1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BNW] FREE buildings erasing old buildings with no benefit

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by Vidszhite, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Vidszhite

Vidszhite Prince

I noticed in another thread that once someone got Tradition filled out late-game for the free Aqueduct, it was actually causing the aqueducts he already had to have no effect, and he was now only getting food holdover from his medical labs. Intrigued, I decided to try this out with CN tower to see if free Broadcast Towers caused hard-built BTs to disappear in effect as well, and it turns out, they do disappear. I would see +33% from World Wonder, but no +33% from Broadcast Tower anymore.

So, basically, if you come upon something that grants a [FREE] improvement, and that city already has that improvement, you will see the [FREE] improvement, but the effect is erased and cancelled out.

2. FeiLing

FeiLing Deity

Interesting. Saw someone else mentioning this before (since BNW).
    That's a pretty awful bug that definitely has to be fixed with the fall patch.

3. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

The previous thread with the CN Tower bug may be found here. In the save game from that thread, the only cities that lost the Broadcast Tower bonus were those in which the Great Work of Musician slot was empty. Do you recall if that was the case in your game? Do you still have a save file that illustrates the problem? Thanks.