Board NES, Version 2 - BN1 with the Board

thebignastyone

Clandestine
Things of importance will be discussed below.

Nation template

Name of nation/ CFC name
Preferred color
General location of start
squares owned: 1
brigades: 1
territories owned: 0

Nation limit

I will limit the nations when I see too many to make a somewhat quick game. I do not want a game that goes on forever, but also I would like some competition. So if I cut you, I'm sorry, but you get first dibbs the next round for everything, and you will get a handicap to start the next game, see below for handicap.

Turns

Turns will be every time orders are brought in, or every 2 days or so, to keep it moving, I would like to have a couple rounds to put in the hall of fame ;)

Map

The map is a whole bunch of squares as you probably already know. These squares are important, as they run pretty much every aspect of you winning this game, as it is a conquest victory game at this point. The Map is of North America right now, and will be for the duration of this game. What is the great part is, I will be changing the continents every game, and when were done with the 7, something special might be in effect for getting that far. As you may notice by the map, there are some squares that are cut from the natural curves of the landscape, don’t worry, they count just like the rest, however, the ones that are miniscule are just going to be colored in, for eye’s sake, however they have no value.

Expansion

OK this is radical I know.... but there will be no expansion to start the game. I want to get this going to the good 'ol fashioned war games quick. So this is what I'm gonna do. Your gonna take the map, put your Dot where you want your capital, and when I have enough people with their dots, I'm going to split up the map by taking 2 square radii from each til the map is full. YES that means you may not get the same amount of squares, so choose a spot wisely.

Cities

1 city, that is your capital, no more 100000000000 cities to have to keep track of.

Army
this is up for debate, because I really dont have a real good plan for it, so if someone has a better idea, ill more than likely use it.

2 brigades per square. So, as the game progresses, everyone should have the same sized army, until the borders are connected, that way we at least see that far.

battles/skirmishes/Military UPDATED

This would be based on the game risk's rules of war. For those who have no clue about the game, you roll 3 dice if you’re attacking and 2 if you’re defending and those numbers are in accordance w/how ever many units you’re attacking with or defending with. So say I attack with 2 guys, I can only roll 1 die cause I cannot attack myself out of existence, whereas if a defender is defending w/2 units, he can use 2 dice because he’s defending to the last guy. I as the moderator will be doing the rolling, and I will document the rolls so everyone knows I'm not cheating someone, it's just a game of chance. If you have further questions ask, or just wait till you see what I do, trust me, it’s a great system.

Brigades will be denoted somehow on the map, so your troop locations will be known to everyone, except if their in cites, then there not on the map. This is important so you can put your troops on a border you see becoming hostile.

Movement UPDATED

This is based mostly for your units. You will be able to move 10 squares a turn per brigade. And don’t think you’re pulling a fast one on me by saying to put guys here… I’ll know, and just put the guys 10 blocks from their last spot. Same goes for Naval movement, I'm taking out the ships, and if you want to move across the water, it's gonna be 5 squares per turn. Only difference is, you can only go from mainland to islands, not around the back of russia, so keep that in mind, MAINLAND TO ISLAND NAVAL MOVEMENT ONLY.

Your Military stays in your capital until needed, so I don't have all these dots all over the place like last time, way confusing....

WHEN it comes time to invade, You may move your guys out in orders, PM if you prefer, and ill take them out, but remember 10 squares.

INVASION!!
my favorite word.
When it comes time to smell the sweetness that is war, move to your borders and take some land. remember you can only move 10 squares per unit, and you might want to keep them together, cuase the guy you just invaded, is gonna come out with his guys.

Diplomacy

Pretty much the only things that can go under here at the moment are; mutual protection pacts, Non aggression pacts, Alliances, Right of passages, that sort of thing. When you guys decide that you want one of these, and talk your way through one, put it in your orders. This way, there is no confusion about who is with whom.

bonuses and handicaps

This is for players that continue from one game to the next. the winner of the last game gets some sort of handicap (like can build 1 less city or something), while those who didn't do too well get bonuses (like getting an extra city), new players start with some average. that way it evens out the game between those more used to these games and those that aren’t. These will be determined after the end of each game, meaning they won't be the same + or -. Not important till the end of the game.

Ending

What all that means is there will be an actual ending! an ending in a thread that says never ending story? Yup, that’s the best part. You get to be a winner of something for a change. What this means is there will be multiple games during this threads lifetime, not a huge one that when someone new comes in, has no clue what happened in the beginning, and doesn’t have to read all day to figure out what his nation has done or is involved in.

The game ends when one of 3 things happens.
A) Someone runs the whole world.
B) There is like 3 people left, and they all decide there is only one possible winner, and then the game will end to start up fresh. THIS MUST BE VOTED ON BY THE PARTICIPANTS, AND MUST BE A MAJORITY VOTE.
C) A diplomatic victory. In other words, not a single person is looking dominant, and the game is in a stalemate, then I will end the game, and the people vote who should be the winner, however, If I find this to be a popularity contest, in other words, I’ve been modding, I have a good idea who played the best, then I will end the voting right there, and choose a winner myself.

Remember, EVERY ONE of the numbers posted above can, and possibly will, change during the course of the game. Obviously I don’t have a clue what is going to work and what isn’t, and if something is not working for you LET US KNOW. By majority vote, we can change anything that doesn’t seem to be working.

Russia/ RoddyVR
Green
Moscow

Genevan Empire/ Finmaster
Purple

Spain/ Tossi
Orange
Madrid

Denmark/ TexasToast
Yellow

Iceland/ Toteone
Red

Hungary/ Thebignastyone
Blue
Supremia

Reserved for the map

Attachments

• jpgeurope.jpg
    jpgeurope.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 147
i'll take a starting point going east from St Petersburg(eastmost point of baltic sea waters) half way to the other side.

if i need to give more info then that i'll do so on monday when i get to work. not much time for the games now, but i have to join.

so am i the winner yet? is it me or are there fewer and fewer board nes players around. my last 2 got ignored altogether, but i thought that was just cause they were mine. might have to do some active recruiting for this thing BN1

I'll join as Genevan empire (even though it seems like it's gonna fail..). Starting location in Switzerland. Preferred colour would be purple. I hope you get it going.

I'm in! Start me in north-eastern spain.

I have 6, 7 if I play, and i really dont want to have todo that, but i will if need be. If you guys want more, say the word, we will wait, otherwise, I'm starting to make the map on wednesday.

One more in hungary would be nice to get some preassure on finmaster ;).

Nooo! No pressure on me :)

Join, people, join!

i think we should just start. been a couple days since anyone's joined, so we may be at the end of that process. plus starting it would be way more fun then waiting some more. ;)

Top Bottom