[BNW] Peace treaty bug?

brasaelal

Warlord
Anyone can tell me if this is a bug?

I was waring England for a long time and my warmonger penalty was getting worse and worse. A few turns before taking London, several civs dow on me. I desperately atacked London with all units so I could get back soon with my army to defend the other side of my empire.

Ok. London taken and units positioned to defend. I was at war against Netherlands, Aztecs, Ethiopia and two other civs far away. Only Netherlands and Ethiopia were really atacking and each turn I was killing one or two enemy units.

So, for my surprise, Montezuma offers me peace and Teothiuacan in the deal. I wasn't even preparing to atack them! I accepted and sold the city back to them for almost all they had (gpt and 2 luxury).

A few turns later, William did the same offering me Rotterdam. I sold back to him for 63 gpt.

Is this a bug? I've never seen this happen before.

It's weird! Half of my army was destroyed by English Longbowmen. I believe I was 8th or 9th at military power.

Montezuma was at war against Suleiman and was being crushed, but Netherlands had a decent army and wasn't fighting anyone else.

I really feel it's a bug...

Your peace treaty gets blocked when you kill off a civilization. Other civilizations don't want to get killed themselves so next time that you go attacking other civilizations, make sure that you allow their civilization to survive by leaving them at least one non capital city.

I did it. I took London, made peace and England still had one city.

There was no reason Montezuma and William should be afraid. I wasn't a threat at all. My army wasn't big and was only defending.

Even if my army was really powerful, I wasn't atacking. Usually the AI offers cities in the peace treaty when they're about to loose the capital.

It's possible that the fact that you were at war with England made you a more tempting target, but with England out of the war, Monty decided that he couldn't measure up anymore. With Elizabeth and Monty both out, maybe William decided that he was in trouble too. If you were killing a couple of William's units every turn, maybe you had taken him down enough to change his mind.

It's possible that the fact that you were at war with England made you a more tempting target, but with England out of the war, Monty decided that he couldn't measure up anymore. With Elizabeth and Monty both out, maybe William decided that he was in trouble too. If you were killing a couple of William's units every turn, maybe you had taken him down enough to change his mind.
Well, maybe that's it. England was pretty powerful, ahead in science, Great Wall and Longbowmen. Beating them could be a signal that I was very powerful too.

Top Bottom