouldn't take long. longest wait will probably until easter.

Thanks for the vids.just won my second deity game with Russia following your opening and strategy.
was going for cultural but ending up world leader .Did not get into any fights ,a first for me.

Top Bottom