[BNW] Why liberty at all?

I never had much problems with pre-T70 DoWs with Dido, but she is definitely the biggest backstabber in the game. I actually feel safer if she dislikes me, because she has a thing for DoWing friends. I swear that doing a DoF with her is a 100% guarantee of a DoW in the next 30 turns.

Yeah, reading the thread even if I think the AI is too passive, is nice to have more reasonable AI players. I remember my first Immortal game (G&K) with china and pangea, that while I was farming some barbs from quests while going construction, GANDHI backtabbed me early and took my second city.

Anyways they have overdone it, I never seen any AI successful aggressor before Medieval or so.

Yeah, reading the thread even if I think the AI is too passive, is nice to have more reasonable AI players. I remember my first Immortal game (G&K) with china and pangea, that while I was farming some barbs from quests while going construction, GANDHI backtabbed me early and took my second city.

In this particulary situacion "backstab and take the city when opponent is busy hunting barbs" is like well played. It is problem if AI DoW when it is on the other side of globe, or is storming with pikeman against machine guns. Or sending units 1by1 to the trademill. But as long hostile actions are effective it is WP.

Still, this warmonger thing is over the top now. :-(
Lack of toleration for wars in pre industrial era is mood killer for me.
Being able to survive all game with couple of composite archers is another.

i disagree. I play on emperor, so the extra worker and settler from Liberty is essential. I run with liberty about 95% of my games.

i disagree. I play on emperor, so the extra worker and settler from Liberty is essential. I run with liberty about 95% of my games.

No it isn't. You can just build a worker and hard build your Settlers. I'd be willing to wager almost anything that you'd achieve faster win times if you opened Tradition in your games and just built your units normally.

I think they are well balanced trees. The constant bickering over which is better is a testament to that.

I think people who take a hardline for tradition openings underestimate the value of settling 3 cities a good number of turns earlier, and they're stronger cities earlier. The +1 hammer / +5% production is really good and the fast workers (faster with pyramids) are also good.

Also I think liberty takes the tech lead a little bit faster because of getting an earlier NC (or settling GS). I think after like T150 you start to regret not going Tradition but having gone liberty allowed you to have an easier time getting to T150 at all. My fairly limited experience with deity is that if you survive to 150, you're in a good position to win the game.

Top Bottom