BNW not working, can't activate it

I have the same issue, It's very simple but very disappointing. When I look at my DLC it says I have BNW. When I look at BNW in the steam store it says I have it. When I start CIV 5 it goes to Gods And Kings and when I go to the DLC menu it says that I can click the check mark to activate BNW. But no matter how many times I restart Civ and no matter how many times I click the check mark and press "ok" if won't load BNW.

I have already validated my cache. Nothing changed.

Are you from the US/Canada? If you're from anywhere else, the dll will not activate until tomorrow.

If you ARE from the US/Canada, try restarting your Steam client.

I've rebooted and restarted steam multiple times. I have also restarted my computer. It still starts up Gods and Kings. I have no idea how to enable this. The DLC was a birthday gift from my brother in Russia 2 weeks ago, but he said it wasn't region locked. I suppose I can see how that might be an issue (because it hasn't unlocked in Europe/Asia) but it still says everything is working.

EDIT: Brave New World intro plays. I'm not sure if that means anything...

EDIT 2: The Gods and Kings screen looks weird, as the bottom 1/3 of it is black. That might be an error.

I've rebooted and restarted steam multiple times. I have also restarted my computer. It still starts up Gods and Kings. I have no idea how to enable this. The DLC was a birthday gift from my brother in Russia 2 weeks ago, but he said it wasn't region locked. I suppose I can see how that might be an issue (because it hasn't unlocked in Europe/Asia) but it still says everything is working.

EDIT: Brave New World intro plays. I'm not sure if that means anything...

EDIT 2: The Gods and Kings screen looks weird, as the bottom 1/3 of it is black. That might be an error.

If it's a key from Russia, then steam will not deliver the dll until midnight tonight. You have the rest of the content, you just need that last piece.

If it's a key from Russia, then steam will not deliver the dll until midnight tonight. You have the rest of the content, you just need that last piece.

Ok. He bought it for me on steam. I don't think that counts as a key, does it?

Hi Guys-if this is the wrong place for this thread, then please feel free to merge, move or delete it.

So the game unlocked here at Midnight last night (I pre-ordered around 3 weeks ago), but when I went to start up the game, it's still showing me the old G&K Intro. Also, when I went to check the DLC, Brave New World doesn't appear in the list. So can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong, or what else I need to do at this point?

Thanks in advance guys :)!

Aussie.

There should be a steam update to install first. I just restarted steam after the update and it started downloading properly, and actually giving me the pack.

There should be a steam update to install first. I just restarted steam after the update and it started downloading properly, and actually giving me the pack.

Thanks Manta. Where do I go to do the update of Steam?

I won't know until I get home from work!

Aussie.

Top Bottom